Australian Federal Elections

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by OZ-Ironside, Jul 2, 2016.

1. Hi forumer's, it's prolly abit late in the day but i'd just like to encourage those who must vote still to put both Labour & Liberal last on their ballots. Since i can remember i've heard Australians complain & seen them show dispair at our 2-party system...please, for the sake of the future, let's show these monopolising, media popularised fools what we actually think of them rather than putting one or the other down because one of them always wins. Your vote may not count much but that doesn't mean it has to count for them.

2. So how many votes do you get if you're allowed to put parties at the bottom? Or was that just a fancy way of saying don't vote for labour or the libs?

Man oh man elections are so interesting and exciting at the same time... Referendums though, that's what it's all about right there... Being able to vote for real change..

Isn't Quebec due for another referendum?

3. We have to number 1 ballot with 1-9 & the other one for the senate is either numbered 1-6 above the line or 1-12 under. So on the first ballot (the green ballot) i'd prefer folks to put labour & lib's @ 8 or 9 & leave them off the 2nd ballot (the white ballot) all together :)

4. I like when KaWers try to talk politics.

It's like religion or threads revolving around current news events.

It's funny to me.

5. It's like being Miles Davis..

6. lol true kasama, it's prolly not achieving much but if i can change a few votes here n there atleast its sumtin lol

7. Who voted sex and marijuana party?

EDIT: Really developers? I'm all for shielding kids from bad words on here but is s.ex really such a scary word?

8. I voted for Donald Trump :) ..... Seriously though, voting for a minor party is pointless as you vote will go either Liberals or Labor anyway (through preferences). At least if you vote for one of the major parties you can decide whether to vote for bad or worse.
    The entire system is broken anyway, until politicians are legally bound to speak the truth then it's just a waste of time. The fact that they can get on television and spin BS is just a mockery. Personally, if I wasn't threatened with fines etc, I wouldn't vote at all!!!

9. I hope one nation gets voted in. They told me to vote for them and they will help immigrants like myself.

10. Not entirely pointless as i see it... in order to get the swing votes on their side in a federal election this tight, labour or liberal are going to have to make concessions to certain kingmakers. the more 3rd party seats we put in the harder it for labour or the libs to simply monopolise & ignore the policies 3rd-parties create.

Edit...Labour & the Lib's both ran a scare campaign against voting 3rd-parties suggesting its chaos at work. This was due to their fear of losing the monopoly & the annoyance due to less majority votes in parliament slowing down processes but with the processes of the majority of lib & labour decisions it really can't be alot worse. We should see some small differences made to policy from it tho, as we saw with the labour/greens alliance (which did not pan out so well considering the public didn't realise how much money you had to spend to go green in the first place) but it shows a 3rd party can have a huge impact on policy.

11. Woo hung parliament!

12. I wish it was as easy as just leaving them off but in reality you are much better off voting for the better of two evils. Labor is considerably better in almost every aspect unless you're a millionaire though. Bloody liberals have won anyway but.

13. Problem is, we elect government to govern, however with too any independents we make it harder for them to do so .... Instead of moving forward with good policy (or bad, it's never always good) they need to negotiate their way through. It's almost like holding a governments at ransom. I'm all for an independent governing, but only if they win the majority of votes, not "back seat" governing

14. imo it may seem good to have a smooth flowing parliament but if it leaves a monopoly for 2 victors who have only shown time & time again their party's abilities to bs the public 99% of the time & win based on slander campaigns, misconceptions & long standing tradition, we have to as a society reach a point when we say no to both evils even if it doesn't achieve anything but send a message of the people's dissaproval of a faulty system.

15. Sounds like fundamentally we both have the same opinion, tired of the bs and lies!!

16. Progress is a great thing but so is stability, the stability that comes from a nation who could actually trust it's government is worth sacrificing a little for i think & if the people could trust their government one day it would allow for a faster means of process than ever before. That being said unless we strap a go pro to politicians 24/7 i highly doubt they'll gain ppl's full trust anytime soon.

17. haha yeah def

18. Australia is so irrelevant

19. Thx for the relevant comment XD