Congress Working Hard Or Hardly At All?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by WhatsUp, Jul 16, 2016.

1. Maybe you should be the one researching the topic, congressmen and women only work about 130 days a year. Your average american works 240......ya they kill themselves for that 174k a year. They work about 11 days a month for this income .

Ill give you another fact since you like em so much, that means they make about 1400 dollars a day. Ya they deserve that im sure ......roles eyes

And furthermore the facts i gave about what they make and how many there are are valid so ya, you can diacredit everything i say over one comment if you want, maybe you should do some fact checking.

2. Why don't you include the entire quote so you can see the obvious sarcasm? When did I say that the current congressmen deserve the pay they get? Not once. You should work for FOX or MSNBC you are great at misquoting people and misconstruing statements.

The way to fix this situation of an ineffective congress is to ELECT GOOD PEOPLE TO CONGRESS. It's NOT to cut pay or the amount of representatives. I'm fine with starting with a clean slate and having a open election for all districts and states to get the new representatives that we need.

The problem is people like you are uninformed and repeatedly put the same crooked people back into office, or they solely vote down party lines.

You still have yet to back your argument in any way at all.

3. Lmao and he still calls me uninformed even though ive posted alot more facts than him. And the rest of your post was that they work hard campaigning. I didnt think it was relavant as we dont pay them for campaigning, their salry is for that job in congress, campaign supporters are an entirely different thing.

I agree with alot of what you say though, wiping slate clean and electing better ones is ideal, id love that and it is the better option than mine.

My concern though is how long till the new ones are just as corrupt and lazy as the current? Our whole system is the problem, it needs a purge lol

You said i havnt backed my argument. How much more can i back an argument about them making too much than by posting how much they work and what they make? Lol

4. Oh my god dude that post was obviously satirical. I was making the point that they work hard only to retain their position of power. You clearly don't understand the concept of satire. You have posted the same statistics repeatedly and then admit that my idea is better than yours. I may have been a bit harsh, but anyone who puts a minimal amount of thought into the future implications of implementing your ideas would have would see it's not a viable solution.

5. Sub 10% approval rating and you morons keep reelecting them. Makes total sense

6. It's hard to do your job when the people let minorities rule America. Not talking racial or anything, I mean as in opinions, and groups.

I,e. Roughly about 33% of people didn't approve of LGBT rights prior to last year, yet it seems half the population was against it now.

People will always bandwagon, so why would you expect congress to not do the same?

We complain about all they do not do, yet ignore what they do. I would want a 7 week vacation also. People don't understand the difficulty of running a country(via 3 branches of government and each running a part). I agree they do have issues, but so we always have and always will.