What happened to our devs?

Discussion in 'Questions/Feedback' started by SoH______R-E-A-P-E-R______SoH, May 18, 2016.

1. Devs have different usernames now. I believe all devs are in the clan A Thinking Ape

2. Where are your allies?

3. @squishy i just got back from like 7 month break

4. They've been replaced by a couple of cowardly scrubs.. Sad days indeed..

Oh wait, I know how to make this better..

You're welcome..

5. Names have been changed :) they are still here though, just under different names.

6. Also here the new names and such are:

Changes to existing accounts are as follows:
    kaw_community -> ATA_Grant (Community)
    kaw_creative -> ATA_Miles (Creative)
    kaw_admin -> ATA_Bruce (Game Designer)

Our first few new accounts are as follows:
    ATA_Mark (Game Designer)
    ATA_Mario (Game Designer)
    ATA_Jodie (Creative)
    ATA_Clarke (Support)

April 6th Additions:
    ATA_Drake (Support)
    ATA_Marceline (Support)
    ATA_Mike (Support)
    ATA_Garnet (Support)
    ATA_Jordan (Support)
    ATA_Ellie (Support)

7. Prime, those 'scrubs' will never show up if you keep being mean.
    You need to embrace your pink fluffy side and entice them out with some rainbow unicorn anime. ?

8. A little courtesy goes a long way. No saying you have to be all sunshine and happiness, but when the only reaction you get from certain people tends to be extremely hostile, it's not something you really ill continue to do.

For example, when we're working on a known issue or soliciting feedback, hearing actual constructive feedback rather than just "devs suck", "this sucks" is much more preferred, and we'll actually do our best to join in those kinds of constructive discussions where possible.

9. Haha, and here I am thinking I was being nice... That's why I've been posting all this anime in hopes that Grant would see the error of his ways and want to bury the hatchet.. I've always been one to offer assistance and constructive criticism, it's not my fault it falls on deaf ears.. We hear and see what we want right?

Don't worry about it bud, It's water under the fridge..

10. You'll find that plenty of us actually do do that. But why should we continue to be courteous and respectful when you don't do the same to the players?

Eventually it gets to the point when players no longer have any interest in being courteous.

Plenty of us are actually constructive in feedback, at the least we try to go beyond crap like 'devs suck'. You can easily ignore that stuff and take the time to converse with the players who actually do put some effort in. But nah, you ignore everyone. Please don't say you attempt courteous conversation with players because forums has plenty of decent threads, I rarely see any of the devs.

So please, I'd love to hear your answer. Why the hell should players have to be nice to devs when they're fed up with NO RESPONSES? I also was an advocate for constructive feedback at one point myself. But you listen to neither constructive or rude feed back. Please take a look in the mirror before pointing the finger at the players cause we're not the only ones to blame here. Many of us are capable of civil conversation and communication. But we can't do anything about it if you don't listen or take the time to talk to the players.

Take a look at the complaints, Grant. The constructive and not so constructive ones. They all come from the same place: being unhappy with the game. That's never going to change unless you take the time to address players concerns.

11. Oh one last thing, it is nice to see you actually responded Grant! Even if it is a cheap shot at certain players.

But an answer nonetheless! Thank you for that at least. Maybe you can take the time, or other devs could, to talk to more of the players.

12. Grand ILU. Now pls fix everything. Ty.

13. Grant sucks, all devs suck, all mods suck, KAW sucks, everyone/everything sucks but me...

...now give me free stuff

14. Inb4 thread gets deleted for "reasons".

15. You bring the reactions on yourself. Act shady and get hostility. It's shocking, I know.

16. We can call this the Essay's of KaW : Developer Complaint Files

17. Can you provide examples of when any Dev was not courteous and respectful to a KaW player? I would consider ATA_Grants post above to be fairly polite and have yet to find any example of what you describe as "disrespectful". While Devs could increase their post count and interaction with players, their professionalism is not a area that needs work.

A quote I believe you should think about:
    "Anger is a acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything which it is poured on"-Mark Twain.

18. That's why we have special containers for Acid/Corrosive stuff right? If I'm correct, the stomach lining is mucus, which prevents your stomach acid from breaking down your stomach.

19. These are the only two examples I can find off a quick search. Both unprofessional and disrespectful.

Please note I wasn't only talking about actual responses. Their constant lack of response is worse. Take a look through any of the event threads. They only answer questions like 'Will a left and right shard form one token?' They rarely ever respond to the complex questions. Every thread has the same complaints, events are all the same, events are too frequent etc. And they NEVER address any concerns. They don't need to formulate an actual response to be disrespectful. A lack of one is just as unfair.

Also, by disrespectful, I didn't necessarily mean rude either. They don't give a crap about players concerns. That couldn't be clearer by their constant ignoring of concerns that are presented in virtually every single thread.

Devs wonder why players are hostile. Do you honestly wonder why given the lack of response by the devs?