Should KaW Be 18-Plus Age-Rated?

Discussion in 'Other KaW Discussion' started by Imitation-Cheese, Mar 14, 2016.

1. It's a simple question, really. I don't have any sense of how many of you aren't legal adults yet, so what do you think? Should we petition ATA to bump up the age rating, so we don't have to worry about silences in WC and censorship in our forum?

What are the pros of changing the age rating and what are the cons? Do you support increasing the age rating or should it stay as is?

THIS ISNT THE PLACE TO COMPLAIN OR QUESTION THE ACTIONS OF MODS AND SUPPORT STAFF. DOING SO WILL RESULT IN BEING REPORTED AND RISKING HAVING YOUR POST DELETED AND POSSIBLY A FORUM SUSPENSION!

2. I think I've seen that Apple set the age limit for the game. I could be wrong.

3. I have no sense of how the age rating is determined.

4. Nah. Would definitely put some people off.

5. If we stop youngsters playing how will we learn the new rude words?

I think it should be left as is.

6. KaW can only be rated up to 17 plus, 18 plus is not allowed to be on the AppStore.

Source: https://developer.apple.com/library/ios ... Steps.html

7. Maybe op meant google play store?

9. I meant for both the app and play stores.

But the point isn't about the specific number, just whether you think it should be increased to allow for more adult content.

10. We should have 2 kaws, kiddy Kaw, and Kaw with strippers and poker and blackjack for the adults...

Thank Bender for that, he's made of 40% ideas

11. I like that idea, prime :lol:

12. ...As a 16 year old where would I fit in? :?

13. Either way, you would have to raise the age on all platforms, meaning Google Play, and the AppStore, and wherever else KaW is accessible from. Like it was from Mochi games.

Really the only way to up the age rating is to up the mature content and object to the rating. However, I really cannot see that happening.

14. I've been saying it for years... Forums at least, should be 17 plus .. It's not like the kids like Jackson, yamashita, and Sasuke really have anything to contribute to any of the conversations...

Just my two cents, that the Devs can't have..

15. Meh. Probably should, but what happens to all the underage players? Can't just ask them to stop playing after investing possibly years and money into the app.

Besides, PIMD is 17 plus and I sure as hell don't want KaWs wc to turn into that.

16. Determining what the age requirement should be is probably a difficult process. Do we raise it and allow for less restrictions in WC and forums? Do we leave it as is and continue to see forum activity go down and have players as if they can't talk about anything? Do we raise it and lose a small portion of the player base? Will we lose some if the player base anyway? Will an age requirement of 17+ actually prevent anyone below that playing?

It comes down to what benefits the devs most. 9 year olds are less likely to be able to spend on the game than 18 year olds are. Not to say that they won't spend but it's more dependant on their parents/guardians. IMO atm, it seems people are walking on thin ice - trying to figure out what they can and can't say because the ToU is blurred and mods and devs alike are coming down harder and harder on what's said. We are probably losing players because of this. It makes more sense to raise the age requirement to allow people to talk than slamming a big piece of tape on someones mouth and telling them to shush. I believe players below, let's say, 16 are in the minority compared to everyone else. So we're restricting a majority because there might be kids playing.

I believe the age restriction is what's killing off forums. We can talk and joke less and less than what I've ever seen before. And why? Because it's inappropriate for a 9 year old. Solution? Raise the age requirement. Then anyone who plays the game can't complain when there's adult/mature content.

And really, let's be honest, the age requirement won't stop underage people from playing. But then they can't cry when they see something their poor innocent eyes shouldn't.

17. Drgn,

Do you know if there is a way to let people under 17/18 play adult games with parental consent?

18. I have seen some games get around age restrictions by having it so that by default chat filters are on by default for everyone and it can be switched off however that won't work for kaw.

As has been said it's not fair to expect all the younger players who make up a considerable amount of the players to leave. I myself am above 18 age min and I find it highly unfair so it's not like my opinion is biased. Adult players tend to be more likely to spend but what's the point of spending if there is a small player base? Having more players who are free to play actually makes spending more beneficial instead of a must otherwise you are completely left behind.

19. No it should stay how it is now.

20. ...busboy, dishwasher, cocktail waitress, valet, coat check girl, maybe card dealer?

iPhone 