Next Mod/VK discussion

Discussion in 'Other KaW Discussion' started by Kezzer, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Kezzer for mod .He highly deserves it , he works so hard on kaw to help us all.

2. Ashes / chocolate23

4. Kezzer would be a great mod. 

5. Once I imagined a mods wouldn't ever be trolls.

Then I saw Eagle and knew I was right.

#InB4Eagle

6. Troll mods are the best mods

7. We don't need any more moderators and the Developers have put ata_grant in a position to fail as the community manger of Kaw and most likely their other games.

Other than horrible responses to the community, one of the failures of the community team is how they handle their moderators. They have a weak system that allows the good ole boy system of picking and choosing who gets punished. All of which could be over ridden of all of the mods didn't fall into the same three alliances in this game. But it is a buddy system with few exceptions. Worse of all, there are no precedents and they are advertised as "judgment calls." It is a fail body of work and adding more moderators will not fix the issue. Yes, I know there are a lot of green boys and girls and most of them are hardly ever active, but I see no reason to get more. The few who are active is all we need in this game to make judgment calls. Not faulting them (well I am but not fully) I fault the system.

The VK's are just a failed experiment. The list is never up dated and it is bias towards brown noisers and friends of the Moderators with 1 exception. All of them have earned it though, though there are many who do not have the blue name that have earned that right years ago. (AshesOfEden and Fallout being prime examples) Note: Fallout either changed her name or quit.

Until Ashes gets a VK the entire order has zero credibility. It's that simple, the man has been a positive player in this game from day one and is a damn good player at that. From his grand forum post to his personality in game and on WC.

In Short, the Devs have failed and they have spread Grant so thin that his work as the community manager and voice between the players and the devs has been a monstrous failure.

8. Personally I think we need a new batch of mods because currently the mods we have are spread so thin. The issue is that there are some outlying issues within the community which get brought into the mod team from time to time as after all they are players too. I wish mods could just forget their alliances and personal agenders but honestly not everyone can do that too easily especially when you are in osw where you build up grudges against certain groups of players. If issues within the mod team can be reduced then honestly you have to admin that getting a team of dedicated players to moderate the game is a highly efficient, effective and cost friendly way of looking after your game.

In regards to vk it's kind of an area most people don't know about in full depth because it's a fairly untouched area. The rank itself is rare with there being very few holding the rank but also there are very few vk who are highly active and visible within the community. There are a couple who get themselves out there but there is a still a huge lack of presence. I don't think it's a failed area of I just think it's an area that could use some more attention. I do agree ashes deserves vk however he has said it himself that it would be highly unlikely due to his love of the female anatomy and how open he is with it ;)

Also in regards to the community manager bit, I think it's fair to say that the community does need better interaction on some points especially when the community gives feedback on topics and is ignored or ask questions and find themselves left in the dark. I understand some questions currently don't have an answer however I think that needs to be communicated instead of ignored. I have seen several occasions where posts were ignored only to be followed up with the devs to respond to some random comment with a post that is either humorous or a gif. I like the devs having that kind of interaction but it shouldn't come before the more serious stuff.

I know that last bit was off topic from the thread but I felt like I should weigh in on it. Thanks for contributing to the thread everyone because unless players post their honest feedback how can we expect changes that reflect what needs to change.

9. Why the hell would anyone wanna be a mod?

10. They may want to help out the community or something along those lines. :)

11. Nobody who is in forums daily should ever be a mod. Why would you want forum trolls policing the game? Its so terrible of an idea. Go back through forums you see the same 5-6 noob accounts talking smack and nominating the other 5-6 fools for mod and the dumbest role of all Vk. Its no wonder this game is full of osw (people stealing other players investment in the game out of hatred) everyone hates everyone. Even the devs hate the players ...its quite comical why else would they let people invest thousands in their game for it to all be taken in what 20 min if someone really wanted to try hard (harb) .... Other apps protect a players investment this game is a free for all with players policing it....honestly i cant think of any other apps that have players as moderators (non ata junk games). So yeah keep nominating the usual for fools ....actually this game would be better of forums was deleted permanently.

12. TODD VK 2016

13. They let Swabia become VK and he is the only credible member of the bunch because he isn't a boot licker. Again, all of the blue boys earned it, but none of them earned it as much as Ashes has that are still moderatly active.

If Ashes is denied because of his post of woman in bikinis than shame on the devs for not allowing some controversy. His post are not creepy, they are comedic, and until the devs can look past that than the VK is completly meaningless. It is a complete failure and there hasn't been an adition in over a year and worse than that, the title was suppost to be taken away if the member stopped behaving like a VK and that has not happened and many players, Like Wulf, have hardly been active and have long stopped acting like a VK. Nothing against Wulf, but he is the most popular name who is a VK, who bo longer interacts publically and is hardly ever active.

All of the moderators need to be demoted and a new, fresh, batch needs to come in. They have held to their title for too long and most of them are inactive. Time to get some fresh blood in there.

14. Why do people even care so much about a title in a game that earns you nothing? You gonna put it on your CV/resume? Lol

15. Its just a recognosion for contributions to the community. If we didn't have these things, this game would become pimd and im sure many people here don't want that.

16. It's been on mine for over a year, the interest it's gets you by agencies is unreal!
    Get a headhunter ringing me almost daily because they know just how important it is!

17. TODD VK 2016

...so I can add it to my LinkedIn profile

iPhone

18. @ filthy - I can confirm that Wulf isn't a VK and has had that removed for some months now.

I don't disagree with many of your points. I think the VK title needs to be looked at as a current positive force. It would keep players on their toes to keep them being the positive role models that they are. Plus then allow some fresh blood in regularly to show that the devs are listening.

Whether we need an complete overhaul of moderators isn't something I necessarily agree with but we do certainly need more of them!

I am one of ashes' biggest advocates. I don't think there is any reason why he shouldn't be VK. He isn't insulting and simply makes forums and Kingdoms At War a better place. An ideal member to the blue club IMO

19. OK Ok I'll be a mod to rival Benny ☠

20. I would be a pretty good mod. But only if they changed the silencing system because right now it doesn't do anything