Apple VS FBI

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Moose2, Feb 18, 2016.

2. When it comes down to it, no one is wrong in this situation. Both sides have valid reasons for their actions/concerns/demands. I think the FBI should take up John McAfee on his offer.

3. We may be called upon to make that ultimate sacrifice, every one of us signs that contract, everyone of us raise our right hand and swear we will defend this nation and give our lives doing so if that is necessary. That is an understanding, from my knowledge you yourself have not served? What I am trying to say is if we have that vital Intel that may be in that phone and may come into play in future events, that would save the life for someone giving theirs so your children can grow up with the freedoms you want them to have, you wouldn't want them to have it? You're children have nothing to fear if they aren't texting their friends about blowing up the Empire State Building, having a confirmed domestic terrorist conspirator unlocked to extract Intel isn't a police state, it's evidence. Why do you defend a p.o.s. that wouldn't think twice to turn a gun on your children? Have you gone mad? The political correctness is over the top!

THESE are killers of INNOCENT American civilians. I don't give a damn if they go through a killers phone, what rights do they deserve after taking the rights of so many others away. Think about your kids never seeing you again because someone unloaded a AK-47 clip into you or used an IED to blow you into a million peices, think about that.

Think about the thousands of children whose parents parishes when the Towers went down. Take your head out of your ass and think about the great people that have died and let their deaths not be in vein.

And as for your quote not only did you leave something out you have taken it out of its context, he wrote that at a time when British soldiers were quartered in civilian homes, in a time without bombs capable of thousands of deaths, in a time with a King ruling from a 6 month voyage across the sea. There was no such thing as a cell phone then. So please do not even think that quote has any weight into today's society.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

4. ...again like a few others I think you're misunderstanding what the FBI is actually asking for

5. That would be every current and future customer of apple. Great logic...

6. Hmm, with that logic let's see. So you yourself are a Apple user? I know I am....have you received a subpoena? I sure as hell haven't. I got news for you jack ass! The apple user in question is a suspected criminal, and the phone is EVIDENCE. That's they key word there EVIDENCE. Your phone is not evidence, my phone is by evidence we have not committed treason. Guess what pal as long as we don't commit an act of terrorism chances are our phones will never be subpoenaed. Educate yourself, clown.

7. Lol Todd. You gave a bunch of "quotes". Ok..the law is bad. Why don't stand by Apple and go riot for them? ***** much?

8. Maybe I'm being dumb here, but a touch screen has a series of semi conductors that allow heat to pass through and activate certain functions. Semi conductors within touch screens begin to fade after use, hence why sensitivity decreases, to a certain extent. Could the FBI remove the casing, test the semi conductor placements to see which ones are more worn, use place,net logarithms to suggest possible passcodes, work out which passcodes fill a certain criteria, I.e, have patterns, easy type in, etc.., then just try those? Maybe I am being stupid, oh, anyone also bought up the fact Apple now have 6 digit pass locks? 

9. @Nightstalker 6 digit passcode is not available on iPhone 5c. That terrorist was a cheap ass.

10. So, I have discovered a new fact about this case.

This morning I was drinking my coffee and listening to NPR (so take my info for what it's worth, considering the source).

NPR stated that there were 70 instances in the past where Apple QUIETLY unlocked the phones of people to aid in investigations. What makes this case unique is that the FBI went pubkic immediately and didn't deal with Apple in a discrete way, thus apples resistance.

The new information still does not sway me, however. I refuse to believe that the NSA can't have some wiz kid figure this out. America was the first nation to split the atom. They were first and on,y nation to place people on the moon. America is leading the race in quantum computing (real quantum computer not built yet, but almost). In light of this, don't tell me they can't crack an iPhone. It doesn't wash.

I suspect this is more of a pissing match over territory and rights and ego than actual national security. Apple should stand it's ground, and the government should drop the kabuki theater and crack the damn iPhone

11. You are an idiot who can only see things in absolute black & white ..you lack the ability to understand anything in between. Obtuse would be the proper way to describe your simplistic view of things ....

....but let's be honest you're just really stupid (& a huge coward)

12. @Moose Yes Apple unlocked over 70 iPhones for FBI in the last. More than this...even in this case, FBI managed to access the iCloud backups. Question is: with or without Apple support? And no... not FBI made it public but Tim Cook in his letter. So real question is: Why Apple decided to made it public instead silently helping FBI as they did in the past and even in this case?

13. Oh just shup up. All you are doing is to moan on the internet and post almost 250 years old quotes. Other than that nothing. Only blacks have balls in USA.

14. Hey window licker try to find someone who can read and write and have them explain this article to you

iPhone 

15. lol where the hell you getting this from? Not only are you a coward and really stupid seems like you're also a latent racist.

...you should watch those Freudian slips budd they're more telling then you're capable of understanding

16. iPhone is obviously superior when it comes to mobile OS security

iPhone 

17. shhh, let him think he won while the rest of hs laugh at him from a distance

/tophat

18. That's a good question, and one I don't have an answer to. I just heard this info about an hour or so ago, and I was distracted as I was making pancakes and helping my wife out the door, so, I haven't had enlighten time to really digest it yet.

19. Well...they did riot for a change. White ppl in USA just talk about some quys fighting for independence almost 250 years ago. Other than that all you can do is to cry that NSA or FBI my peek at you over the camera and steal the photos of your cat.

20. That number (70) didn't came out of blue. Was used by FBI in court to back their request.