Upcoming Forum Revamp

Discussion in 'Past Announcements' started by [ATA]Grant, Feb 23, 2016.

1. Hey everyone,

Tomorrow we're going to be rolling out an updated forum theme, as well as a few new features to improve your forum experience.

In addition to the updated forum theme, there are a few changes to make it easier than ever to understand threads.

Announcements will have a Speaker icon, as well as a red-tinted background.

Stickied Topics will have a Pin icon, as well as a blue-tinted background.

Locked Announcements and Stickies will have diagonal lines.

Locked Posts will have diagonal lines and/or a Lock icon.

Unread Posts icons will appear lighter in colour,

Read Posts icons will appear darker in colour.

Posts you've commented in will have the center of the icon filled in with grey.

Posts themselves will also look quite a bit different, providing a more streamlined user profile above each post.

This profile box contains:
    - Username
    - Post Count
    - Post Date
    - Online Status Indicator (Already exists on PC forums, only indicates forum activity)
    - Delete/Edit/Quote buttons
    - Report Button (see below)

You will also be better able to identify members of the A Thinking Ape team, as well as our Moderators by a uniquely coloured profile box.

In addition to this coloured profile box, A Thinking Ape team members will have an Ape Icon beside their username, as well as their position listed below.

Over the next few days we'll be working to get a number of different members of our team on the forums, and will transition away from our existing kaw_admin/kaw_community naming scheme to a more personal one. Stay tuned for details.

Reporting

With this update, we're implementing a trial run of forum-based reporting. When you see a post that violates the Forum Code of Conduct tap the report icon on that post, select the appropriate report reason, provide details (when necessary), and send it our way. We'll review these reports regularly.

Our goal is to better address forum violations and create a more welcoming and friendly environment.

2. Please get rid of online status for posts, I don't need people knowing that

3. Get rid of online status ....

4. This isn't new, as it's existed on the PC version of the forums forever. It only indicates forum status, and not in-game status.

5. Wow sounds great. Genuinely can't find any downsides to this. Except of course the eventual deaths of our beloved kaw_admin and kaw_community :'(
    RIP

6. Pretty <3

7. We'll have shiny new names, fear not!

8. Looks great although as mentioned above please remove the online status due to it making it easier to track someone.

Edit: Thanks for clearing up about the online status :)

9. I hope so. It feels like we've grown so close over these years...
    But in all seriousness more personal names sound better and more transparent.

10. Looks so good, I want it now

11. kaw_community just feels so impersonal. It's not like I'm a robot.

Totally not a robot...

Yeah... not a robot!

12. It would be more convincing if your gears didn't creak when you said that

13. yeeessssss

14. YESSSSS

EXCITED!

15. How shiny? I dont wanna go blind or nothing

16. My biggest question!

Will we have new PC emojis?

I love:

:) :p

Also, Polls are awesome!
    Consider em pls❤️

17. K whatever.

Where's the pet update?

18. For those wondering you can actually hide your online status in the forums (pc only)

19. Yeah polls would be nice. I understand it's probably too late for this update, but can't be too hard to implement later.

20. Wait, someone give me the TL;DR.

Did ATA make me forum mod?