✯Who's the Greatest Rapper in the World?✯

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Scrapster, May 31, 2016.

1. Really? Because that's the exact opposite of rap history. For example, Eminem dropped 3 classic albums and then he released Encore, encore wasn't as good as the previous 3 and nobody tried to claim it was and that album had more hype than TPAB. If anything TPAB will get rated higher in future, again let's use the encore example and quote some lyrics from relapse.

Every CD critics gave it a 3, then 3
    Years later, they'd go back and re-rate it
    And call the Slim Shady LP the greatest
    The Marshall Mathers was a classic
    The Eminem Show was fantastic
    But Encore just didn't have the caliber to match it
    I guess enough time just ain't passed, yet
    A couple more years, that ***'ll be illmatic

2. Your looking at it too simplistically and your just trying to rationalize your way into winning an argument that you've already lost.

Artists albums don't have to be progressively better in chronological order that's just obtuse

You can make a good album than a bad then a good one again

...like I said HYPE and ANTICIPATION have a lot in how humans will perceive something. We are the only species that does this. We often deny our instincts for what we think is "correct and higher" thought people often rationalize themselves into thinking that what isn't true is true. We fool ourselves all the time.

Just like Kendrick was overhyped I'll admit that Eminem was "under hyped" ie: "oh look another vanilla ice" (and that's what they were saying when he came out)

...Eminem's music is "catchy" to me rhythm/beats do subconsciously appeal to me, but lyrically I just think he's an idiot lol

I'm not saying he doesn't have flow I'm saying the context or message of his lyrics is crap

And for me that kills any primal (subconscious) appeal I have for him

iPhone

3. Yes before SSLP Eminem was under hyped, but after that every album had way more hype than what TPAB had. He was now the biggest thing rap had ever seen, yet the hype around encore did not make people think it was as good as the previous albums so why would it make people think TPAB was better?

Personally I'm not a big Kendrick fan but I respect the skills he has, the same way I respect Jay-Z even tho I don't enjoy much of his music. I view TPAB as a top 25 rap album of all time and in a decade or two it will be remembered as one of the greatest rap albums ever.

4. I can no longer fool myself, for me to consider music good it has to be "well balanced" (as mentioned earlier in thread)

1. Has to be some kind of rhythm (not contrived or overreaching)

2.gotta have a good beat (good math nothing so expirimental that it just sounds like noise)

3. And lyrical content has to appeal to me on some level

...it's rare that I come across a song nowadays that I actually like that has all 3 of these elements. I've just grown beyond bad music.

"There are 2 types of music in the world ...good and bad" -Ray Charles

Sorry but I consciously decide to like/appreciate good music

iPhone

5. Do you REALLY know how the commercial music industry actually works? ...the marketing, the outright stifling of some bands/artists because of bad money deals? ...payola???

I mentioned satellite before ...satellite radio has destroyed pop music as we know it. There used to be really good pop music out there (different times and different genres) There really are no good pop bands now ...it's all targeted to the very young who are just too stupid to know better hence the popularity of One Direction and Bieber and other ass clowns.

Remember the days when Metallica, Guns and Roses and such were "pop" music? ...Prince, Bowie, M.J. ??? Say what you will but those acts had ACTUAL MUSIC ability and talent

Why do you think Eminem jumped east coast and went to Dre in the 1st place? Outsidaz, Pace, Zee are down to earth guys from the street great rappers but obviously bad at creating a "brand" and the hype/anticipation that goes along with that brand

Eminem wanted to be rich and as good as Pace/Zee and rest of Outsidaz were they just couldn't do it for him ...that's where the beef between the two arose. Pace and Zee felt like they gave Eminem his break (and they freaking did) all Pace and Zee wanted was for Eminem to help them out and let them make some of the cheese Eminem was making but Eminem straight dissed them ...why? Who knows really lol and what does anyone care now lol. In the long run I'm glad Pace and Zee weren't able to sellout like Eminem (they wanted to and they tried lol)

...because of this they stayed real and their music stayed real (thanks for that slimshady)

iPhone

6. Selling out = people actually buying your music? Any successful rapper is automatically a sellout?

7. ...there you go trying to simplify what I say to validate your own point. It's obvious that your music knowledge isn't as good as mine and your just now fishing, but keep trying to convince everyone. I'm sure theres one or two takers out there lol

iPhone

8. I'm not saying Kendrick is a faker or will never produce good music. It seems he had the intention of making an "elevated album" but just couldn't bring all the essential elements together ...someone said it earlier not every album should or can be great some artists go back n forth with the good and the bad ...

...Pace Won has had his ups and downs he's followed up some genius material with some absolute crap but in the long run he always redeems himself (so far anyways)

Kendrick just doesn't have that track record yet ...after 4,5 ....10 albums we'll be able to judge his legacy and impact more accurately. For me longevity and sustainability go far in judging a musician true talent.

Kendrick just hasn't shown me that he can maintain his present adoration/validation ..if he starts making good music he'll be solid and I'll change my mind but as of now to say he's the greatest rapper out there at the moment is just

...well lol

iPhone

9. I'll just list rappers I know of... Eminem, Lecrae, J.Cole, Logic, Kid Ink, Scarface, Futuristic, Lecrae, Kendrick Lamar, Lil Boosie, Rakim, Too Short, Speaker knockerz, Outlawz, Tupac, Biggie, Mos Def, Talib Kweli, Schoolboy Q, King Los, Royce Da 5'9, B.O.B., Scarface, Murs, Curren$y,Lupe Fiasco,Pusha T, Action Bronson, Lil Ricky, K Camp, Big Sean, Kevin Gates, Bryson Tiller, Z-Ro, Common, Immortal Technique, MIMS, Paul Wall, Fat Joe, Lil Wayne, Drake, Flatbush Zombies, The Underachievers, G-Eazy, Krispy Kreme,French Montana, Kanye, Jay Z, Dr. Dre, Nas, Lil Rob, Cypress Hill, Beastie Boys, Tech N9ne, Joey Badass, Joe Hidden, Crooked I, Hopsin, Pharoae Monch, Post Malone, and I think that's about it 

10. Lmao.

11. Hi.

12. Hi and hi

13. They sound like great rappers.

14. #Support lol

15. Boris Johnson

16. I just wanna say Joe Budden ethered drake.

17. Probably me

18. just me thinking logic 100% for everything

19. Best rapper atm for me is g-eazy

Best group for me easily N.W.A or Beastie Boys