A call to arms... sort of

Discussion in 'Other KaW Discussion' started by -BREEZY-, Mar 19, 2016.

1. I've been part of 3 great during my kawreer.
    enlightened warriors 2010 - 2011
    dragons elite 2012 - 2014
    rawwrrr 2015 - 2016
    I regret not getting to know the folks at rawwrrr better during my time there, but the game hasn't had the same allure for me as it used to. Because of this my activity and social interactions have been limited.

As I write this, I realize it sounds like a retirement thread. It's not. I just wanted to share a tiny bit of my history, so that if anyone reads this they know I've got some history and my opinions might have a bit more validity.

For me, what made this game great at one time was truly belonging to a clan, but the money grab efforts of the devs continue to ruin good clans. Not that I blame them - it's a business and I'd do the same thing. I'm just stating a fact. EE wars were incredible at times, but their mismanagement has hurt the game. And I won't even go into HTE other than to say it has been the most significant reason for the downfall of the game in my opinion. There are other threads that go into more detail and reasoning - this isn't one of those threads.

This thread really is a call to arms. It is unique however, in that I don't have a particular person/clan/alliance/etc I want anyone to join me in hitting. I am however speaking to a specific group of people. Those vets like myself that have had enjoyed this game over the years, but realize that the best times (for them) are past. Those who have put in the time to grow their accounts but begin to lose interest for various reasons and consider retirement or doing other things with their account that are against ToU.

I've seen so many people leave this game, and I've considered it myself on many occasions. What I decided about a month ago is that I have zero interest in growing my account anymore. And because of this freedom, I can do whatever I want with no consequences. Suddenly the game is a bit more interesting.

My personal vendetta is against big alliances in general. I think they're bad for the game. The vast majority of people agreed that zaft needed to go down. Apoc did that, and then became them. Good job.

So if you don't care anymore, don't quit, take a stand for what you believe in and make a difference.

[​IMG]

2. Use [/imgfit]

It looks prettier.

3. Is this a poor man's "Line In The Sand"....?

You are no Ahdragos sir.

4. Dragons elite was so long ago  I miss arik

5. Nice post. Gotta admit I'm been starting to feel the same way lately. But the question is, what are you going to do about it?

6. Very interesting post.

Reserved for later opinion and time.

7. All the Osw Clans/alliances worth mentioning have been at war for a long time now. HTE and event rewards allow us to wage unending war. Even when there are clear losers, as long Apheruin's teet drips boutifully, Osw will rage on to no end.

So I ask you, what do you plan to do? Band a few rag tag clans together? Have them hit the big alliances or just focus on one?
    Be a thorn in the side for a month or two then give up after you get completely ignored or completely obliterated? Or do you have other less obvious plans?

8. Well yeh just hit these big alliances that are supposedly ruining the game it is a game of war after all gl op.

9. This is very, very true. War is stretched all across the big alliances right now, and has been for a while, despite there certainly being a winning side.

10. Anyone know where to find that thread?

11. I also think big alliances are bad for kaw...or well just an inevitable part of it. But they are like an ever present "empire" of sorts.

12. I fully agree Breezy

The clannies are what's interesting

But the interesting clannies only,

Those that want/need to be a part a a large alliance a liken them to Yankee or Cowboy fans, they just want to be part of a winning team, even if they don't have an integral part

13. BAHAHAHAH

14. Was a member of Dragons Elite for 2 1/2 years (stinkfist). When it died so did my interest in kaw , I lucky to pop on 2-3 times a week now.

The days of wars at DE season 1 and before was great but little by little as dev refused to fix their game and constant making it worse with every update was a joke.

Long live Dragons Elite , you guys rocked

15. Apoc did not destroy zaft. Zaft destroyed itself when its leaders quit. The old zaft vs apoc/uc war zaft actually beat both their asses

16. And yes i agree with the op....but their will always be huge alliances. One dies another pops right back up. Its human nature for 95% of the population to flock to the biggest group they can find. We like to think we as humans are individuals and courageous, but the vast majority are sheep and cowards.

17. well put

18. Yup

19. Arik def put together a great group at DE, and I was proud to be a part of those early EE days 

We all have diff reasons for sticking around and being where we are, and I have mixed feelings about giant alliances in general, but ur on to something when u say the decision not to chase stats brings a freedom to the game...

Cheers to DE, for those who know 