Kingdoms At War: Left in the dust?

Discussion in 'Other KaW Discussion' started by -MF-, Mar 2, 2016.

1. An interesting point with an interesting analogy!

2. $160,000 in revenue last year if my source is correct. They have less then 100 employees, based out of Washington. I'd keep going for that amount.

3. ATA has done a pretty decent job lately keeping KaW out of the background. Back when Philo was still reporting on osw's and stuff, he mentioned his trip to ATA. He said that in all reality, they weren't putting work into it. He said there was really only 1 guy working the KaW stuff, and the rest of the staff was focused on other stuff.

Looking back on the previous state of the game, I can seriously believe that. But I think the staff at ATA have kicked themselves in the ass a little bit and brought some much needed light to the game.

There's been a serious improvement to the game this past year, and devs are listening to the community more and more. The new clan structure was something that I'm personally "proud" of the devs for taking on and giving us what we asked for.

However they may not do everything the way we want it, better what it is now than if they didn't listen to us at all.

4. ....... I don't agree with a lot of this
    I think KAW is still successful, and if you don't like/enjoy it, then quit?

5. Glad I read before posting, I was about to say almost exactly the same thing.

6. PIMD is rated 17 years old and up, KaW is rated 9 years old and up. I wouldn't say PIMD is for a younger audience.

7. In all fairness, with all its flaws kaw is the superior game. Even without all the added extra flash & flare we have a continuously growing player base & the devs are slowly but surely making things better.

Ads were a complete flop no denying that one,however your looking at things all wrong. Pimd & Smash has to have the extra features to keep players interested. I do support kaws rating going up to 17+ however even being the eldest if thr games its still standing stronger than ever.

I've tried Pimd & smash as well as the drift game they got rid of. Kaw while seemingly outdated in a way still reigned vastly over Ata's other games.

I'm all for adding extras to kaw in fact daily log in bonuses & achievements that give a bonus would be amazing. Promos even have there ups & downs.

Compare the last aqua/inferno promo. "Certain battles dropped aqua & others dropped inferno" Devs did listen & set certain battles to drop tokens & allowed you to decide what you wanted them to be. Plus for the first time Allowed an extra hour after their fact to let you convert left over tokens. Promo was bogus (IMO), but still proof that they are trying to improve to increase player popularity.

As the old saying goes "If its not broken, why fix it?" It may not apply to everything on kaw but it applies to quiet a bit if you think about it.

8. I do agree that ads would definatley spread this game to the public, and more people would come. I also believe a bit more work needs to be done by the devs to improve this game to the level you want it to be.

9. Support

10. I think we have to get out of this mentality of if you don't like it quit, why not be able to express ones reasons for disliking the game and try and see where can be improved upon, and yes you unfortunately can't please everyone but there also has to be a viable compromise

11. No one gives a crap...everything will die.this is just a waste of time anyways, why not just quit and not worry about such trivial discussions

12. I love the new forum updates. I am curious as to why pimd is getting so much and kaw isn't. I always thought Kaw made ATA the most money

13. I take it you haven't checked out the other ATA games that the devs are supposedly focusing on?

SMASH Monsters hasn't seen new content for the last 7 months. The Devs have an almost nil existence there, except the regular event threads.
    The forums are dead. Threads with 0 replies are a common occurrence.
    The game itself has around 5k-6k active players a day, which is abysmally poor for a game that's been around for 2+ years.
    The game has come crazy potential, but the devs haven't done much with it. They're okay being mediocre.
    No regular updates, bad business practices, that's ATA for you.

Looking at SMASH, safe to say that kaw receives more attention and updates.

14. *warning! Post contains opinions*
    To be honest I think making a new game from scratch is a much more appealing for ata. I don't blame them. To not be limited by the current mechanics and "engine" of an existing one while applying past experiencess seems like the best option.

Well.. It's not. Ata you should be looking at kaw and work on an expansion. A new game with the same players/accounts but made fresh from the ground up all builds and allies and the rest converted into something equally meaningful.

As a compromise you can even make the transfer a one time snapshot and run both games deperatly from there.

15. Having modded a dead game (FC), I would like to assure you that this is nothing like what "the end" looks like.

It doesn't look like bulk events, tournaments, EE wars, forum updates, steady Dev forum presence, new ebs, roc amendments, and etc. It looked more like the Hunger Games, except there was no hot chicks, cool backstory, and no one leaves the arena.

Anywho, if the devs stop supporting the game, they will tell you. We got two-three years notice in FC.

16. I have been believing this game is dying for a year now, yet it's still here. Last event i collected 1 inferno token and 1 aqua token until 5 min left of the event, then converted. On inferno lb i was ranked about 23k at the end and around 18k on aqua. Thats 41k players to me. 50% is alts, so thats a 20.5k player base. That isnt much, at all, kaw needs more to keep existing. But it's not dead, yet.

17. Meh, this is true and boring. I honestly don't think people actually believe that the end is near, except for the street preacher types. The same nonsense was sputed for years and is still spouted in wow forums. It makes good entertainment imo.

18. TL;DR.

Games come and go, rl goes on.

19. Well, not to be a downer but.. yeah

20. OK so you want things to look like the newer games yet the forums in smash and kaw are identical apart from smash is mostly blue and this is mostly grey,and you say kaw forum shouldn't look like that.

This is why it's difficult for the devs to make changes that look like they are listening to feed back as most feed back contradicts itself.

Usually when something important goes wrong like the battle cry button overlapping problem, not only did they listen they fixed it. When the fix made a problem with the US scrolling down ebs they fixed that as well. They work hard for kaw still we might not agree with everything but you can see them doing stuff.