Anybody tech savvy? Halp

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Kasama, Jul 13, 2016.

1. I need a crash course in tcp/ip for... homework purposes.

What I have currently are what tcp/ip stands for...

As well as the four layers of tcp/ip

Application
    Transport
    Network
    Hardware

Any help will be appreciated.

2. Happy to help mate.......try using this new invention called internet....also they just got a new programme for it called google where apparently people can find out just about anything without having to make pointless threads in an already dying forum.
    Good luck

3. Pretty much correct, except for the Internet part, from what is written it's a closed network.

Which means network is basically the subnet mask and the IP address matching the place in which you are sending the data packets to. If issues do arise there is the tracert function to find where the packets are being lost

4. Ignoring parsfan and their negative perspective...

I have full right to make a thread even in this "dying forum".

This is located in off-topic therefore breaks no rules.

I am currently using KaW to procrastinate so I will combine my two tasks...

KaW and studying into one for this moment, in hopes the knowledge I gain sticks instead of losing more sleep by pulling an all-nighter and potentially forgetting all that I've learned.

'ppreciate it, all.

Edit:And perhaps the viewer may also learn something about everyday 'items' they use (that's right you, EVERYONE that has an internet connection uses tcp/ip) or atleast I think they do o.o

5. If you type in load "whatever you like",8,1 it will load from the c64 disk drive, otherwise just leave the ,8,1 part off for loading from the c64 tape player.

6. Rofl 

Don't forget to load Turbo first though.

7. Just a thing on the Transport part:
    The data is split into packets and those will get a header with info like dest/source IP address before being sent.

I guess "port number " was a typo as the port number will be an id number on which a certain application will listen on a given IP address. It's a bit like a door number at a certain building address and permits to route application specific traffic towards its destination (application).

Like typically your Internet (browser-html) traffic will be on a different port number than your ftp download traffic while being on the same computer (same IP address).

This is of course extremely simplified...

Back in my IBM days, I remember watching a Nokia YouTube video explaining IP traffic, try googling it.

8. When you misspell dying 

9. Talk about the OSI layers?

10. Yeh exactly go on google and search what you're looking for.

11. Application = your moderator application
    Transport = transporting your gold to snoopy
    Network = what server the great apes have you on
    Hardware = what probably needs to be updated

12. Their are 7 layers to the tcp/ip layer model not 4

And now that I look at it again some of yours aren't event in it they are

7 application layer
    6 presentation layer
    5 session layer
    4 transport layer
    3 network layer
    2 data layer
    1 physical layer

13. ^Pretty sure those are osi layers, amigo.

14. I'm not gonna spend 20 mins trying to write an essay for some guy on a game forum. Use the internet or look on youtube

15. And press play... Go get a soda, order a pizza and then maybe done loading

On the 1541 Floppy drive depending on the self executing code, the auto run after load fails and one must type "run"

16. Less essay and more basic information...
    Enough to impress someone, specifically.

But anyways, all this information will be used today therefore...

/lick

17. Lol using kaw forums to do ur homework, priceless. Make sure to cite ur sources ;)

18. Everybody knew a guy down the road that pirated games. About 5 to a disk from a massive list for $10 a disk.

Archon
    Forbidden forest
    Impossible mission
    Paradroid
    Maniac mansion
    Ultima
    Hyper olympics
    Barbarian
    International karate

The list is endless ...

19. What about Tetris?

20. Didn't exist yet on C64...

Pacman
    Frogger
    Wolfenstein
    Summer Games
    Winter Games

Damn, my wife trashed my C64 along with the tape collection when we last moved 