1 January 1970

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Yamashita, Jun 2, 2016.

1. I clicked number 101 page and what I found is threads from 1 January 1970 :eek:

OMG

2. In off topic :)

3. Now you know how I got my 40 year old achievement badge.

4. Well, everyone keeps saying the game is dying. Apparently it's been around for 46 years :lol:

5. :lol: :lol: :lol:

6. January first 1970 is the inscription of UNIX time. UNIX time exactly how many milliseconds away from January 1 1970 00:00:00 GMT a given time is.

The fact that you can see a thread with that timestamp doesn't surprise me.

I'm sure there are at least a few security research KaWers that have notice it also. ;)

7. Ok harrian, you can't leave me in this state of mind or I will go cookoooo. So because of what you wrote above, I felt the need to do a bit of research as I had never really investigated this that you wrote about. I have vaguely seen references in movies or overheard people chatting occasionally. BUT, when I googled that, my brain hurts now. Can you dummy this down a bit. I can see way too much calculus and other science/math going through my brain waves...I refuse to take off those cob webs and dust off those shelves for a clock.

8. I got December 31 1969

9. You are giving your time zones away....I think they use this reference as compared to a known time. Dont tell us what you see. My time is diffrent than both yours

10. Not hard to work out a tz......I'll post yours in a week postman just to prove a point

11. It's in almost every section. :)

12. Soo your're not virgin anymore.....congrats

13. Pars. I am well aware that we can track people. But for heavens sake make them work at it. Dont give it on a silver platter