✯The EU Referendum✯

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Scrapster, Jun 6, 2016.

1. All we can do is hope for the best, although from what I've seen, the British have a tendency to be skeptical
    Hope UK debt doesn't increase too much
    Hope UK doesn't lose too many trade partners
    Hope NHS doesn't get privatised cuz that money we spent on EU sure isn't going to go to the NHS, farage said so on good morning Britain + he had no authority on the matter in the first place
    Let's just wait for the positives

2. What kind of dumb logic are you using to make the argument that refugees are bad for the economy? It's free working-age people that can pay taxes.

On average they start more businesses and send their children to university at higher rates than other people do. That's actually good for an economy

3. Fair enough. Let's see how it looks in 10 years though shall we? :)

4. Scotland is planning a second referendum
    Wouldn't be surprised if northern Ireland left too tbh
    So it could just be England and Wales in 10 years time  XD

5. I wouldn't be surprised if Wales want independence too despite wanting to leave the EU. If they want sovereignty away from EU then surely they'll want it from England too and not some small devolved powers.

6. The biggest issue is the see what's it's like in ten years.
    That helps no one now.
    Not one deal on the table.
    A collapsed sterling.
    Companies in panic and investment halted.
    New recession on the way in.
    From fifth largest economy to sixth in one morning and we haven't even started to see the job losses yet.
    Madness. Going to be a rough ride.
    And don't expect favourable deals from euro zone. They want the car manufacturing there. Not here.
    They want the jobs and money in the EU zone.
    They won't give us an easy deal. They have no reason to.
    If they are lenient to us. Then other nations will demand referendums.
    So uncertainty, poverty for many. Poorer nation with less revenue. Higher food and petrol costs due to the weakened pound.

So if you are going to spend at the shops now. Buy British. We just messed up our economy.
    So do something to help it and make sure as much of what you buy supports British jobs and pays taxes in Britain

7. I personally believe our biggest mistake was giving back all the land we fought for years ago, we'd be the economy if we'd kept all the land we conquered... time to tell the Scots, Irish and Welsh that they have no say because the land is ours. When they're prepared to fight to take it back they can claim independence until then... tough 

8. I see what you're saying, but how the EU treats the uk won't make a difference to how many people in Europe already want their own referendums. Anti democratic stances doesn't promote a lessening of democratic wishes.

9. It makes a difference to the trade deals we will get.
    Whether they vote for change or not.
    For the foreseeable future no deal will be favourable with the EU.

We have two years to hope they either fold completely and independently negotiate.

Or two years for them to harden against us as businesses move there to stay within the EU.

Neither scenario gives us a better deal with EU trading block.

10. Prediction: UK will fail in 10 years and will join America as the 51st state

11. Nathan winning - when the bulk of your refugee population starts bleeding your welfare system, that's where I get my logic. However you feel free to live in rainbow lala-land where nothing ever bothers you, until an opposite opinion offends you. Remember, offence is taken, never given

12. I believe the EU will offer a much better deal to the UK now rather than just letting us leave. The survival of the EU depends on them keeping us in it, if the UK follows through with leaving then country after country will follow them. As Hollande has now said the EU needs "profound change" and the Italian prime minister said change was needed to make it "more human and more just".

13. Counter prediction: eu on its knees, only Central Europe still in it, south Europe bankrupt and Empty.

The EU needs to stimulate its southern members economies, lest they see the real holes in the freedom of movement policy.

14. To get a much better deal or even a good deal you need negotiators with good expertise. Do UK have them? I doubt. For last 40 years, EU was negotiating the trade deals for you. I don't think UK have the experts needed for that. Moreover, next two years UK can't make it any trade negotiations be it with EU, or USA or any other country. Meanwhile nothing stops Toyota to close their factories in UK and move them in EU. By the end of these two years, UK will be just a market and not a provider anymore. And a good deal? Won't happen. A good deal for UK will make other to think "Hey! We can have that too! Let's leave!".

15. Im not worried about the US, trade with them will continue. It isn't a big worry.

16. The pound is going dowmhill, the inflation will be sky rocketing, the investors are taking their money out of UK, you might not have a job, but it's all cool. You'll be jobless for only 10 years lol

17. I'm hoping a better deal is on the cards but part of me thinks when it comes to negotiating our exit the EU will want to make an example of us to scare other euroskeptic nations into not leaving. Anyway we shall see, I'm hoping for the best outcome.

18. Amazing result for Great Britain we won our independence now it's time to retake our lands and throw out eu citerzens who had not got a visa ... Britain is no longer a free lunch zone

19. What lands exactly?

20. Ok let me re word it our homes then
    I may have a chance at getting a house now for my family who have been put back on the list due to heavy migrants coming in without a job who gets housing support instantly
    It's only been 10 years for me on the housing list and migrant who comes here put zero money into the system gets a house straight away .... Not right is it ?