Building Method Proposal

Discussion in 'Ideas + Feature Requests' started by Naughtiest, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Hey everybody! I posted something similar to this back in 2011, thought I would give it another go with a few changes.

KaW for it's majority likes to operate with a medieval theme. If I wanted to build a castle back in that era, I would not require to save up 100% of the resources but progressively build the castle as the resources presented themselves.
    My main gripe with the new buildings is the sheer amount of gold that I need to hold out to do the L9/L10 upgrades.

Hence to my proposal, I think it would be great if we could build in parts!
    Where if my next upgrade was 5Trill and I had 500b out, I could place the building down and it would show 10% completed.
    Obviously you would only get the building stats and plunder from it when 100% completed.

This could be implemented with a progression meter for each building and it's corresponding level upgrade.
    Where it would be updated with the gold put into the building's next level construction until 100% completion.

• This would make PvP easier, as a majority of players stay away from it because of the high value denomination of upgrades that are required now. I can't be expected to hold 5T out for a upgrade when I'm taking inc.
    • You can literally bank gold into buildings! No matter how little you have out.
    • I believe this system would be more in theme with the medieval era.

I would imagine something like would be a major change in how it has always been, but I for now do not see what could go wrong with this.
    If anything, it's only going to aid PvP and non spending players and make it easier to build complete.

The standard 20% refund mechs on a building sale would apply.

How does the community feel about this?

2. Didn't read all the way but support

3. Take out 35%-50% when you sell what you put in and sounds good

4. I like this idea! Support!!!

5. Interesting idea, but it would kill pvp, no risk no reward imo, it's a risk you take to hold that much gold out, you take inc, well that's your problem. Bank better.

6. I like it. But rikki does have a point with PvP risk.

7. No support. Hold allies and have a clan member strip you. Or do it all while blitzing. It's already easy as is to bank gold.

8. That's just it, I'm not going to hold 5T out if I'm actively PvP-ing, I'd probably do a train and stay pinned if I have funds out, and bank if I can't be active.
    Currently trains/blitz are how players gather the funds to do bigger upgrades whilst in PvP.
    So there isn't much of a risk to begin with.

Esentially the only serious risk with PvP/OSW is being stripped.

9. I disagree with killing pvp. It would make planning more important. You can't risk your enemy growing stronger than you or to the point the war can turn quickly. It would add another aspect of war to watch out for.

Support OP

10. No support.

11. No support that's what silver bars or allies are for

12. I like this idea although I feel a few changes would help balance this change.

Seeing as banking is expensive and this idea removes the banking tax (25% loss) there should also be a tax on putting funds into the buildings. A 10% tax sounds fair to me which would make a 7t upgrade actually cost 7.78t (2dp). Yes there is an extra cost but for the convenience of paying in instalments which is safer than leaving gold out but cheaper than banking.

I personally think it should be that you are unable to sell, buy or upgrade any other buildings until the current building you're slowly buying is paid off. This would make it so that people who do this are committed to this upgrade especially seeing as they get it at a lower tax rate than silver bars.

Just a couple small suggestions that I think would further this idea. Also overall I actually like the idea has potential but it does also take a lot of risk out of pvp and upgrading so some people will like it and others will hate it.

This has potential but it's not really needed when the devs can can justify not adding this by saying to bank in bars.

13. I agree except with the tax part....its not exactly "banking" if you can't pull it out...as far as making growing faster. I don't see how you grow faster if you only get the upgrade bonus after its fully completed. what it would do is increase PvP/war participation...which I for one would love to see. wars have slowly been going back to less people doing them. especially with ll unless youre with an established ee clan your only option is to hope some random noobs try out to even participate.. or try and do your own and hope people bother to join. maybe allowing to put all your available gold into a partial ug would increase the numbers maybe. worth it to try imo

14. I understand what you're saying about the tax but there needs to be a small cost involved for the safety of safely investing your gold into a building. Also I never mentioned about growth being faster

15. Yes please. Support

16. It seems nice, I like the tax idea though, it helps with inflation and you have to sacrifice something for the bigger upgrades you couldn't regularly afford :lol:

17. sorry I was being lazy. someone else Said it would help people grow faster and I just didn't feel like quoting again as my post was lost the first time I typed it up