The Dread of Gray

Discussion in 'Ideas + Feature Requests' started by One-BaDaSs_PaiN-In_Ur-AsS_LiLi, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Threads in the last few months have been getting more and more depressing, it seems the player base needs something here to keep them happy

2. u are derailing my thread todd. U want an osw thread? Go make ur own.

3. The DarkHawks CR 12-24 HB 

4. Found out who Dumpling is lol ...that didn't take long 

5. I don't think anyone here has said that the effect of color on mood is supported by scientific evidence. Seems more like a suggestion than a statement of absolute fact.

Since the science doesn't prove one side or the other, we can look to similar science and make inferences. This is why Lili brought up depression and Washington state with its grey weather throughout the year.

While we don't know for sure one way or the other, I think it's pretty fair to say that the color (or lack thereof) of this forum has darkened the mood of the forum and has left many forumers upset and frustrated with the new layout due to its lack of color.

6. How difficult for the Devs would it to implement a feature where we can pick the colors of our choice?

7. Very difficult. I don't think I've ever seen a forum with such a feature.

8. This isn't their forum either they can only use the tools they're provided

9. And besides, it wouldn't make them any money.. I don't know if anyone has said this, but I didn't know the gestapo were editing ops now..

Sooooo yeah that's fun..

10. I get what your saying bout colours and seizures having seen a cpl ppl go through them, their entire mood changes before the onset of the seizure itself so if visual stimuli such as colour can result in seizures the mood swing is also a result from it, some of us may understand but many need a few more years to read up and learn more and get some knowledge first hand before they are able to comprehend properly. I admit the combined factors associated with winter in the northern hemisphere, less sunlight and greater consumption of alchohol during cold seasons make it harder to get clear cut evidence to support the forum depression alone at this time but i have noticed a change in mood since the release of the new forum layout.

11. Well I'm not saying colors would hurt any (lol) ...but OP is claiming the new scheme is a deliberate mind conditioning effort by the devs (read OP) er sum BS like that to subdue us...

..all I'm saying is if you're that easily "conditioned" or brain washed, subdued er whatever God help you lol

(anything but that neon blue lol)

12. haha u're not wrong there, marketing tricks don't work well on me atleast but if ata did have a decent marketing team (which i doubt lol) they'd deffinately look into colour schemes which appeal more to their intended demographics you'd think

13. @todd

Yes u are being conditioned. Even ur own behavior changed on forum. U are less confrontational.

Denial is just the first stage, todd. But u denying the facts doesn't mean they don't exist.

Color influence on mood has been known forever. Artists use it intuitively. Just look at paintings, classic movies, even literature. Mood is created through color.

Does this need more research? Definitely yes. But manipulation IS there and has been. U can hide ur head in the sand or u can say "no" to grey.

14. You moron it's not because of the color change ...it's like someone else already said it was gray to begin with  lol ..it's because of that damn report button by every post now lol ..but seems like "they"re in favor of little more freedom of speech so ima test the waters a little lol ..usually they're kind enough to warn me 1st lol ...so far no warnings. But honestly, for the most part I've been engaging pretty much on the up and up on this thread ...it's other that are responding without anything backing up what they're saying.

15. wut
    at some point u stop making sense, todd. u reached it.

16. its true the new colour doesnt make me stay for long on forums. its just like looking into darkness.But pimd new colour scheme for forums is white and purple and it draws you in wanting to see whats new on it.

17. Agreed the whole layout is just terrible. Harder to read and not even enjoyable to read. The older layout and even the one before it were an improvement over this. Thats my opinion atleast although truth be told all their improvements seem to be worse then what they already were, so im sure in a few months will probably miss this over whatever change they do next

18. I have, quite a lot of the vbulletin ones have atleast a couple of options on colour.