Upcoming Forum Revamp

Discussion in 'Past Announcements' started by [ATA]Grant, Feb 23, 2016.

1. I don't see why we can't have off topic posts. It adds a bit of diversity to the forums and allows for discussion about lots of different things. If the topic is a break of ToU, the mods and devs usually respond pretty quickly. That's the whole point of an off topic part of forums. The social part of KaW is a big part of the app, makes sense for the forums to reflect that also. Forums are means of communication as are wall, PMs, world, clan and ally chat. Should we restrict those to only KaW related discussion also?

Some nice tweaks and additions, devs. :) This is what KaW needs; improvements on features already part of KaW.

2. Good to see some active development. Cheers.

3. Problem is the off-topic section has become cancerous that it is already affecting gameplay. If you get a different opinion about certain topics, you will get bashed by insults. This is a war game not facebook or any other social media. You want to make your point? Go war with other players, not like throwing lumps of mud to other players in the forums.

4. Last forum update was huge, glad it's getting some fine tuning.
    Thanks.

5. If this forum becomes limited to only game related conversations, I won't have a reason to play. I'd have a hard time finding a reason to come back. I'm a modest spender. Maybe a couple hundred bucks a year. Does my use of this app add sufficient value to the game to keep off topic threads around? Who knows.

For me, I come for the forum and play between posts. Buy I'm sure I represent a very small minority.

In any case, the forum updates are appreciated. Thanks, devs <3

6. I'll say it again, when people are this sensitive it becomes more and more apparent that people are too immature to talk about real life situations.. Kaw forums needs to have an age restriction.. Children like the ones mentioned above do not add anything to the game or conversation and therefor should not be catered to.. Admin knows who hangs out in forums and what the deal is, so why all the pandering to the kiddies?

Everyday it seems like you don't want adults to play your game, is that what's going on here?

I feel discriminated against..

7. Thanks devs, now could you update the game?

Maybe even the pvp aspect since this game revolves around war...

8. Lol at this person who claims to speak for "the General KaW population."

9. Please explain how it is cancerous and effecting game play. Take note there is a difference between killing forums (I assume that's what you mean by 'cancerous') and players being too immature to respond in a civl and mature manner.

The people who bash others for different opinions are the players incapable of responding constructively. It's not the forums fault for players being unable to hold a discussion without it eventually becoming personal. You can either discuss civilly and argue reasonably or you can be a child, cry and throw insults when people don't agree with you. You can be close minded or open minded.

On your logic about 'making a point' we ought to get rid of all aspects of communication on the game as this is a 'war' game and not a 'social' one.

The social aspect is just as big as the game itself, if not bigger. Don't appeal to restricting peoples ability to discuss. Instead try and encourage people to respond constructively and without bringing personal issues into a matter.

10. Only problem with pvp is it doesn't pay well, nothing wrong with the system. You can still hit people

11. Heyyyy! Did I give you permission to use that?!?

12. How old is the system, Sir?

13. Agree.. Steals should pay substantially more, infact everything should pay like double what it does now.

Edit: everything in PvP

14. Not even they just need random drops from pvp, pots, mithril, horns seals, xtals

15. So do we get to meet Ruby?

16. I want to meet Derek.

17. Yay! This looks really good, I like it! :D

18. You can turn the online indication off on pc. When you are in the game (not forums) you will not be 'online' so there shouldnt be a problem.

19. Wolfie approves