KaW: The Success Story

Discussion in 'Ideas + Feature Requests' started by KoS2, Mar 19, 2016.

1. @SkyFire Thats a good point. I think EBs are a great way of attracting new players, but unfortunately, I think it drastically lowered KaW's retention rate. Every tap tap game has something like EBs.

2. Though I agree that wasnt the point lol it was that most people just play this way and not the "old" way because that's what we got used to doing from start

3. You're right there..

It's seems that Kaw acts as a beacon for socially awkward, mentally unstable, general all around good people based solely on the illusion of teamwork and thus a feeling of belonging..

This is just a social experiment that has become much more than anyone could have imagined.. It's all here, all the sins, all kinds of psychos, stalkers, and kid touchers all forced to work together and coexist, just like the real world.. It's a very interesting place and because there are no perceived real world ramifications, people act extra crazy...

Kaw is it's own self contained little world, and that's why it lasts.. Well mostly it's because of all the drama, and we're all drama lamas at heart.. Everyone wants to watch a train wreck..

Sooooo yeah that's my take on this crazy ass place, and I stay for the lolz.. And the unicorn robot Rp..

I love it

4. I prefer Power Puff RP myself but to each their own.

5. mmmmhhh, no old kaw wasnt a free for all, it was a mass of people farming the same inactive hoping their inactive farms werent all dtw, in which you would then hit someone on battle list no more than 5x, if anything with the growth of clans modern kaw is more pvp friendly for osw than the first year, yes i know hard pill to swallow but thats honestly how it was, the true pvpers have always been very small percentage

6. How long ago did you achieve your 6 year badge?

7. Success story? After 6 years there's 10-20k active players. I call this a failure no matter how I look at it.

8. Whooo, im not the only one who signs my name at the end

9. Does prime ever shut up?

10. It's going to be okay bud.. Let it all out

11. I second this

12. I feel the success is down to 3 things 1)Simplicity 2)Sense of Belonging 3)Thirst for power
    1) Simplicity: the app didn't have too much graphics and was easy to begin even for a novice. Many helpful players to 'volley' and guide you to grow and learn. You could play the game for just a few hours and come back to it anytime you want
    2) Belonging: Everyone has this basic need. Even the most reclusive individual has an equal opportunity to 'belong' to a group without fear of rejection or embarrassment
    3) Thirst for power(Ambition): Anyone can be powerful. Just lots of dedication, diligence and teamwork can develop your kingdom to be 'almighty'

13. I think its silly to say that a game that has been out for 6 years isnt successful. The fact that it could be more successful isnt of as much consequence. It did more than most apps have.

14. Only because a game is maintained in App store/Google Play Store doesn't make it successful. Because that's exactly what is happening to KaW: is mentained in app store. Nothing more. There's over 3 years since the last major content update (ee wars). Past 3 years the game was linear and without HTE probably would be shut down long time ago. Successful? You are successful when you go beyond your potential. During these 6 years millions of people downloaded this game. Yet only few dozens of thousands are still playing it. That makes most likely less than 1% of those who ever downloaded the game. So in my opinion KaW managed to take advantage of less than 1% of potential...very successful.