Combined stat clan limits

Discussion in 'Ideas + Feature Requests' started by _____NIGHTWING_____, May 20, 2016.

1. Support.
    There are some clans (Fix comes to mind) that practice a version of this already; fill your clan with actives, allow any stat that can hit, and run asof and lotl btb. Keep 100 active hitters of any size and that clan is going to grow quickly. Keep twice that, and the clan is going to grow twice as fast.
    We have already seen an exodus of old school players, frustrated with the format changes and the emphasis on events & in-game purchases. There are once great clans now struggling. Mergers already weed out inacts and clan banks, relegatinng them to the less-used clan. With mergers comes frustration, and pressure. People love their home clans. There is initial resentment and suspicion amongst the upheaved. Owners and admin are expected to deliver the professed improvements. I've been through this. It's tense.
    This proposal would ease a lot of that tension. Now, three (or more) clans could take advantage of the cap to merge active hitters into one solid clan, and keep alts, inacts, and banks to the 'side'. It keeps active players growing, and feeling less futile.

2. Thank you for that comment. This is exactly the type of scenario that I was thinking of.

3. support...good idea....

4. Thank you for the great idea, support!

5. Bump for update at end of opening post.

6. Support.
    Make the additional small player cs as 30k and not more than 60k.

So players between that range can only apply not less than that or more than that.

But it should be given accordings to stronger clans...

#1-50 = 30-40k
    #50-100 = 30-50k

Just an example

7. People would be able to do big ebs even faster with accts that just have no bfa. And also what about xtal usage and htes?

8. I stopped half way through that wine to get more cheese

9. Xtal usage would be limited as it currently is. Remember the combined clan strength potential does not change. Even allowing for more xtals. The accounts using them are weaker than lb as such the damage would be proportionate. Lb clans would also get extra slots as stated in the update. This allows their xtal usage to increase proportionately as no clan has attained the maximum possible combined stats.

To clarify that point. Imagine one lb player with one full regen doing an offload on the last bar of asof.
    They do between 1.5 -2% damage with that one offload.
    An account my size does .5% damage This means it take me between one full regen and two xtals to one full regen and 3 xtals to do the same damage as them. Clearly if they xtal they will do far more damage. As such as I said. It's proportionate. The combined stats balance, if clans use their available slots. And the lb should easily retain their advantage based on kingdom size and damage those kingdoms can inflict.

This change merely means that the smalls to mids can hit tiers of ebs within their hit range slightly faster with added ability to ensure completion and success within sensible time frames.
    The top clans may / should get more competitive. But equally so should all clans as players gravitate towards more successful faster clans. Which in my opinion would only be a good thing.

Hte I personally believe that with the current state where clans kill them in 5 minutes or less have become obsolete outside of trains. At least in reference to value for money.

Hte has become a concern since the new lands especially and though battle cry is a great new alternative to provide extra plunder for clans. I believe there are alternatives that would be far more beneficial for everyone that are worth their own thread later. Ideas for both individual plunder spells and clan ones. But that's for another thread which I propose on posting within the next 3 days.

10. Interesting idea and you put a lot of thought into it but not sure if support it, its hard enough to keep control of things with 100 mems 200 would be even more of a headache.

11. That was my concern too Cookie. But that's why devs need to reorganise clan roles. And this would be a perfect opportunity to do so.

12. Cookie I agree it would be harder to organise or at least monitor up to 200 people.
    But hopefully with anticipated mergers and just extra numbers. Extra admin slots would be made available. The work load could be spread between more people with a vested interest in seeing their clan grow.

13. NW bro....you continue to have great ideas to improve this game. Makes too much sense for the devs to implement I'm afraid. Regardless......Support.

14. Support. Like any new idea it will have issues that need tweaking. I think it has merit though and is definitely worth taking seriously.
    Also if the average player gets to decrease the gap between them and the lb(in cs only, obviously not plunder) then surely it will only motivate the existing lb to look over their shoulders and keep spending to maintain their positions.

15. I like it. Creative and workable solution to an issue with the status quo that only a handful are comfortable with.

Unfortunately ATA seem to be in the latter. Organic growth from eb grinding has been thrown out of the window and replaced by regular infusions of sbs from events that we are all addicted to.

I can understand why ATA thought it would be a good idea to replace event reward bbs with sbs to promote faster growth at the lower end but I completely fail to grasp why they created a system that disproportionately rewards established accounts, widening the gap rather than shrinking it.

Your original idea was flawless based on the logic that ebs with scaled difficulty should have a scaled gold payout but not a scaled event drop rate. They're now asking for a new eb, which presumably will drop a maximum of 2k event drops.

Obviously this impacts on system wars (that no-one does any longer anyway) and the new, improved clan roles would make it hard to admin. My only suggestion would be to disallow starting a new eb when the cs threshold was reached, forcing clan admins to kick inactives in order to progress. That kind of disruption would really make them pay attention. You could also have a bar showing clan current cs against the threshold cs.

It's a nice way to level the playing field, but the consequences would be increasing homogenisation of epic battles. In the single-minded pursuit of the optimal drops-per-hour ratio all clans would gravitate towards rotating between the same two ebs. It already happens, but at least different clans are very clearly differentiated between Tiers.

Btw, notice that the domination of ASOF and LOTL coincides with the standardisation of two-item events, rather than the old four-item ones...? More evidence of pandering.

16. Wonderfully put! Couldn't agree more.

17. Thank you individually idiosyncratic
    That was superbly said. And I appreciate the sentiment in the post.

18. Not a bad idea, but I doubt it'll get implemented. Many of the jumps in required power level has less to do with stats and more to do with rampant inflation. As things get exponentially more expensive the ebs get exponentially harder to "balance"the payout.

19. I've seen many changes in KAW over the years some good, some bad. Ideas a plenty, most with holes and exploits.

NW this is a good idea that would only benefit KAW. support.

I do wonder if the limitations of how this game was constructed originally, impacts wether or not these kinds of ideas can be implemented easily.

20. Sammy
    Which is why we need smalls and mids growing faster than ever to balance the game and the inflation.
    Trapping smalls in no mans land is the worst possible scenario.
    Without the entire player base growing new ebs and lands will only make the situation worse, which is why something needs to change sooner than later.

Many thanks heavens hammer. I certainly would hope the devs comment on whether such changes could be implemented or if they have alternative ideas to add some balance.