A Sincere Reminder

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by IlIlIlIlI-Versa-IlIlIlIlI, May 5, 2016.

1. Well, I just want to point one thing out. So please just read through, it will be a short one.

Cruz has dropped out meaning Trump now has the republican nomination locked up. So on that note, we have to think long and hard as a nation as to who to elect every four years for the presidency.

I, myself, am in the Navy, and I just want to say that this time next year, if trump was elected, I will be one of two things:

1) Either coming home in a body bag or
    2) Being there for my best friend's wife telling her how amazing he was as we watch his coffin descend into the earth.

Now I'm not one for politics (anymore), but what I can say is that this man, if elected our leader, will damage the sole purpose of the military. We will fight more wars and many are okay with that, but just remember it's our blood that gets spilled.

Young men and women like myself who are put into action to make those words come true.

So I just ask one thing and one thing only. Think about a serviceman or servicewoman, that Sailor, Soldier, Marine, Airman, or even a Coastguardsmen, and just know that you will effectively be voting to put them directly into harm's way for no good reason.

Now, I'm not saying we shouldn't fight, ISIS is obviously a top priority. But to change the ROE to involve anything other than ISIS is ludicrous and quite frankly, I don't want to fight this mad man's wars. I want to fight for American freedom. Don't get those two twisted.

So if you want to vote for a man that says the military is in his best interests, just know that we really aren't. To him, every single one of us is a bullet sponge and expendable. I know that's not how we operate, we want mission accomplished with the least amount of casualties as possible. If you support military and veteran families, then don't give a man the power that wants us to turn on our closest allies for the sake of America, because what we really need is more bloodshed in a nation already rattled by three "Wars" in the last 20 years... Think before you vote. And as always, God Bless America. I'll be damned if anyone takes that away from us.

Sincerely,
    A Concerned Sailor.

2. Yes! Just let the Arab fight each other! USA, Russia and all other non arabic country should retreat cus this is not their war! Y should we even care about arabian that fight each other? Let them kill themselves until they all extinct! Easy right?

3. I support the OP. #DropOutHilary #FeelTheBern
    <3

4. Very easy, the only thing they want us for is war, there are enough of them, and their children, who they teach at a young age to War.
    We don't need anything from them, the USA has it's own natural resources.

Them them live in their animalistic beliefs.
    If a dog craps in it's crate they have to sleep in it. Those people are used to the smell, they can have it.

USA military should be top priority for American people. We want our servicemen out of the crap countries they are stuck in.

Secure our borders first.......
    Save America....
    Return our POW/KIA/MIA

I pledge allegiance
    To the Flag
    Of the United States of America
    all others can kiss my ass if you wont
    fight for your own country

5. I was for Cruz all the wayy. Well my vote goes to the democratic winner.

6. Well there's nobody else that's any better now

7. Op are you dumb or what ? :)

US will never give up Iraq/Afghanistan. Oil. Simple reason :)

Russia showed its domination in Syria, now most countries are turning to Russia over America.

Thats why Us will send more troops :)

Its world politics...

And if Russia puts his naval battle ship near Syria. Eu will always be in danger as Russia can hit from there....

Thats why Eu and Us are moving closer to ukraine border...

To put pressure over russia...

No support. Lol its like you guys can take profit from all countries but when someone else take, you say ita wrong :)

8. The United States would do best to go back to a state of isolationism.

9. Support.
    And thank you for your service and your sacrifice.

10. Don't elect Trump, as a Soldier I approve of this message 

11. Kenpachi you know there's no oil in Afghanistan right ? Well no petroleum based oils.

As for trump he got where he is by fear mongering pandering to the worst aspects in people and with vague promises about winning and being great.
    He may well be the worst president in American history if elected, able to offend friends enrage enemies and ruin alliances.

12. ronald raegan wuz bad

13. I think your looking at it from the wrong perspective. Tearing up trade agreements that don't benefit your country in anyway shape or form, manufacturing moving offshore, is bad business, but provides a certain class of free-loaders a feel good tummy glow that their country is the greatest. Now - a nationalistic view, much like my country needs, which is one a certain German dictator used in the 30's got the population working, and kept manufacturing in house, not shipped off to China, Bangladesh etc.

Yes there's every chance the military will be involved in combat at some point, I'm sure it's in your contract fine print somewhere. Your country, family and friends appreciate what you do, and yes there's a chance military personnel won't come home.

Thanks for your service, the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

14. Respect Versa for those words.

As an European, I am quite amazed how such a candidate as Trump, who basically is a total joke, is able to grab that many votes in a civilized country.

I have visited mass graves in Verdun (WW I), the meaning of cannon fodder gets quite graphical there...
    And wandering through the graves of the American War Cemetery in my hometown, looking at white marble gravestones of teenies who died on their 18th birthday or on Christmas '44 is extremely depressing. Not that the German Cemetery next door is any less gloomy.

Always remember that "the german dictator that shall not be named in an ATA forum" was indeed elected democratically...

15. Yes that's correct, and his inward looking view of nationalism and employment for all was a great effort, yes he declined immeasurably since 1937-38, however - as an example having everybody gainfully employed was a success.

There's a lot of failures and warmongering in his playbook, and I in no way suggest those areas need to be looked at, just his pre-war employment policies, and taking a nationalistic view to the country, rather than continue on what's been a disappointing last few tears

16. #DontDeportMexicansOrMuslimsDeportTrump

17. There is more successful examples such as norway who have a surplus through nationalising institutes such as the fuel industry.

18. Concerned? You're afraid of the middle east? You joined for the reason to help soldiers and marines or injured people. Don't complain about your job

19. I don't think the concern is the Middle East, it's probably that he believes trump will use his mouth too much And then try to force the rest of the world to his will.

The American military is a fierce machine, but there are limits to what its members will do.

For example, if he said they were to invade Canada, or Britain, or even mainland Europe, I can almost guarantee it wouldn't happen.

Russia? Maybe, China? Again maybe. But ask yourself this, do you REALLY want to get into a war with either of those?

20. Exactly this. I'm not worried of doing anything, I know what I signed up for. I've accepted the fact that I'm putting myself into the line of danger for my nation so the people I love can continue to live a life of freedom. Fighting a pointless war with a nation for no reason other than "because we can" is stupid and I can't see Trump doing anything but that.