A-Bomb Survivors Want Obama to Meet, Apologize in Hiroshima

Discussion in 'Questions/Feedback' started by McDreamy, May 19, 2016.

1. No way... They bombed us at pearl harbor, enslaved Philippines and why did they invade us anyway?? They started it they pay... Suck it ...

2. Yeah right lol ...I WANT MY REPARATIONS!!!

3. I think your onto something lol!!

4. Anyway what was in those bombs anyway? Fertiliser is my guess..... There's Asian ppl everywhere 

5. I want an apology from the Danes for the pain and suffering they inflicted on the English 1200 years ago, it's disgusting we haven't had an apology yet!

Do the French want an apology for the massacre at Crecy?

Before anyone says, "but Rio, in Hiroshima they were civilians!" -as far as I'm concerned, if they were willing to be armed to fight then becoming a casualty of war is a possibility.

Don't apologise. They have no right to ask It of you.

6. The Japanese were in surrender talks during the time frame of the first Atom bomb to be dropped. It was also dropped on a civilian only city, not once, but twice. Granted, it was in war, but the manufacturing of the bomb finished roughly a week before it was dropped, making me think America just wanted to use their new toy 

7. Bomb them again

8. Of course they did. The primitive mentality of mankind dictates that to be dominant you must demonstrate dominance.

2 bombs, war over.

9. 1 Hiroshima was selected due to its large military garrison.

2 Japan were not considering surrender until after fat boy and the declaration of war by the Soviet Union against them.

3 it took 6 days for them to consider surrender despite much objection from their own government and people. Many believing in bushido and death before dishonour.

4 it was that mentality of bushido that led to the Japanese war crimes against both conquered people ( 200,000 Korean women used as For Japanese troops, prisoners of war and civilians being beaten, starved and murdered treated as worthless dishonourable garbage by a culture that condemns surrender ).

It makes no difference today whether we agree with the bombs being dropped at that time.
    They were. And no matter how it is viewed now, the results for all involved would have been far worse if they had not been.

Standing on a moral high ground after an event is easy. Fighting a world war against an enemy that will not yield. That will kill your civilians, commit multiple atrocities and refuse to even fight a conventional war abiding by the Geneva conventions is totally different to life today.

Japan as a whole has progressed from a dark place in its history. The people today are still a proud race. And for many reasons they deserve to be.
    Their past is exactly that.
    Their government will not apologise for their past. But neither will it be trapped by it as they progress.

By that same account. The Americans and no other nation that agreed to the bombs being dropped ( it was an agreed multi national alliance led decision ) should apologise for clear decisive action that led to millions of lives saved and relative peace with the end of world war 2.

The leaders at the time made the call. Let it reside in the history books and pray that the lesson is learnt.
    Though looking at Putin today. That's debatable.

10. They can go to pearl harbor and beg us not to bomb them again first. Dont start something you cant finish.

11. That means we gotta apologize to Hideki Tojo. No way

12. Immigrant, you ain't American

13. Why should Obama apologise. He has nothing to do with those past events

14. Every president mostly done things people won't agree with. Certain decisions you have no right to judge from below, gotta problem then rise

15. Impossible

16. Reminds me of when Jamaica wanted compensation from UK for slavery. And brits abolished that in 1833.
    Like at the time, when the ppl involved are still living their lives it's ok. But when that generation is pretty much gone, you have to move on. It's hardly like the Japanese were angels during the war either way

17. Guess you didn't mind the US economy almost completely tanking because of the two of them eh?  Because it was a combined effort of both of theirs.

19. Everyone should just say sorry to each other and move on. Both sides did bad things. If you cant let go of the past how will you ever move on to the future. Its a matter of knowing right from wrong and being the bigger man so to speak. I personally feel it was the lesser of 2 evils and therefore the right thing to do in that given situation, however it was still wrong.

If it happened to me and my family, would I still take this view, or would I be consumed by bitterness. Would I blame America or my own leaders for putting the country in such a situation.

I do not blame the victims / families wanting an apology do you really feel their suffering was justified?

20. Hiroshima and Nagasaki were war crimes... Plain and simple, regardless if it ended the war early and saved lives.

But victors write the history books and for this reason there were no Allie war crimes committed.