Kingdoms At War: Left in the dust?

Discussion in 'Other KaW Discussion' started by -MF-, Mar 2, 2016.

1. "You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

And here, you can piss off most of the people most of the time.

2. Good point. I'm stating that I think having more Dev interaction wouldn't hurt to much. I understand the community can be confusing, but I believe the Kaw_Community should be talking to us way more often.

3. I disagree Step
    Gods should not talk to their peasants
    Peasants speak. Ask questions. Prey.
    Gods listen. They react, or don't react.
    Contact is never a good thing, for either party

4. I have watched this topic for a bit and honestly as has already been said KAW isn't dying. I myself have seen communities die and this is far from it. An example that is relevant is the ATA game meego. The wc there isn't restricted by speakers and it is slower than ours. That goes to show how much smaller their community is and that hasn't even shut down, although it's classed as a complete game and no more updates are happening.

Until kaw has less that 10k players that are even slightly active I wouldn't call kaw even close to being dead or dying. Let's look at a few points below that differenciates kaw from dead or dying games.

I want to mention a few points which isn't all there is to say but all I have to say right now.

Number of active players: We have at the very least 30-40k players that are active on a semi regular basis (once a week). I would estimate around 10-20k are active on a regular basis (every day or 2 at the least).
    Games that are dead or dying have far less than this although the number of active players will vary between game types. I personally would call kaw dead at around 5k players left playing semi actively.

Updates: Dead games don't receive updates. Dying games receive updates occasionally as an attempt to make the community thrive again but kaw receives updates and events on such a regular basis I wouldn't call it close to dying yet alone being dead.

Dev to community interaction: We get a lot of interaction and whether the community likes the results or not is irrelevant. We get some interaction so it's not like they have given up on kaw. I see them actively watching the forums on a regular basis too so they are clearly willing to invest time into reading our ideas and thoughts.

Plans for longevity: This is actually somewhere kaw falls down. The increase in inflation needs to be resolved otherwise it will be very difficult to join the community and have a chance at being competitive as a new player. It's already hard as it is but the rate of inflation is increasing at an exponential rate which is going to make it get worse and worse as time passes. This also remains true for event equipment as it has made EB and war equipment near useless in comparison and is also steadily increasing over time.
    Another similar point is that we haven't had new mods in nearly a year now. We have lost many over this period and although a few returned, the numbers are starting to dwindle. It does come across as not caring from the community point of view however I also understand that there are enough mods currently to handle the workload for the mods although with the side effect of having more pressure put on each mod and support.

Kaw isn't dying and I doubt it will for some time however it is at a point where some factors will need looking into in order to increase the life left in the game. I don't think graphics is an issue either as that is part of what makes kaw so attractive to players. It's so simple and easy to use.

5. Don't like forum change? No one here likes anything. Bunch of grumpy granddad's who growl at every change, but in a month you all get over it and enjoy it. Don't waste my time reading that crap, it happens every new release/update.

6. KaW is being left in the dust, it is a great game, yet its like an old trophy on a shelf just sitting there collection dust.

7. My team for this event is blue the original was considered too dark so the devs who apparently have no interest in this game anymore fine tuned the colour.

They have to pay artists and to do the art work for each new event as well.

They wouldn't do it if they didn't think it was worth the effort.

8. Thank you for your interesting replies :)

9. I've been working here at A Thinking Ape for over 2 years now, and even back then there were players who claimed KaW to be dying.

While it's a bold statement that comes up from time to time, it couldn't be further from the truth.

Ads
    Ads aren't as easy as throwing money and getting impressions. There's a science to it, and you have to be smart with advertising. Sure you could throw millions on a Superbowl ad, but ultimately, in the end, the value gained has to cover that ad. We do experiment with different types of ads, but again it wouldn't be cost effective to target people who already play our games or follow us on Facebook.

Issue Resolution
    We work to mitigate issues before they arise, but in some situations, we do encounter them. When this happens we work to fix technical and design-based issues quickly. That said, we track a number of variables internally and what is said in the forums versus what is done by players doesn't always match up.

