Monthly War Tourney

Discussion in 'Wars' started by Nighthawk_FPBO_1, Mar 7, 2016.

1. 1st off this is not a thread to seek support or no support. If your in the no support crowd you have no biz having input here. If don't want war or simply don't want to war there r many other threads for u to post on. I know some of the regular trollers will show up but idc. They seek attention or think i care but i don't. So lets move on to those who have constructive input n want to see more warring opportunities n war events.
    

The purpose:

The what....
    A monthly weekend war tourney.
    Can be week long also.

The why....
    To greater improve the fun for the war community and opportunity.

The when....
    2 Wars slots to enter.
    - 1) for North America/UK/Europe
    - 2) for Asia/Oz

The how....
    Thats where ideas n input comes in

If interested in this idea the more ideas n sampling the better n i will do my best to put together a well rounded presentation.

Let the fun begin n ty to those who post

3. War Tourneys could also be every 2 or 3 months instead if more suitable.

Thx again

4. I like it, could be lots of fun. I like the premise of a monthly tourney or a 4 week run with rounds.

Week 1: Trials, but not on a points system, like sports win / lose. All the participants that win have the option of competing in the following weeks round. Maybe you have to win 2 wars to advance. 2 loses and you're out.

Week 2: Semi Finals, all the winners from Week 1 now split and fight again. Same as Week 1, 2 wins advance 2 loses and you're out.

Week 3: Finals, same as week 2, except higher stakes. 2 wins, 1 lose and you're out.

Week 4: championship. All the remaining split into 2 teams. Might be 50 v 50, could be 7 v 7 who knows. Best 2 out of 3 wars. You are IN, if you fall asleep, go AFK, can't make it, too bad! You leak and hurt the team big time. That happens. You are disqualified from next 2 monthly tournaments and get the broken axe! (-50% eb plunder & pvp plunder for 1 month)

:)

5. Would a mini round robin be suitable for u?

Broken axe sounds intriguing.
    The penalties r up for discussion IMO

6. Like do that one weekend a month instead of all 4?

7. 1. You sign up with 15 people that you want to war with. Doesn't have to be from a clan
    2. When brackets are announced, all participants are moved to their respective clans (like indi)
    3. You're stuck with your build for the weekend
    4. Single elimination style tourney.
    5. Grand prize is a huge gold amount split between the winners.

8. Its all up for discussion.
    What is most popular would be best prolly.

Edit
    Whether a weekly playdown or a weekend is wide open at this juncture.

9. So as i understand it ppl sign up for a predesignated clan n war together?

10. Support would be fun way to spice ee up

11. They sign up together, and the devs put them in any clan, kinda like indi. That's important because for bigger clans like mine, we will have 3-4 rosters, and not enough clans to war from.

So my team would cast before the first tourney war time, and leave clan. Then we would be put in the same clan together against our opponents, just like indi.

12. Point well taken Fonzy 
    Thx for that input.
    All various input helps better define what can be most useful. All info ppl provide the better we can do n present a final draft.

13. Support 100% NightHawk bro . Although devs may think we LOVE events (which most do). It would be nice for 1 weekend a month to get a taste of pure wars, the idea of being set into a clan like ASWs all weekend seems very fun. Bringing more to the EE side of the KAWmmunity is what is needed, devs have done in events before but not "mini ASW style". Larger teams, say 20-25 man rosters again would be exciting as well. A 1 day trial would be good for devs to fix any mistakes that may occur. Looking forward to see if this will be done, possibly new type of weekend wars.  Bring back the warrior brotherhood!

14. My thoughts indeed bud. Thx

The more interest we can generate n provide an idea for war tourneys the better.
    Momentum is key moving forward.

15. The motivating force behind this thread is obvious.

The war community is small compared to KaW overall but any good war idea can draw upon the ppl in kaw if fun is offered n a reason they will participate.

All ideas r welcome to further promote a good presentation. New Warriors or old warriors alike can have more options to play n enjoy KaW.

16. The one thing I'd like to add is if it is tournament style, it would best best and even more fun for all if there was no "knockout". Say you lose your first war, you and your team may keep going. Total number of wins at the end, wins it.

17. That's not as stressful, or as exciting as a knockout tourney haha.

18. A small round robin can mitigate anyone wanting more than a 1 n done. My 2 bits.

That said a 1 n done is exciting also.

Edit:
    Or a losers side with good reasons to play can be an idea if 1 n done on the winners side.

19. Can also do "group pool play" so everyone is guaranteed 3 wars

20. A very good idea.
    Anything is good if more ppl can war or war in a style that suits them best.

In the end we want a ground swell n opportunity that reaches more ppl n the better that is the better the warring enjoyment.