Does anyone care about osw any more?

Discussion in 'Wars' started by Noobicus_Maximus, Jul 19, 2016.

1. This isnt another reminiscing about the good ol days thread, its just an observation i noticed since returning and a question i wanted to ask.

Remember when osw threads were the most active thing going in forums, there was always a thread on the big osw going down with tons of pages and posts, then several other small osw threads going on between individual clans.

Im just curious as to why everyone lost interest in these. From what i understand there is a huge osw going on right now and its like noone gives a crap. Are there not any smaller ones going on?

Why do yall think the interest in osw died so drastically?

2. Pokémon Go.

3. Because there's nothing to really lose anymore. Trillions could be stripped overnight and they'd be given back the next day from event rewards. There's just too much gold floating around for OSW to be a damaging event anymore. Some clans even seem more intent on farming alts in PvP events and running B2B HTE than actually fighting an OSW.

Plus the "huge OSW" has been ongoing for a long time, it's not as exciting as it was when it started and all the uncertainty was surrounding it. It's like if you had the same piece of news reported to you for a year: eventually you'd stop listening because you knew exactly what was going to be said and what was going to happen.

4. Traditionally a clan would never run epics during serious off system fighting. That made for a definite outcome.

Now days a clan that wasn't running epics during off system would be laughed at.

Unfortunately this means most fights never have a clear winner anymore. No more cease fire threads. No more apologies.

Nothing but the words scrolling across their banners.
    "Do not hire allies osw" lame.

5. Pretty much this. But i disagree about the clear winner, if you take into account ally counts, and how many active accounts are left at the end of the osw compared to how many each side had when it all started, you can definitely come up with a clear winner.

6. I agree to the above but also wish to add that strip mechanics are not the same now as in old osw because there are no "reset bombs"....as far as I am concerned, that was one of the greatest heist around.....bait and trick your opponent to buy an alt, then boom...he is out of money...hahahahahahahaha hahahahahahha. I miss those days as that to me was one of the funniest things in KAW. Wake up one day after you thought you pulled off the ultimate shenanigans only to find out you have nothing of real value.....jokes on you fool.

#bringbackresetbombs

7. Agreed. Reset bombs were a blast! it was the most exciting way to lose sleep around here.

8. What's osw..? Is that a new kind of eb?

9. This

10. All I play for anymore is osw and off system pvp.

11. The will to fight seems to be gone. This game is just about collecting funds from EBs for strips and building pretty pink princess kingdoms.

I tried making an old school clan, but there's too much focus on growth and events. Plus it's so easy just to throw away an alt and start over and be huge in such a short period of time that there's really nothing to fight for unless you're over 100 m CS. And even then, you've gotta keep grinding at all the damn events to keep up, so you dare not take your focus off that to hit targets.

The whole game is so geared around growth and progress that in my opinion, even the social aspect is gone. You join some of these b2b HTE clans and the damn CC goes back for hours.

IDK if there are fewer users or less active users. Maybe they're all playing Pokemon go now. Maybe I'm way off and the game hasn't changed at all. Idk.

All I know is that the game feels like it has lost all the things that attracted me to it in the first place. And I think the devs had a chance to save it with the AMA, but none of the key questions (IMO) have been addressed.

So, I'm thinking about just hanging it up for now because KaW isn't as fun for me today as it used to be when I first started.

And don't even get me started on the damn forum and the lack of mods enforcing the rules. This place has become such a cesspool of trolls and flamers that I don't even care to post here any more, which was like 90% of what held my interest in this game (it had a decent forum).

For Christ sake, if a dev ever reads this, please get an active mod in here to clean out the flamers and trolls. They've successfully killed this forum. I applied, but never got it, so don't say I didn't try.

12. Cheese, you seem a little grated..

13. From what I understand, the ZAFT vs Apoc OSW has been going on so long that people have lost interest, and less inc is being received.

14. This.

And I to applied more than once. I have always said "Put up or shut up" ...so I am with cheese. I tried to bring a solution and not just complaints. I don't feel that he or I am some saving grace. There are many others that have tried as well. None have been selected, all were ignored in public and when they applied. It is not the player base that has caused the downfall of the social empire of KAW. We know who is to blame. They only have themselves to blame, not the players.

And no, I am not going "Postal". I am merely stating what I believe to be truthful opinions.

15. Osw has changed I agree due to the gold you can earn now really only a big strip would hurt anyone. You can burn their pots and they can hit a hte and get them all back again within an hour lol.

16. I'm not sure the people of KaW have changed as much as the game itself has. The game used to be a challenge with the only way to make gold was PvP, quests and Ally Trading. I started my Kawreer as a pacifist and did LLBC and reset just by Ally Trading, back then a 20 k CS took a day to sell at 200 million gold

I then joined a clan (3 billion (faded memory says this was the first price bump) to create your own OMG who had that kind of gold!) Clans introduced a stronger social aspect and even though Pwars were the beginning of kawflation they were both variable and susceptible to derailing.

All too many times the CC would explode screams of Zaft or iG or some other clan pinning the OSF and OAF and perhaps even a few people in clan. Place would either shutdown or people would rally to protect.

Both real system wars and OSW probably peaked at this point

ATA nerfed that with EBs basically turning the game into a tap tap no risk path to gold pursuit.

Events only compound this. Events are the equivalent of safe Pwars. The PvP side is a joke with even the most hardened war clans opting to pin on OSF/OAF to max rewards. Or people drop build to prey on new players who actually have enough spark to PvP but never have a chance so quit soon after.

But back to OSW, OSW is not dead, it has changed and the strategies are different, it's less about strips and more about denying growth or forcing opponents to spend real dollars to rebuild.

As far as forums dying and OSW, most clan families put gag orders on members. If a member does post trash talk, trolls and flames quickly derail and the thread is either locked or deleted. Apparently there may have even been some Mods who used this to remove distasteful posts against their own.

The best thing to have happened to KaW in recent years is the all opted in PVP event, it caused chaos and fear, awesome qualities in a war game.

But people forget that everyone is opted in just by having an account and until such time as ATA makes PvP rewards on par or above EBS and Events this game will continue to become a lame version of medieval FarmVille.

Edited for better numbers...

17. Support.

18. Cheese summed it all up and SkinnyMinny .But what also took the excitement outter it . Was when there was a run of a few months on forums last year .When every osw thread that had a big following and interest got graveyarded without even being that bad .Then the decline began of fun osw threads because why put time and effort into a thread that will mysteriously vanish without a very good reason.

19. Lol, well done sir.

Seriously though, I agree with Cheese. Well put.