Understanding The New Forum Icons

Discussion in 'Other KaW Discussion' started by Imitation-Cheese, Feb 27, 2016.

1. OK, I finally figured it out. No, I don't like it, but this is what the dictator devs have given us, so we have to accept it or delete the app and make a butthurt thread about how much this game sucks before rage quitting.

I'm accepting it and hopefully shedding some light for anyone who might still be corn-fused about the changes with respect to the thread icons.

Have I Posted Yet?

The inside of the icon tells you whether you’ve posted on the thread or not.
    Dark means you haven’t and lighter means you have.

Are There New Unread Posts?

The outer part of the image tells you whether there are new unread posts.
    Lighter means there are new posts you haven’t seen yet, and darker means you have seen the latest post on the thread.

[​IMG] means you haven’t posted on the thread, and there are new unread posts.

[​IMG]means you have posted on the thread, and there’s a new unread post.

[​IMG] means you haven’t posted on the thread, but you’ve read the latest post.

[​IMG] means you’ve read the latest post, and that you posted on it.

Again - I think the new color scheme deserves four thumbs down, but we can't do a damn thing about it except piss and moan.

Good luck, and I hope this helps. :|

2. Thanks Cheese. Only changing either the speech bubble or the background would have been better. But we must work with what we have. I'm sure we'll learn it in time :)

3. Thanks, Cheese! This will help people see the difference between the icons! :)

4. Awesome thread cheese. Just noticed the little pun.xD

5. I'm to lazy to make a thread about hating the new system so I'll just place my hate here.
    Im quitting this new system sucks, thanks devs
    #nolubfromtheking

6. THANK YOU! The distinction between the different greys had left me so confused.

7. The lack of colour is bad enough, but it's even more confusing because lighter centre = posted, but darker outside = read. Surely a lighter outside should indicate that it's been read....

8. Great guide and explanation i still don't get it though

9. This new layout so bad.