People Who I Think Make This Forum Better

Discussion in 'Other KaW Discussion' started by Imitation-Cheese, Feb 21, 2016.

1. This thread really highlights the truth about these forums is quite simply, it's a popularity contest.

Outside of guides, people will support you if they like you, and shoot you down if they don't regardless of the content.

That's a fact.

2. Unfortunately that is a fact.

3. Enough with the arguments its gettjng off topic. A little drama is fine but pages long is not respected. This is a good thread being ruined by a petty argument like drgn said.

4. Thanks, Drgn.

I think there's potential already here but some people are deterred by those who go around bashing other players.

You know, if someone makes a thread and the first response is a gif making fun of the OP, what's the chances of that thread going well? Pretty low most of the time. To add insult to injury, what's the chances of that person coming back to forums again? Pretty low.

If we want more people to participate, we've gotta make this a place where people have fun and are met with support.

There used to be an army of people trying to help others here until others went around squashing them calling them "try hards" or "mod wannabe." So what if someone wants to be a mod? Why is it a threat that someone wants to be part of the team that supports the community?

We need those mod wannabes back. We need that supportive environment back where people feel welcomed.

Just my two cents.

5. Good read here cheese, and I appreciate the mention.

Remember Norman, I forget his whole name. He was one to remember. One of the top trolls in my opinion. I saw IGCB mentioned later, he comes to mind as well. Mlckeyknocks and pinky were pretty entertaining for a while too.

6. I have tried to highlight both people I like and people I dislike as far as my list is concerned. I know this comment wasn't directed at me, but I just wanted to make that point clear.

7. You mean Eric northman? He was the best troll this forum has ever seen.

8. Btw where is ericnorthman on the list? Or troll machine? The real one, not the current one. Great forummers

9. I'm just happy I can use 0nesy as a well paying farm. It pays almost as much as a hte for me.

Thanks for the hookup onesy. You're not as much of a jerk as everyone keeps saying.

Actually. Yes you are.

11. Yes this account is so hard to find otherwise skinny 

12. Yeah, Eric. Lol I was way off.

13. me. because...

well, because i'm me. whats not to love?

14. I appreciate your kind words, and truth be told this past year has been A roller coaster for me in real life, I've gone through a lot and I don't have time/ really care to post forums anymore and 9 times out of time whenever I do post on forums, I'm drunk lol. But anyways, great thread.

15. I feel like leaving The_Philosopher (I may be a bit off on the name, but I'm fairly sure it's something along those lines) off of the legends/past forumers list would be doing him an injustice. His OSW threads were top notch; conveying both sides of the wars (fairly) accurately, as well as drawing in groups of KaW players who didn't typically forum. The war threads he made tended to last a few hundred pages before someone inevitably did something to get them locked, but nonetheless, the OP should be given credit.

16. I wonder if I can last 3-5 years in this game. Maybe the social aspect. But still, rl friends are better.
    I need to read more historical threads and the social side of KaW, like this.
    A user name and his/her personality interpretations from other players. Sounds interesting. I mean, the villain, the hero, the "joker", the intellectual and the provocative stereotyping.
    I wonder if it is the same in rl.
    Good read, op.

17. I appreciate the mention, cheese. I have been poking around in here a little as of late. Maybe it's time to give the forums a little more love and start foruming more again. Just been kept super busy with real life quite a bit as of late.

As for someone who made the forums a better place, my vote goes for AJ as a lost legend

18. The_philosopher is frog, who was mentioned.

19. While the entirety of what makes forums great is an entire mix of all sorts of things. You can't go saying that this person or that person makes things great.

All forums require all sorts, while those listed are parts of an entire community of formers, with those listed there's a few more I could add to this list as either lost or no longer active.

Dillybar
    Swabia

Are two I can think of that helped make a foundation for this forum, along with those who posted way back when these started. Without them and all the others whom added to them we wouldn't have the forums as they are.

So those who aren't on the list that are semi active I could think of would be

TROLL
    Naomi

Few others I can't think of now, but seeing this thread reminds me that forums are built on a group of people who post constantly, and or post worthwhile content.

20. I think when someone says a person makes forums great they mean they are part of contributing to making forums great.

There's lot of people who make the forum great in lots of different ways.