✯The EU Referendum✯

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Scrapster, Jun 6, 2016.

1. For your personal issue the only one to blame is your local council. Local councils have the freedom to set their own point system regarding social housing. EU has nothing to do with it.

2. The Welsh and English have a delusion that immigrants take jobs from them where as if most of the unemployed down there actually got up and looked for a job and stopped scrounging benefits because there are a lot of jobs out there they wouldn't be blaming the immigrants who happen not to be lazy and are hard workers. That basically sums up brexits campaign

3. Eu spokesman said they wanted to get the Brexit done with as quickly as possible to avoid it getting messy and causing divisions so I doubt they will be on "their knees" begging for a better deal
    And if they did, it would show the EU as weak to its members and that would make it a less valuable organisation to be part of
    So stop hoping ppl

4. Immigrants take jobs my ass lol. The "Leave" campaign was most successful among the +65 population. What jobs do they lose in favour of immigrants? They are pensioners already. The youngster, those who hypothetically can lose a job in favour of an immigrant voted "en masse" for "Remain".

5. Mistake? I'd call this a lie.

6. Yes. Love this. Looks like 4chan is still kicking.

7. Just Been To Morrisons And The Cashier Asked The Foreign Couple In Front If They Wanted Help Packing There Bags I Thought Dam This Is Happening Quicker Than I Expected..:-/

8. That cashier probably is one of those who voted without actually having an idea about she is voting for. Probably she was thinking that if she is going to vote for "leave" all immigrants will be deported from UK. Well...Leave campaign never mentioned such thing.

9. Or maybe the cashier was talking about their shopping bags and you didn't catch onto that?

10. Pity she didn't pack uppercase

11. Welsh really is proof that our schools need more funding.

12. Lol if you look at the graph of ppl who voted in/out;
    Out - uneducated, majority of >50
    In - educated, 18 - 50 (and immigrants)
    Wonder what Cameron was thinking -_-

13. I would love to see where you get that information.

I voted out, I have 2 degrees and I'm 29..

14. Thanks for the job losses in my company, cheers.

15. The telegraph just Google it and the article should show up
    And yh 18-24, 68% voted in
    Ppl were more likely to vote remain if they had a uni degree
    Ppl were more likely to vote out if their highest qualification was a gcse or equivalent
    FYI Nigel Farage didn't go to uni... how interesting

16. It's just for 10 years. Nothing to worry about.

17. Quite like your reasoning, someone is being very realistic there.

Your problem in the UK is that your future has been decided by an age group (65+) that basically has no sense for the future but just lingers in the past, in folie de grandeur sights, British Empire nostalgia. Those people have zero insight on the economic implications of their vote but just got blinded by sweet talk of some nationalists...

Blaming your own misery on immigrants while your unemployment rates are the lowest in Europe is just plain ridiculous.

As for hoping you'd get a better deal now from the EU, forget it. The UK got a lot more of concessions from the EU those past few years than Norway or Switzerland who aren't part of the EU, but have extreme tight regulations to comply to for their trade deals with the EU.

Interestingly we fear increasing housing costs in our country due to financial sector employee moves from London...
    I even have a few british friends over here who are filing for luxembourgish nationality to ease their life over here (or even to save their employment).

The political (or mostly the administrative) construct of the EU might be a monster and no reasonable person would be happy with the totality of it.
    But jeopardizing your future generations on just a gut feeling that everything will be better in ten years is just plainly irresponsible.

I not only foresee tensions between geographies in the UK, but also between generations. Have a look at the age distribution of the leave (or stay) voters...

Winston Churchill who was a convinced European would certainly be proud of that outcome.