ASW Betting - Compensating Edge Cases

Discussion in 'Past Events' started by [ATA]Charlie, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Hey everyone,

During Summer 2016 All Star Wars we allowed all players to place bets on who they though would win the wars between our most elite players through an item they could purchase in the store.

(Original forum post: http://forum.kingdomsatwar.com/search.php?search_id=active_topics)

We feel it was received well and we were happy to let everyone take part in cheering for our strongest KaWers!

Unfortunately there were some edge cases we didn't account for correctly when building the system that left almost 2% of players bets to get lost in the system. This post is to explain how we are compensating those effected, and briefly explain what happened.

Compensation was sent out to players effected at around 3:30 today.

Compensation

For those effected, compensation worked out this way (broken down by round):

Round 1 Bet Token + Not compensated + Bet Lost = 0 Aevum Circle Pieces
    Round 1 Bet Token + Not compensated + Bet Won = 32 Aevum Circle Pieces

Round 2 Bet Token + Not compensated + Bet Lost = 0 Aevum Circle Pieces
    Round 2 Bet Token + Not compensated + Bet Won = 16 Aevum Circle Pieces

Finals Bet Token + Not compensated + Bet Lost = 0 Aevum Circle Pieces
    Final Bet Token + Not compensated + Bet Won = 8 Aevum Circle Pieces

What was the Edge Case?

Some players were able to make a few bets before the Event Page for each round was set up that tricked the system into thinking that they had not collected any Bet Tokens! When in reality they had just collected them a little faster then we thought!

Conclusion

We didn't want these players to get left out of the Aevum Circle pieces they won. Since they lost them at different rounds, if there was a round in which we failed to compensate through our normal system retroactively we have compensated those players if they won that round we gave them Aevum Circle pieces that equaled to winnings from that round plus bet on all future winners in the later rounds.

Even with the hiccups we experienced launching this betting on All Star Wars, I still feel it was fun for players.

I would love to hear your thoughts about All Star War Betting!

2. I'm expecting all 666 pieces

3. As one of the affected players, thank you for fixing this.

4. I like it

5. I like it as well. Good job Ata.

6. Thanks for quoting the entire post...

7. Thanks for the fix

8. Why quote the entire op? You 3 look like idiots.

9. Your welcome

10. I won 64 pieces, even got a notification saying I received them. Yet I do not have them, I have no idea what your saying in op but when will I actually get my pieces?

12. u guys sure are messing around abit & on stuff thats useless & wastes our time, i don't even need or use circle pieces so how bout sum compensation for me...10b gold or sum sb's for each piece would b fine as a reward but instead u're pushing ur craptastic premiums, zta is the worst eb out, hands down imo.

13. How do I get the jello off dem boots?

14. Can I get a reply? Yall are confusing the crap out of me

15. Why do you feel the need to quote the entire thing? Your a bunch of asses

As to the Op, thank you for my compensation! :lol: I was beginning to wonder what was happening

16. Wasn't affected by this, wasn't even aware of this. However its great that you're honest about the problem and delivered a quick and fair fix.

Loved the whole betting scheme, and the freebies. Please do something similar (or the same) again!

17. This quoting is starting to get ridiculous

18. freebies ftw! :lol:

Can we bet on EE wars, too? ;)

Charlie could make an interactive thread which rewards active participants?
    "Charlie's Journey"
    Just saying :)