2016 Game 1 State of Origin️

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by -RaiNBow_DaSh-NooBLeT-, Jun 1, 2016.

1. QLD kicking game is off. You'd think with JT, Cronk & Smith available that it would be spot on.

Kick it to the 6'5" winger.

2. I chose right. Cronk is a great name. Go QLD!

3. Go Blues!!! Crush the Red!!

4. Clearly not a try...

5. QUEENSLAND WIN!!!

6. Woooo! What an sticky game tho. No stand outs but Mansours debut and he's not even my team...

7. #wherewasthebiff

8. Deffinetley was a tight and interesting game! However QLD defensive game though.. You have to give it to them ahah! The amount of times they were coming at us hard and we held in there!

Some crappy calls from the refs towards both QLD and NSW but ehh, well played by either side. Lets see how game 2 plays out in 3 weeks! HOME GAME BABY!!!️ #QLDpride

For those that are wondering here was the final score. *SPOILER ALERT*

----

QLD 6 d. NSW 4

An early penalty kick at the start of game saw QLD take a 2-0 lead, this was shortly overthrown by a NSW try however they did not convert. Score was 4-2
    JT set up a beautiful play and QLD scored just before half time but unfortunately our kicking game was off and the lead became 6-4 going into half time.
    Second half was well played with both teams having opportunities but QLD held there ground and won without any tries being scored in the 2nd half!

9. The only reason they won was because I voted for them. Yah.

MURICAN POWAR!

10. I'm a die hard QLD supporter and was expecting blues to win first round however happy they lost hubby and myself had a small bet going 

Watched the game with mates like we normally do (snacks and drinks a plenty) cheering and boo'ing galore. And always the blue supporters claiming qld paid the refs off (seriously what is with that!?) was really shocked nsw tried to claim qld got in the way of dummy pass but that's my favourite meme on Facebook tonight 
    Can't wait for game 2 

11. Queensland 

12. Sounds like a good night recover! That's the best thing about origin - friends, beer, and biff. I think NSW will win the second game. The final could go either way based on how hard fought yesterday was.

13. Game 2,  predictions?

Can't believe Parker is retiring!

14. I hope the all blacks win this season, they produce the best haikus

15. How is Thaiday still on the field should have been sent off for that tackle on GALLEN. You can't dump someone on their heads. Like that and get off with just a penalty

16. To be honest, Gallen has been dropped on his head many times, think he was a baby the first time

17. Bad tackle yeah, but never seen anyone sent off for that. Stop being salty

18. No because this isn't dangerous enough to be sent off, at what point in the rules does it say you don't send some one off for dumping them past the horizontal on to their head.

Also the person at the bottom pushing his head towards the ground..

Not salty about the result. But this should have been a send off no questions, Alex McKinnon would have been having flash backs watching this grub act.

19. [quote="-RaiNBow_DaSh-NooBLeT-"The amount of times they were coming at us hard and we held in there!"

Just gonna leave this here..