The EU - a dangerous experiment?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Mr-Nemo, Jun 29, 2016.

1. @Mr-Nemo what you said about EU is absolutely true. But it's true for any parliamentary system. People vote for individual MPs or a party list, depend on the country, MPs vote for a prime minister and the prime minister is appointing the rest of ministers. From that point the true power is in government hands. Same as European Union parliament, all national parliaments have only legislative power while the government have the executive power and therefore the real power.

2. Even know...the new prime minister of UK government is just a tory internal affair. They are going to chose the new prime minister. Do you have any saying on the matter? No! But this is how democracy works. You vote for your MP. When you vote for him you hand him the mandate to vote for the prime minister. When the prime minister is voted by parliament, the parliament is handing the executive powers to him and the mandate to appoint his cabinet members.

3. If u want to use the abbreviation "EU" give the name of if the first time and but the abbreviation next to it and call it EU throughout 

Also, if I knew how to post memes I would post a funny one that says " America went through the greatest Brexit" and has a picture of Washington and his men sailing across the Delaware I believe ☺️

4. In reply to Mr Soup, if someone is unaware of what EU stands for, then this is not the thread for them. I see no issue with my immediate use of abbrievation to refer to one of the largest governing bodies in the world, it should be quite common knowledge I would expect.

In reply to Vladimir, I would say however that the argument against EU leadrship stands out significantly due to the fact that, under Juncker's prime minister term of Luxembourg, the state became a tax avoidance haven due to his intervention - an absolute paradise for an elite group. And now this man is put in charge of the EU himself? This crook with questionable sobriety, in one of the most powerful positions in the world? "Don't let the fox guard the henhouse," to quote a one Mr Farage. Do you not find it wrong that a man who created a culture of corporate tax avoidance in his country has been charged with leading the line for the EU against tax evasion? That a man who has granted quite hefty EU grants to a pet town project called Belval, who has borrowed from his European "friends" to pay for his favourite bottle of whiskey and spent gregarious amounts of money on a a number of lavish private jets, which is completely unecessary, should be President of the EU? I am disgusted by this personally.

5. Get over it lefties you lost and the fascists won! WE WON!!

6. Leaving was such a great idea that even Boris doesn't want to be new pm
    -_-

7. @Mr-Nemo Juncker didn't pointed himself as a head of EU. The MEPs we sent in EU parliament had this amazing idea (not) that Juncker is the best for the job. Why he was the only name on the balot paper? As I said...at national level works the same way. The group of MP who held the majority in the parliament chose a prime minister and inform the head of state, be it a queen/king or president, about their choice. The head of state can ask them to come with another name. If that majority inform the head of state that they will vote for that individual and no one else, the head of state will obey and will nominate that individual. There's only few countries where the one the one how hold the executive power is chosed via an electoral process. And as a particular exemple, again UK. Cameron resigned. The parliament will get a balot paper with more names on it? Not at all. The tories will decide who is going to be Cameron's succesor and only his name will be on balot paper.

Again, Juncker is an idiot. And he is still in charge because the MEPs we chosed keep letting him to be in charge. OUR MEPs have all the power to replace him. And I think will happen very soon... Past few days he managed to piss off both eurosceptics and europhiles. That's quite an achievement lol.

8. Brittish politics is a shambles right now smh wish us scot's had voted out now :p

9. Difference between uk - Scotland and Scotland's economy... Scotland relies on oil prices and subsidies from rUK low oil price, low money.

However, sturgeon seems to be the only politician in Europe that has a clue what she's doing ATM. It's a shame she wants to break the UK up tbh, she would make one hell of a good PM.

10. Where do people get this rubbish that we regret voting to leave now we have? I certainly don't and no one I know does either.

11. Fairly well know news reports and the recanting of several prominent leave voters such as Kelvin Mackenzie