Scotland to seek independence?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Filthy_Maggot, Jun 24, 2016.

1. You are dumb

2. Those Welsh polar bears are terrifying.

3. At least you understand

4. We all understand....doesnt change tbe fact that your attempt at humor while a country falls apart failed miserably

5. You obviously don't know who Saltyfeet is then...

6. The issue of eu membership was something of an important issue in the recent Scottish independence referendum.
    I was strongly for the survival of the union and keeping the kingdom united, I believed then and now we were better together then.
    However this result has changed that, I wanted scotland to stay with us in the eu and now England and Wales have chosen to walk away mostly the older generations choosing that too.

As for the the future I don't know or believe that remaining in the union will be the best thing for Scotland let them find their own place in a wider world they'll be missed if they go.

The English and welsh choose to leave the EU, let the scots make their choice if they want to be part of the old union or the wider European Union.

However I am under illusions, we were better together. We were better as part of a bigger union with our neighbours and friends, I don't feel as connected to my homeland as I did 48hrs ago I can't accept that people choose to disregard the facts they choose the illusions of the big lies repeatedly so often they got mistaken for truths.
    There will be no extra exit cash, the eu will not give us a great deal, and they've got no idea how to solve migration issues so well done you screwed us all.

7. You obviously don't know who Saltyfeet is then...[/quote]

I do ...a forum idiot like yourself

8. I do ...a forum idiot like yourself[/quote]
    Beeef, and honestly like chill bud. Like take this a notch down. Tis just a game

9. If a country qualify or not to be part of EU is more a politically issue. Romania and Bulgaria was far of being ready to join EU and we (romanians) and bulgarians had huge costs after joining EU. My bet is that Scotland will be accepted blazing fast be it to send a "english people wanted out because they are silly, but scots are smart and they see how awesome EU is" message to the rest of EU countries.

10. I find it a horrible state that the EU would decline anyone given it's original meaning.

11. I think Scotland will now leave the UK. During the last referendum scaremongering said they couldn't join the EU easily if they left the UK but now as the UK has left the EU that will change things.

12. Your comments are outdated. That was said back in 2014 when those in Europe wanted the UK to remain together not break up

Now that the UK has left the EU they'd love a prosperous country like Scotland with a population of 5m to join. The writing is on the wall. Deal with it

13. "Prosperous" 

14. Does the EU have the "population must regularly eat a variety fresh vegetables" joining requirement ?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

If so, I believe, Scotland will be hard pressed to pass and therefore, tbe admitted. Takeaway chips, garlic naan, purple can jakey life support juice and street vendor haggis cannae save them fae the stigma of rejection fae smaller countries that oonderstand the benefits of robust colon health.
    "One mans feast is another mans famine" husnae rung moor troo as on the auld sod of "kill it 'n fry it". That which would kill a large flock of camels makes a Scot thrive.

FYI, Scots have single-handedly hunted the wild highland haggis almost to extinction. The average haggii are more swift than the cheeta.

...tough lot ah ken...

Comments?

15. 1. Scotland is NOT prosperous, it generally relies on money from the rest of the U.K., and Oil prices (which as you should know fluctuate hugely)

2. The EU does NOT want to set a precedent that apart of a country may become independant in the event of said country choosing to leave the EU. (Spain & Catalan(?) etc) and then skipping all the process of joining by taking the uk's place.

3. Scotland would HAVE to adopt the Euro.

4. It would come down to in the end, do the scots want the uk or the eu?

16. No, they said its "highly likely", that is not a definite.

The royal family would still be the heads of state, just as they are in NZ and Canada etc

17. Scotland's First Minister Nicola Sturgeon says the Scottish government will immediately engage in talks with the EU to protect Scotland’s position in the bloc. She said steps were being taken regarding a possible second independence referendum.
    "A second (Scottish) independence referendum is clearly an option that requires to be on the table, and it is very much on the table," she said, speaking outside Bute House in Edinburgh.

18. I just...i dont even know what i just read

19. Thanks for elaborating on what I said.