✯The EU Referendum✯

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Scrapster, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Vote out get Cameron out then get Boris in.

I think we would look better on the world scene with him in charge

2. Thus far France has said it will open its doors to the British banks that want to move to the EU.
    Germany and Poland to the Japanese car manufacturers that are currently in the UK etc.

The trade deals will be hard and long fought out.
    We won't gain a preferential deal for the simple reason, if we are out they can lock us out of trade and boost their own jobs and nations growth.
    There is zero need to negotiate a decent deal for them with the promise of multinationals moving from the UK to the eurozone to retain access to the market.
    They would and will let us collapse first, pick apart what they can. Exactly as China did allowing rover to go under and gaining mg and Germany the mini.

To be honest if I was outside of the UK I would do exactly the same. They don't need British business here. They need our companies there and offering them lucrative deals to relocate into the EU makes perfect sense for the eurozone if we vote out.

Business has nothing to do with ideals and making sensible good deals.
    It's playing hardball and crush your opponents.

And as for our collapsed economy afterwards.
    The claimed 450 mil a week extra which isn't true for the NHS.
    That disappears the second our economy shrinks and we have less taxes coming in to fund the NHS.
    Their literally is no upside. Economically speaking.

3. 'British values' is to think with rationality over being a mindless angry mob. If we leave things will be even harder than they are currently people say only ten years but what if the world economy collapses again like people are now saying it could do. In lighter times I would say yes but I don't think we can afford the economic uncertainty. That 10 billion we could supposedly save might just get lost amid the financial turmoil then there is no point.

4. Unfortunately you can't really bring the whats ifs into this.

What if the eurozone collapses? How many more bailouts do you think the north-central European people will tolerate?

More to the point, what do you think is going to happen when turkey attempts to push its way into the EU? IMO, all those migrants turkey are taking now, will be sent straight back to the eu

5. One of the worlds biggest investors has said it will continue to invest in the UK even if it leaves the EU. Also 88% of Dutch people now want a referendum if Britain votes leave.

6. Norway Wealth Fund

7. Turkey aren't viable under the EU criteria apparently

8. They're not. However in the migrant deal was a new push for their membership. I fear they may use this to get a foot in the door.

9. The Norway wealth fund may well continue to invest. Largely in London property over inflating house prices and other such damaging industry.
    Foreign investors that primarily over inflate markets to ensure an easy profit at the expense of the local population being able to buy houses doesn't help the UK economy that much outside of an elite bubble.
    Empty London foreign owned properties are part of the problem. And new taxes need to be added to actually offset this practice.
    We need the investment in job growth manufacturing and industry as well as banking and service sectors.
    And those are the sectors that will pull out into the EU.
    So yes they do invest a huge amount.
    But not for the good of the nation. From what I can see.
    I would rather keep manufacturing and banking jobs in the UK. Than empty overpriced London housing.

10. Less than 5% of the Norway Wealth Funds investments is spent on real estate worldwide, but over 10% of their total investments are in the UK. So while they may invest heavily into London real estate they also invest heavily into other things.

11. Europe as a whole is trashed, they let all those muslims in.

12. Let me know how that works out for ya lolololol

USA is the last country id want to invade, not just their military but the sheer amount of guns their civilians have smh. Can you imagine trying to get order there between the armed hicks and the gangs in cities taking pop shots at your forces.

Edit: just googled it and there are more guns in america than people. Over 300 million amd thats just legal fire arms. The amount of un registered and illegal fire arms probably another 100 mil

13. They should have stayed and got raped or shot in their own countries which we destabalised so the dumb americans could have their oil and military grade scratching post, but that's off topic. Tony blaires administration alongside bush was mostly if not almost entirely at fault for destabalising the region so we can't exacty use that as leverage. In fact they can use that as leverage on us...

14. @matrix the yanks will blow most of them selves up like all the friendly fire incidents in the gulf war

15. I'd be more concerned about UK's almost 10T debt... a need of a bailout is closer than you might think.

16. You do know that any EU country have a veto right about joining new members? If Turkey and Albania are the reason to leave then there's no reason. Just say "no" to them. Simple.

17. UK > USA.

18. Scrapster you guys may have better healthcare, but in a war america would stomp you into the ground.

Fact.

19. TNT you must be a fool. No country can stomp another nuclear power into the ground, it just ends with both countries left as a wasteland. Even if we were to take nukes out of the equation America is useless, America can't defeat underdeveloped nations nevermind another global power. This isn't even counting the militaries of the other 15 countries the queen is head of state in and controls the armed forces off.

But let's say that you do defeat all those countries and invade Britain, you get met with a fierce insurgency especially in places like Northern Ireland that have decades of experience in guerrilla warfare. America always loses to insurgents, eventually you withdraw from the country after your military has taken significant losses in a war against multiple developed countries and then from the years of guerrilla warfare.

Then what happens? The world helps Britain rebuild while America has been left isolated with basically no allies left, your economy is in ruin due to war and sanctions and you've most likely lost your superpower status.

I do not see any victor or stomping in this war.