New Player Introduction

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Amun-Ra, May 5, 2016.

1. Priority list
    -get new players
    -make new players thread

2. Nick I agree new players needed, but I put this first in priority cause if new players come without the guidance of how to play after tutorial they won't stick around so I thought this was vital to keeping new players so I made this my priority.

3. Wow nice titan.

4. This is awesome, and really needed because lets be honest the tutorial is not in depth enough. Really good job! STICKY!!!

5. Thank you everyone for your support. Meisha it's good seeing you again thank you as well :)

6. Amazing Job Titan,

This introduction should be apart of any new account made as well as accounts who are within 90 days, i am sure ata has a way of knowing which accounts are in that range and they should be prompted to view these pages.

Hard work well shown Congratulations

7. Wow! This looks really good, it'll be a great help for new players. Well done, Titan_God! :)

And welcome back as a moderator! :D

8. Tears of beauty were wept at the viewing of this link.

9. Awesome work, Titan! I can't imagine how much time and effort went into making it. Well done.

Now I hope the devs will actually put this to good use and make sure all players are at least aware of it's existence.

10. It is very good. New players prob dont forum, so def the pop-up UI that was mentioned already. #Sticky

11. Well done Titan, leaps n bounds ahead of anything else available for new players, don't know how long it took you, but as someone on their second account, there's been nothing as in depth to give new players a heads up about how Kaw "rolls"

Thanks mate, I look forward to sending new accounts to this resource - lets get it mounted in post 1 for posterity In forums

12. Very nice and welcome back 
    U could add war so ppl can get EE. Thx

13. Very interesting.

----

⚔The book of Lore⚔

Some people can see something and think "oh, well that's simple." Others...Well. They just don't care. Me? I like a little depth in everything I do, for I was raised to never take anything at face value. Just because you think you know someone or something well, doesn't mean they won't flip the script on you.

In my opinion, KaW has depth to it. But we have not even scratched the surface of what could be the greatest story/game told. That is why I am here. To bring you certain facts about KaW that you might not have known if I hadn't posted this. I will be posting this thread in segments which will analyse certain aspects of KaW from beginning to end. No stone will be left unturned.

High and Low - Lands

Today, we start off with the basis of the game and one of the foremost questions that bother me. Where are we? Obviously, if there is a highland(upland), we must start off in the lowlands. Here’s what the internet tells us:

Upland and lowland are portions of plain that are conditionally categorized by their elevation above the sea level. Lowlands are usually no higher than 200 m (660 ft), while uplands are somewhere around 200 m (660 ft) to 500 m (1,600 ft). On rare occasions, certain lowlands such as Caspian Depression lay below the sea level.

Lowland habitats are warm, slow-flowing rivers found in relatively flat lowland areas, with water that is frequently colored by sediment and organic matter; Upland habitats are cold, clear, rocky, fast-flowing rivers in mountainous areas. These classifications overlap with the geological definitions of "upland" and "lowland". In geology an "upland" is generally considered to be land that is at a higher elevation than the alluvial plain or stream terrace, which are considered to be "lowlands". The term "bottomland" refers to low-lying alluvial land near a river.

Many freshwater fish and invertebrate communities around the world show a pattern of specialization into upland or lowland river habitats. Classifying rivers and streams as upland or lowland is important in freshwater ecology as the two types of river habitat are very different, and usually support very different populations of fish and invertebrate species.

The first thing that comes to most people's mind when they think of the highlands is Scotland, the highland games. But what about a lowland? Well, countries like Netherlands, Belgium and (by extension) Luxembourg are in lowlands. In fact, flood control is an important issue for the Netherlands, as about two-thirds of its area is vulnerable to flooding, while the country is among the most densely populated on Earth. Natural sand dunes and constructed dikes, dams, and floodgates provide defense against storm surges from the sea. River dikes prevent flooding from water flowing into the country by the major rivers Rhine and Meuse, while a complicated system of drainage ditches, canals, and pumping stations (historically: windmills) keep the low-lying parts dry for habitation and agriculture. Water control boards are the independent local government bodies responsible for maintaining this system.

Now, lets move on to the next land:

Hoarfrost

I’ll start off with a more “realistic” version of one - Greenland.

It was the early Norwegian settlers who gave the country the name Greenland. In the Icelandic sagas, it is said that the Norwegian-born Icelander Erik the Red was exiled from Iceland for manslaughter. Along with his extended family and his thralls, he set out in ships to explore icy land known to lie to the northwest. After finding a habitable area and settling there, he named it Grœnland (translated as "Greenland"), supposedly in the hope that the pleasant name would attract settlers.

Greenland is covered in an ice sheet, which is a mass of glacial land ice extending more than 50,000 square kilometers (20,000 square miles). The two ice sheets on Earth today cover most of Greenland and Antarctica. During the last ice age, ice sheets also covered much of North America and Scandinavia.

How do ice sheets form? They form in areas where snow that falls in winter does not melt entirely over the summer. Over thousands of years, the layers of snow pile up into thick masses of ice, growing thicker and denser as the weight of new snow and ice layers compresses the older layers. Ice sheets are constantly in motion, slowly flowing downhill under their own weight. Near the coast, most of the ice moves through relatively fast-moving outlets called ice streams, glaciers, and ice shelves. As long as an ice sheet accumulates the same mass of snow as it loses to the sea, it remains stable.

