Upcoming Feature: Clan Roles!

Discussion in 'Past Announcements' started by [ATA]Grant, Jan 13, 2016.

1. How stupid is it that Commander ranks cant kick inactives?? Come on devs! Please listen to us! Let Warlord decide how many of each role to pass out!!

2. Bump bump bump

3. Said before & will again. Roles blow, they could have saved a lot of time & effort with this simple change.

1.Dual Owner: Can do everything new roles can do. 2 spots.

2.Senior Admin: Can do everything but asign owner Roles or kick owners. (Can give/take/kick admin). 6 spots.

3. Admin: Can do everything but asign admin/Senior/Owner. Can kick non admin, but not same or higher roles. 12-18 spots.

This allows 25% or better to kick/start ebs/accept/deny entrance. Owner can mute all, Senior can mute all under, admin can mute regular.

4. Agree with BatDog.
    Clan roles are not working as they are now. Devs shud make it simpler and leave clan owners decide which admins they need to have. Why cant door openers also kick and start an eb? The muting function is just a joke anyhow.

5. It allows more control for the owner and the pricing was meant to reduce random clans as well get developers a little pocket change for anyone speeding up their ascent to the 8.3T needed to unlock all the slots.

I like it to be honest. But it'd be nice if all the lower ranks started with at least two or three available.

6. This seems very.... ignorant. The large part community apparently doesn't like the set up, and it makes things weird, slow, and sporadic via roles.

7. bump for the noobs

8. Bump so that ATA_Charlie can address this problem in his next thread

9. Which problem exactly

10. Also I'm sure nobody will see this. But if somebody does make sure to sell me rights to the movie.

So I believe there are too many roles that can't do enough by themselves. And roles with unnecessary abilities.
    My suggestion is to combine a few of the roles. Like so:

Recruiter+chargehand: I think it's dumb to only be able to kick people however fun it may seem to some. why not give recruiter the ability to kick as well and do away with chargehand. And if you accidentally let someone in you can kick them too. Great right?

Knight+Captain: Can they even do anything? Start ebs, change ca/cp. Am I missing anything? That's not a lot. Knight's responsibility is minimal. And it is hardly increased by doing whatever captain does extra.

Armsmaster+commander:commander can start wars. Big whoop. Let more people do it it doesn't harm eb clans and I hope ee clans are disciplined enough to sign up when they need to.

So about prices/slots: up to devs to decide. You can increase the price if you want because of the extra ability. But since we are taking away roles I suggest upping the slots.
    Thank you for your time

11. Agree

12. Wtf how are people mad about this

13. It is still a poor system even with enhanced charge hands.

Please let clan owners decide how many of each role we want. Ty

14. Give us back the control of the clans !

15. This seems like it would be a bad movie, so sold.

16. Fix clan roles you noobs.

17. The dysfunctional clan roles system? Thank you for the bump lol.

Now chargehand should be able to accept applications and kick memebers, but the last time I checked chargehand can't see the door on PC.
    And how is it that the lowest role now has the power to accept and kick but commanders and armsmasters can't?
    Still wonder what was in the devs' blood when they came up with that idea. No one asked for this convoluted system. Batdog' suggestion (Owner, senior admin, admin, etc) was what we all wanted.

18. 1. They likely wanted variety, and not a 1, 2, 3 system where each rank up gets better and better. This way the owner of a clan can pick and choose which actions someone should have.
    If you don't like it, don't play KaW.

2. Since when were Chargehands meant to be able to accept?

3. It was asked for. Thousands of times, often repeatedly by the same people. It's a good update, it makes reasonable sense too even though some tweaking could be nice.
    It's also the developers property to do with as they wish... You don't even own your account. Of course you can disagree with the system, but that weird tantrum you just threw was unnecessary.

19. Support. Really nice update