Idea to improve forums

Discussion in 'Wars' started by Zoltanocortez, Feb 19, 2016.

1. Sifting through all the... For lack of a more subtle term, garbage... In the forums it had occurred to me. There ought to be some sort of prerequisite to making posts.

Some have suggested a Minimum cs requirement but the problem here is, it becomes increasingly effortless to gain stats in this game. I would wager that a year from now we could gain HF complete in about 13 minutes.

But what doesn't inflate (so rapidly)? Nobs! Let's face it, the only way to keep things prim and proper is if there is an actual sacrifice to be made when we decide to post our ideas to the world.

Much like speakers for WC, there could maybe be a daily allowance like 2 free posts a day but slap a price tag for the chatterboxes after that. Making a new thread would cost, idk let's say 10 nobs or so maybe even 25.

Also I feel it is a good idea because it supports the hard working, totally original, non-copy/pasting b2b event running developers.

Discuss!

On a side note: I strongly believe that sending PMs and even changing our banner text should cost nobs. In fact why not implement a fractional reserve system that charges a small percent of a nob with every tap we make, this could solve that annoying botting issue that is become more and more blatant and rampant.

2. Who the hell are you? And who do you think you are?

I've never seen you contribute to this forum, yet here you are telling us all how awful we are.

You can take your idea and shove it where the sun don't shine.

How's that for a garbage post?

3. Finally someone with a little panache like myself ! I completely agree with every valid and useful point you have made! I love these ideas I hope it is implemented immediately, this is kaw of the future I hope.

4. A concerned citizen!

A famous man once said the only thing necessary for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing!

5. The way to fix this forum is through better policing and more contribution from well-informed people, not throwing a price tag on it, so only people with money get to contribute.

Our biggest problem, in my opinion is a laxed mod team letting people they agree with get away with murder yet squashing dissenters.

We need more mods like Chaos who are fair and who actually clean this place up when they're on.

6. Absolutely no support, and i would pay 100 nobs to No support this again.

8. No support. Stateless alts are the only ones who speaks the truth.

9. And why exactly do you care about forums quality? In 2 years you had 74 posts. Go away you attention seeker.

10. You are a good friend, Vlad, but statless alts are most commonly used for trolling and propaganda.

They need to go away.

11. I love you too Cheese. But without stateless alts many wouldn't talk because they are too scared by their noob "war" clans leaders.

12. Oh dear. So your plan is to restrict the freedom of speech of those who cannot buy nobs? Alright...

People already complain that kaw is too much of a pay2win game. Don't make it a pay2speak game. From my experience, payers and non-payers are capable of just as good ideas/threads.

Im also curious about your timing of this thread. The "garbage" that you speak of is actually an improvement from 2014. It hit a real low then.

I'm 99% sure that this thread is designed to start an argument so I'm not going to say what I'd normally say about a thread like this, but what I will say is that this is a terrible idea.

Maybe a 100 post count before making a thread would be a better idea? It'd mean that you'd have to have orientated yourself with the forums before making a thread and would therefore be respectful of what is expected from threads

13. This won't achieve anything. Other than killing forums because we won't be able to discuss anything. It'll take months for a good forum post to get going.

People who spend are not the only people in KaW. We shouldn't be restricting forums to only those able to pay. That's really unfair.

Instead of RESTRICTING people, why not encourage them to post constructively? Or ask for more policing of forums? Or start reporting the trolls?

Forums is one of the main places in KaW for discussion. It's where ideas start. Restricting might stop the trolls (even trolls have money) but it doesn't do anything to improve the game.

14. Reserved for what? :|

15. Four years and 96 posts... Pot meet kettle? Anyway just because I don't talk up a storm on an hourly basis doesn't mean I don't care about the forums.

There's a lot of good stuff on here too but I always see good threads get derailed by bad people. Just trying to find a way to help, nobody complains about the "freedom of speech restriction" that speakers do for WC. The forums shouldn't be any different. There will still be trolling but maybe to a lesser degree.

16. You get given 5 free speakers every day

17. No support then private chats about clan stuff will be exposed like Secrets will be for all to see also pm should cost nobs gtf outta here

18. I don't see any trolls derail good threads. Only bad ones