While some may not like the current type of Free Nobility offers, many players do make use of the system.

Shared Features
    As a company, we have a number of different games. But they are just that, different games. While there are many common features between them, there are also ones that are not shared because they do not match the design, intent, or flow of the game.

SMASH may have daily rewards, but it doesn't have PM's, a proper event page like KaW, nor a Spinner feature like PIMD.

PIMD may have the relationships, but it doesn't have an event page like KaW, nor upgrades like SMASH.

These are just a few examples, but each game while similar at first glance goes it's own way with development. Features may ultimately find their way to other games, but it's not guaranteed, and it shouldn't be as not every feature makes sense for each game.

Apperance
    Kingdoms at War has been around for a long time, and you're right. There are several places where the game shows it's age. That said, many players are accustomed to the design and a complete overhaul is not necessarily the best option.

Over the past year, we worked to update the Loading Screen, Icon, and Branding displayed in the App Stores. We've also added a number of new features such as the Events Page, Startup Notices, and more in an updated visual style.

Feedback
    As many of you have seen, we continue to iterate on events integrating feedback from you on design, rewards, and more. The same can be said for new features where the changes proposed are both within the realm of possibility and make sense with our intended design.

We do listen to your feedback, but it's not the only deciding factor in what we do either.

Conclusion
    No, Kingdoms at War is not dying, nor being left in the dust. We've continued to provide new content, events, and features over the past year and will continue to do the same.

Not everything we do will be amazing or revolutionary, but should move towards creating a better game in some way.

10. Thanks for commenting on the thread Kaw_Community.

11. By eliminating support for the older operating systems, I hope this means an update that betters KaW soon, as now they don't have to waste time coding for the handful of people whom are still playing on their Nokia's.

12. Answer: Yes. The end. And it's been painfully obvious for quite some time.

13. The game is not dying, only evolving,

1- yes game needs to be updated from T1-T5 , plunder increase Was good, But drop equip needs to be updated to reflect how players have grown,

2- they need to stop putting to Many junk equip replacing other EvEnt junk equip.. If this is The case The. Let us sell our equip in a market place !

3- This game is their Golden rooster. It doesnt really need ads, or anything else, The full aspect is The social Life and friends you make along The way, you have to check The age of Ppl who Play this game.

4- Kaw is Here and wil Remain , there is moré than just EB in this game... So have fun and simple relax and smile.

PS. This is for Ata owners , stop The ads that make The game slow!! Just make a good last update for older devices , everyone has The right to Play with any device they want... Dont let The player basé die just because you make a slow loading game for newer devices.. Thank you

14. People have been saying that KaW is dying for as long as I can remember... And I've been playing 5 years. Maybe it's true, maybe it's not, I'm not part of their financial committee. Regardless, ATA is a company, plain and simple. They provide games, and if the games are frequented and make them money, they improve upon and build upon that. If it doesn't do as well as they want it to, that'll reflect in the game in most instances. Listen, KaW is old. I've never heard of a game like this, where people play for years and years with the same fervor. Based on that, the devs don't need to be in a huge hurry to keep people's attention, they already have it. But that's just my two cents.

15. Reserved for a reply to everyone's comments :D

16. Agree. Seems like every few weeks a thread like this makes the rounds n KaW is still here.
    Its all about the Benjamins n KaW keeps on ticking n no sign of it going away.

17. They dont advertise kaw bc its almost impossible for new players to join. The endless streams of events that drop trillions at a time paired w the endless gold give old players a huge lead. New players dont have a chance. And kaws crappy pvp n war mechs make noobs able to b hit by players w years on them. Its a money suck to pay for the other games. I accepted that a few months ago when i dropped build. Logged back on to check n respond to pms. Read forums n c nothing has changed. Not surprisingly

18. Full support

Clever one liner aimed at those foolish enough to take a position different than mine.

Smug self satisfaction due to self perceived superiority over the forum plebes.

19. I like clever one liners. They keep the blood flowing and the veins ripped.