Will the UK stay in the EU?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Nathan_WINNING, Jun 25, 2016.

1. The real question is: Will the UK still exist in the near future?

2. Proud of have voted OUT, can't wait to get our country back.

3. Lol people knew of these results when they voted out if they didn't they are idiots.

4. The parliament must discuss the petition regardless. And same parliament have the legal right to ignore the referendum result.

5. Are you ready to take your borders too?

6. Back? From who?

7. From France shores. Together with the Calais jungle as a bonus.

8. LETS FARM EVERYONE

9. Yes they must discuss the petition.
    It is not based on legal criteria. Job done. End of discussion.
    Next topic. Should cover it.

Start a legal one based in the lack of stability and the failing to secure a proper exit plan prior to holding a referendum and it has a better discussion value.

And to add to the single market aspect.

Bbc website.
    HSBC states that 1000 jobs will move to Paris if we leave the single market.
    Which is part of leaving ( unless we want to accept all EU rules still in which case why leave )
    And Morgan Stanley will move 2000 jobs to either Dublin or Frankfurt

2 days and 3000 jobs going already. Good start.

10. Or make a petition for a referendum to...rejoin EU =))

11. All the fears that the remain campaign had behind it have pretty much all failed to be true from what I have seen. The only issue I see right now is that the power of the GBP is down a bit and not even by a whole lot. It has started recovering already and will probably need another month or 2 before it's at it's regular strength again. It's not my choice on whether the UK stays in the EU or not but I think that for now while the UK is out they should test the waters. If things go well the out voters can gloat at the remain voters. If all doesn't go well at least they tried.

12. Hey neighbor! I'm sorry that you lost your job. But hey! At least I tried xxx

13. Now on a serious note... The effects are neglectable? FTS had £120bil lost in one day. That's UK's net contribution to EU for 12 years. Bank of England estimate up to £250bil will be needed to keep the markets calm. That's the UK's net contribution for 25 years.

And if everything is so cool and dandy I'm wondering how come people wasn't celebrating on the streets the Independence Day? I'm wondering how come people are not waving their Union Jack flags on the streets? I'm wondering why the leave campaign leaders are MIA? I'm wondering why nobody is pushing to enforce Art. 50? After all you got what you want why wait? Why wait, I know actually. Because they have absolutely no idea what to do next. They got an unusable victory. Every day of delay hurts EU. But every day of delay hurts UK ten times more. No serious investor will put his money in UK as long he can't make long term plans.

If everything is cool and dandy how come the British society is divided more than ever? Scotland and Northern Irland vs. England, London vs. North, youngsters vs. elders? Talks about another Scotland referendum and, more dangerous, talks about Northern Ireland's unify with Ireland. In Northern Ireland, the talks about this issue are enough to start another civil war after UK had so many costs to bring peace in the area. But hey...it's all cool and dandy in the Divided Kingdom.

14. This is what worries me. After centuries of struggle, fighting and death the British had finally answered the "Irish question" but now all that work is at risk of being undone. Northern Ireland is at risk of the troubles being restarted and on a much larger scale than it was in the mid-late 1900's. It will be a war zone as bad as Iraq.

15. The financial services sector contribute more than manufacturing sector to UK GDP. Now in order for a financial institutions to be able to provide financial services in EU must be based in an common market country. So there's two options:
    1. HSBC i.e will chose to quit their operations in EU and stay in London because they love the weather.
    2.UK remain part of common market and keep their financial services industry intact. For that they must contribute to EU budget same as Norway and Switzerland do, without having a rebate. To be part of common market you need a trade agreement with EU, agreement that must approved by ALL EU members. Now what do you think the Eastern European countries will want in exchange? That's right...free movement.

So..long story short. You lose financial sector or you keep paying to EU budget and keep accepting EU immigrants but you lost your seat at decision table. So what's exactly the reason to leave?

16. England is going to suffer a hard year but will recover and prosper more for leaving I believe. When the biggest pusher for the EU to stay intact is Goldman Sachs it should make you wonder. I laugh that countries actually threatened them to try to keep them in. It shows their fear of what them leaving will actually do to the EU.who really has more to lose and more to gain in this vote. My opinion is Britain has more to gain while the EU has more to lose. Just my opinion.

17. Threatened them to keep them in? Contrary... They was asked to leave as fast as possible. It's obvious that you don't know many facts on the subject yet you know that next year UK will be prosperous again...well The "leave" campaign estimated that 5-10 years will be needed to recover. Try to contact BoJo and give him the "How to recover in one year after brexit for dummies" quide.

18. They tried to threaten the UK continuously throughout the campaign. Maybe it is obvious that it is you who does not know many facts about the subject if you didn't know that.

19. Threatened? How? If someone is telling you that if you are going to jump head first in ice cold water you are going to get a cold that is warning not a threat.