Game Designer - Ask Me Anything (AMA)

Discussion in 'Past Announcements' started by [ATA]Charlie, Jul 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Really nice to see this, it's a step in the right direction when it comes to communicating more with the players! :)

So my first question is about what you'll do to improve the communication with the players in the future (other than this AMA)? Will you be posting on other players' threads, giving feedback on ideas, and interact more with the players in the forums? Will the other ATA accounts be more visible in forums too?

Secondly, I'm wondering about events. Are you planning on doing anything different and try to create more variation in the events? The past events have been pretty much the same, it's just the artwork and the names that have changed. Will this change?

Are you currently planning/working on any all new new content to KaW (apart from events/EBs)?

What are your thoughts when it comes to improving the experience for new players, so they actually continue to play? Are you advertising for the game or trying to get new players to play? How do you think you can make wars more attractive, and make it easier for players to start warring?

When will the 2nd Sveruganti EB be released?

These were the questions I could come up with for now. Looking forward to see the post on Sunday! :)

2. U want my $50???

3. Yay there's an ATA Charlie! Charlie's rule

4. Crystals from quests should be more. 2 or 3 more ebs. Clan perks. More inferno. Most importantly remove players inactive for the 3 years or more. Cheers

5. Why did you change the build stats proportion in Osmani Rai compared to other lands.. now a spy build have more stats & more plunder which change the whole concept of builds and make any build prior to OR kind of useless.. so I would like to know the balance abilities between different kind of builds as u made it?

6. Thanks for reaching out to the kawmunity. It is very much appreciated.

Clan loyalty during events is extremely difficult to maintain for mid sized clans. I've seen some suggestions on this so my suggestion is a regurgitated one: Can you make an event to bolster clan loyalty? Perhaps have clan based items to collect instead of individual items?

Also, can the event item drops be more evened out for attack builds? Hansels get better event item drops vs. Attack builds. Shouldn't the event items be more action based & less based off of build type?

7. I agree

8. I can only echo the clan loyalty questions. Also is there anything planned to make the events more interesting or varied. It seems people are a little burnt out on them and it's hard to recruit for these events.

The community seems to be getting smaller (imo) do you have anything in mind to attract new players to the game?

9. Hi Charlie, please could you look through Killzone's thread: Update Request List. And provide some developer feedback on the ideas raised.

We're aware of the multiple platforms that you're supporting but some of these are simple behind the scenes changes.

For example: Kapitalist's idea for removing the cap on gold when you are hired received a lot of support, is a simple parameter change, has no meaningful downsides in today's environment but would materially benefit new player growth and retention. But seemingly no developer interest?

Also Chao's thread on making available the older, percentage-based equipment that used to be awarded for resets but is now denied to newer players with the removal of that feature.

We say this a lot but it's not fair that incumbent leaderboard players should always have such an advantage. With no way to effectively catch-up where is the incentive for new players to invest time and money in this game when there are so many other products out there?

10. I am very glad to see this thread. A step in the right direction! I hope the questions you decide to answer will be considered carefully before a reply is given.

My questions/concerns are:

1) Will we be seeing more developer interaction?

2) When will there be a change in the copy and pasted events?

3) Is there going to be any PvP updates?

4) What are you guys doing for new player retention?

5) When will be drops be rebalanced properly?

11. Charlie,

Theres always been rumours of future ebs that may hit back on clan. Im interested to know if this may happen in phases and believe it would be a good test on defence stats.
    Players could join ebs at different stages to complete them thereby adding strategy to large ebs. It would open up a new dimension. A pvp against a monster.
    Appreciate your views on this.

12. Why did you bite your brother's finger?

13. I feel like the thread has kind of lost its purpose, since Charlie ain't replying...

14. True

15. I think he will reply tomorrow in a separate thread.

Also is there anything you can do for pvp events in terms of having a more balanced competition. It feels like those who have willing osf to hit do the best.

16. Why can this "not even real" Cheese say "clam" several times in a forum post but I can't name myself JuicyClamDigger?

17. If not able to remove the 15 min regn
    between ebs . Then at least be able to
    Pause Battle Cry and Crux chest's running
    Between the ebs ??

18. Input from an LB player, interesting.

19. This!

20. Charlie be like..

"AMA so I can ignore all of you as per the norm"

That's classic Charlie right there..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.