The state of LOTL and ASOF

Discussion in 'Other KaW Discussion' started by Kezzer, May 17, 2016.

1. For those of you who haven't seen yet Sucker Punch has just set an all time record of 12 minutes 31 seconds.

Compare this to the other times and obviously this is a huge difference but even still look at how fast clans are finishing these "Extremely Difficult" ebs.

It's been over a year since the release of LOTL and I think we are due that release because as things stand these times are going to become so quick that them being classed as "Extremely Difficult" seems meaningless.

While we are at it I might as well mention HTE for those who regularly visit those clans. If a clan can finish ASOF in 12m 31s then clearly there would be an issue if they tried to hit HTE. It would be over in a blink of an eye and that's currently the issue. Why would someone want to run HTE for them to spend 1 minute hitting the eb and 15 minutes waiting? It's just not sustainable. How this is fixed is up to the devs but I think the community has already suggested a few things.

TLDR; ASOF finished in stupidly fast time proving how meaningless supposedly hard ebs have become. Also HTE could do with a buff or new premium eb for bigs.

2. First let me congratulate Sucker Punch! Cool stuff!

Secondly I agree, I think high tier could use some buffs.

3. Which state is it?
    Solid? Liquid? Gas? :cool:

4. These EB's need a decrease in drops imo.

5. A decrease in drops would only make it harder for clans to advance to the top tiers as time wise these ebs wouldn't be worth it. A slight decrease might be needed but too much and you destroy the balance.

6. Good Job SP!!! Congratz!!!! :)

7. Pffffft. I'd been impressed if it was under 10 mins.

Jk. Nice post Kezzer. We need to keep raising this issue. When does the next eb come out, and will it be in line with LOTL or itself be the next jump up in difficulty?

Yes, not sure why people still spend on HTE now.

8. Only 82 hitting that ebb and 40 hit it less than 100 times.... this is a huge accomplishment by Sucker Punch. Congrats :)

9. Lower your stat req, allow smaller accounts into the clan and you'll complete it slower.

Really though, a select few clans can complete it that fast. It seems the average time is around 2-4 hours maybe. Just for the LB. That's still fine. And you'll find there's still many, many clans that aren't up to LotL (no I'm not talking about the noob clans). I really don't see a need for a new eb yet. The current two still pay well and drop items better than any other eb. Catering to the minority always leave the majority further and further behind :roll:. You'd only be isolating more players by adding another eb.

And what will the next eb be? So hard that again, basically 3 clans can run it for weeks? Pay in the trillions for everyone? Drop 3k+ items? Devs stretched the payment for LotL so far already when it was first released compared to the other ebs, I'd hate to see the next eb!

I'd much prefer the devs work on improving the game in other aspects than adding another eb. There are more important things devs could be doing.

10. Don't even need new epics. Just add a significantly more difficult "pro" version of the existing ones.

Pays considerably better
    Caters to the oversized noob community
    Etc etc

11. I vote plasma

12. I say Bose–Einstein condensates.

13. Wow is this a brand new idea?

14. CONGRATS SP!!!!
    12mins lol :lol:

15. Yes a new bigger eb would be good but that's not going to help the large number of players who realistically can't do b2b LotL or asof yet. Adding a new eb with better payouts will just help the biggest guys get even bigger.
    As for the equip what's the point it's going to be rendered useless by promo gear with weeks .

16. I like how that tree eb picture in the lotl series has been there for like half a year (?), but devs don't release it for whatever reason

17. Support!Thank U Kezzer ^_^

18. I agree. Make tougher ebs with higher payout. I could easily compete these ebs myself

Good luck to rest of kaw peeps.. be noobs forever ;)

19. The devs will not release the new eb because it'll hurt their precious HTE,but they also need to realize that this game is all about challenges.People grow,at least those who wish to,and without harder he's boedom sets in RELEASE the NEXT SVERUGANTI.

20. They xtalled. It's not rocket science. Start full. 6 xtals 100 bigs. Bet you it cost a fair bit.

Congrats SP it's impressive but kezz the eb is tough still. Remember when fod was difficult. Kaw evolves