Cool right? Now, Jotunheim.

Jotunheim (pronounced “YO-tun-hame;” Old Norse Jötunheimr, “World of the Giants”) is one of the Nine Worlds, and, as the name implies, the homeland of the giants (Old Norsejötnar).
    Jotunheim is also known as Utgard (pronounced “OOT-guard;” Old NorseÚtgarðr, “Beyond the Fence”), a name which establishes the realm as occupying one extreme end of the traditional Germanic conceptual spectrum between the innangard and the utangard. That which is innangard (“inside the fence”) is orderly, law-abiding, and civilized, while that which is utangard (“beyond the fence”) is chaotic, anarchic, and wild. This psychogeography found its natural expression in agrarian land-use patterns, where the fence (the “gard” or garðr of the above terms) separated pastures and fields of crops from the wilderness beyond them. In fact, the very word “wilderness” comes from a Germanic language, Old English, where the word formed from the roots wild-deor-ness literally means “the place of self-willed beasts.” One would therefore expect the cosmological Utgard/Jotunheim to be symbolized as a vast, mighty wilderness that surrounds a more civilized world.

In the Eddas, the dwelling-places of the giants are described as deep, dark forests, mountain peaks where winter never eases its grip, and similarly inhospitable and grim landscapes, and this certainly seems to be how the heathen Norse and other Germanic peoples symbolically visualized the invisible Jotunheim itself.

The Abyssal lands

The Ancient Egyptians envisaged the oceanic abyss of the Nun as surrounding a bubble in which the sphere of life is encapsulated, representing the deepest mystery of their cosmogony. In Ancient Egyptian creation accounts the original mound of land comes forth from the waters of the Nun. The Nun is the source of all that appears in a differentiated world, encompassing all aspects of divine and earthly existence. In the Ennead cosmogony Nun is perceived as transcendent at the point of creation alongsideAtum the creator god.

In real life, the Abyssal zone is a portion of the ocean deeper than about 2,000 m (6,600 feet) and shallower than about 6,000 m (20,000 feet). The zone is defined mainly by its extremely uniform environmental conditions, as reflected in the distinct life forms inhabiting it. The upper boundary between the abyssal zone and the overlying bathyal zone is conveniently defined as the depth at which the water temperature is 4° C (39° F); this depth varies between 1,000 and 3,000 m. Waters deeper than 6,000 m are treated separately as the hadal realm by ecologists.
    The abyssal realm is the largest environment for Earth life, covering 300,000,000 square km (115,000,000 square miles), about 60 percent of the global surface and 83 percent of the area of oceans and seas.

The abyssal realm is very calm, being far removed from storms that agitate the ocean at the air-sea interface. These low energies are reflected in the character of abyssal sediments. The abyssal realm is usually far enough from land that the sediment is composed predominantly of microscopic plankton remains produced in the food chain in the overlying waters, from which they settle.

Abyssal fauna, though very sparse and embracing relatively few species, include representatives of all major marine invertebrate phyla and several kinds of fish, all adapted to an environment marked by no diurnal or seasonal changes, high pressures, darkness, calm water, and soft sediment bottoms. These animals tend to be gray or black, delicately structured, and unstreamlined. Mobile forms have long legs; and animals attached to the bottom have stalks, enabling them to rise above the water layer nearest the bottom, where oxygen is scarce. Abyssal crustaceans and fish may be blind. With increasing depth, carnivores and scavengers become less abundant than animals that feed on mud and suspended matter. Abyssal animals are believed to reproduce very slowly.

Osmon rai

In Greek mythology, Mount Olympus (A mountain in the sky) was the dwelling of the Olympian Gods and it was created after the Titanomachy, the battle during which the Olympians defeated their predecessors, the Titans. The peak Mytikas was then called Pantheon and was the venue where all the fiery discussions among the deities took place. There was also a place where the Throne of Zeus was located. The twelve Olympians that resided at Mount Olympus were Zeus, Hera, Poseidon, Athena, Apollo, Artemis, Hestia, Demeter, Hermes, Aphrodite, Ares andHephaestus. Apart from the gods, the foot of the mountain was also the place where the nine Muses lived.

Ancient Greeks likely never tried to climb Olympus' peaks Pantheon and the Throne of Zeus (currently called Mytikas and Stefani respectively), which they considered to be the Twelve Olympians' home. But surely they reached the nearest peak, nowadays called Aghios Antonios, from where they had a view of the two peaks and where they left offerings, as recent archaeological findings indicate. In the modern era, a series of explorers tried to study the mountain and to reach, unsuccessfully, its summit. Examples include the French archaeologist Leon Heuzey (1855), the German explorer Heinrich Barth (1862), and the German engineer Edward Richter. Richter tried to reach the summit in 1911 but was abducted by klephts, who also killed the Ottoman gendarmes that accompanied him.

14. Welcome back Titan!

Amazing job on this!!! STICKY!!!

15. Nice Titan :)

16. Titan! I've known you for two years and only now you'll be able to help me cure my inner noob!

17. Beautiful!

18. This is awesome.

19. Nighthawk, good to see you. I will in due time make a intermediate guide. This one does however, have a brief war section under "PvP" including System Wars, Osw, and EE wars. :)