A Serious Question

Discussion in 'Other KaW Discussion' started by ProviingAPoint, May 4, 2016.

1. My bottles are BPA free 

2. So naive, I remember when I believed in the tooth fairy and mineral water LMAO

3. Did you even read the entire article?

4. Yes I did, did you?

5. We have some of the best tap water in the states in the Detroit metropolitan areas. It is one of the best water purification systems in the states as well. The city of flint made a vicious mistake when they decided to stop getting water from the Detroit city supplied water system, and attempted their own supply. . I drink ice water from the tap all the time, no after taste, funny smell. .nothing but water... ice cold mmmmhmmm

6. Floride, the most common sterilization chemical for tap water originated as a toxin byproduct from the steal industry, its first commercial use was as rat poison. I would never drink tap water again. There are many products these days to filter and cleanse otherwise undesirable drinking water mostly due to the growing interest in woodsman sports. Anytime an individual can keep any amount of any kind of chemical out of their system they greatly reduce the chance of many health problems.

7. The US as far as I know has flouride and chlorine added to local tap water to improve and help dental health as well as try to keep the water clean

8. Wow, an elementary student posting a thread!

There is such a thing as purification, at least in my country.
    I can drink my tap water, it tastes good but there are times it has an odor, that is when I reach for bottled water or my Brita filtered pitcher of water.

9. I can drink tap water but it tastes horrible, we use some crazy concoction of chemicals here in the UK (including flourine) that makes it taste like pennies mixed with plastic

10. Pennies mixed with plastic? How is it you know the comparison? That's just an odd combination

11. That must depend on where you live, Yorkshire tap water is very good.

12. But in all fairness that is what you are used to. Travel away for awhile and then go back home. Water always taste diffrent after you acclimatize to other water.

13. I drink my city's tap water. I have yet to glow in the dark or grow a third hand outta my forehead, which is pretty much the presumption around here.
    If I have the time, I like to collect rain water in big jugs and drink that. But my town's water never made me sick.

14. My tap is brando, its got the electrolytes plants crave!

15. This is why they say they add fluoride, but the actual reason remains a mystery to me.

Like, how is it that drinking fluoride helps make my teeth whiter? The water washes right over my teeth almost for a fraction of a second and then goes into my stomach. So, the fluoride goes into my belly, through my liver, into my bloodstream, into my gums and into the roots of my teeth? And that's how my teeth stay white? I thought that's why they put it in toothpaste? So I have to put it ON my teeth, AND I have to drink it, too?

And, oh, by the way, it also goes to every other part of my body, including my brain.

Why does the government deliberately add fluoride to tap water, despite the fact that fluoride is a known neurotoxin?

By the way, don't be fooled - every major bottled water supplier adds fluoride to their water, so you're not safe there, either.

16. ^Worth noting fluoride isn't meant to make them whiter, it's meant to strengthen them (at least that's what the purpose is at the dentist's).

Also, sodium is an explosive metal, chloride is a highly toxic gas, but put them together, and you get table salt. Compounds don't do the same thing as the pure element.

17. Are there any studies that show that ingesting fluoride improves dental health? And if so, what is the mechanism?

18. ^More specifically, it's used to prevent decay. And this is in the interest of counter-arguing, I don't know enough about the health implications to choose a side right now. Here's an article though, with cited research:

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Fluoride/P ... ction.aspx

19. Fluoride is for suppressing the growth and functions of the pituitary, pineal and thymus glands.. Sodium fluoride is added to the water so that we become mindless zombies that don't think for ourselves and wont fight back against our overlords..

Oh wait,
    *cough cough* illuminati *cough cough*