The Owl and the Boar

Discussion in 'Past Events' started by [ATA]Grant, Mar 3, 2016.

1. we'll see :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

2. Nothing to see, you argued a point and tried to denying caring & still insist to post a threat behind the safety of a practically statless account. Simply because you could not find an intelligent way to defeat the point I brought to the debate.

3. 1. youre an idiot
    2. youre a noob
    3. shut up

4. Lmfao yet more inspirational words I see?

5. I understand you are upset you don't get as high a reward as a larger account but lets put it this way. If accounts were rewarded the same no matter what their size was it would be unfair. Imagine you got 400 silver bars as a reward from the event. That's 900b you have which for a small account is a lot of gold. For a bc account that's not actually that much. The same goes for equipment.

Grow after you get your event rewards and you will earn far more next event. Honestly you have very little to complain about because all these big builds you don't think deserve better rewards had to grow when events didn't hand over a weeks worth of gold to you or even more depending on how you rank.

6. When I started, back in 2010 there were no events. Consider yourselves lucky newbs

7. How do u figure out if you made your account before the 3rd? Cuz I just started playing again after years, and I'd like to qualify for overall rewards

8. Check achievements, you got you 1 week achievement 3 days ago on the 6th im assuming so you might qualify

9. lucid I looked at your account and you have been playing for 10 day so you joined just after the event started. You won't be eligible for the faction rewards sadly however you still are eligible for the tiered rewards which will still give you a huge boost to grow.

10. Might be more accurate than my guess

11. like i said i have a main and alts are inactive so doesnt affect me. 42 spears for 2 full unloads is pathetic disagree with me all you want i dont give a .

12. To BC it costs almost 150T. But you're right, 1.1T is just too much!! :roll: 1.1T will give them such an advantage over the rest of us.

13. More and more equipment. Any good use for them devs? O yea.... we do not have a good reason to get more equipment haha half the people on your top 500 never even use that equipment for anything :)

15. How many forks and spears make one crest ?!?!

16. One Pitchfork Head and one Broken Spear are needed to create one Royal Crest! :)

17. I respectfully suggest that the reward tiers lack an appropriate inflection. I have 21000 of these royal crests (or whatever they are called) ... which is more than double the highest fixed reward tier (10K) but out of the running for a competitive "top 100" tier. The kawmunity would be better incentivized with more appropriate reward levels (i.e., getting zilch for 2x the top level seems silly and there is no incentive to engage in - and spend on -the final push today).

18. I just cast 13 older *legit* accounts into the event, some of them barely have LL filled.
    6 of them ended up in Golden boars.
    That's 3000 Silver bars. 6trill+
    Don't you think it's rather flawed to offer out 500 for a faction win?

I just made 3k SB without doing anything.

19. That both posters are unhappy with the event progress and rewards appropriate for their activity makes it worthwhile to analyse what it is different about this event. The devs have given us a combination of event mechanisms resulting in something new (to me at least), especially the winning faction rewards.

The lack of transparency over which buildings and which epic battles are better for event drops requires the community to work together to pool experiences and guidance. We know there are upper caps for each epic battle regardless of your damage dealt. In my experience spy builds tend to do better in events, so for me Reckoning was consistently more rewarding than Evanescence. However for warrior builds it was the other way around. So as a clan admin I then have to balance what is good for me against what is good for everyone else.

I hit my target of 5,000 crests a few days ago, which is consistent with my previous event records and I'm happy with that. 10k is do-able through HTE, but if you look at the leaderboards they are dominated by Lotl and Asof warriors rather than HTE.

So while it's true that success is self-perpetuating it's also worthwhile remembering that epic battles are only one route to success. Pvp is much more rewarding, and 10k was easily achievable from pvp blitz (after tweaking) and wars alone. Blitz is notionally a level playing field for bigs and smalls (bigs don't receive extra drops just because they're big), but in fact is more advantageous for smalls because of the ability to constantly attack bigger accounts, especially those generous individuals who open themselves for steals and attacks. Moderate activity in both blitz and wars (assuming you know how to war) should result in at least 10k.

But then there is a conspicuous lack of a 15k reward tier, and lack of a war tokens leaderboard (that in previous events rewarded the same epic-level equipment as the actual event leaderboard), and to me this is obviously intentional. It purposefully caps the achievable rewards so that big accounts will not automatically receive a superior payout, and therefore levels the playing field with smaller accounts.

The war rewards for the event are fantastically generous compared to what they used to be and there is no valid excuse for shunning war and then complaining about the poor eb drops and your overall event performance. If you can only be moderately active and you have done your best in all three areas then be happy; you've done your best and you've worked hard for your rewards.

As we're near then end I'd also like to add my thanks to the devs for giving us such an interesting and enjoyable event. Shame about the bugs though, better project management is required!

20. Totally worth it