Apple VS FBI

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Moose2, Feb 18, 2016.

1. On Android phone is encrypted here. And same, a user can set to have data erased after 10 failed login atempts.

2. Support for Apple; stay strong fight the man

3. Right to a large extend save security oriented Android phones.

4. I would like to point out that if Apple did develop this, as previously stated, it will be found and abused by hackers and buyers on the black market. Once it goes to a certain group of people it will most likely explode worldwide going into the hands of anybody with a few hundred dollars, the knowledge, and a motive for getting into your phone.

Also, Apple does not simply sell out your information to some random company. You agree to it when downloading the app so technically you are selling your information away, not them.

Apple brings up a solid argument here, they would essentially be compromising their current system and the security of anybody who uses one of their current products until they came out with a way to counter it, if they do at all. While yes there may be a part of them protecting their 'image' for profit, they will be devastated if hackers get backdoors into their firmware.

5. Easy solution Apple unlocks that one device. Keeps program to themselves. Done.

6. Having a program exist with that ability at all is a risk in itself. Information always leaks. Safest way to keep it out of other hands Is to not make it at all.

7. Preach

8. The FBI can hack anything. They're just using this case to hopefully be able to force any company into unlocking anything in the future. There's nothing we can't hack.

9. I would rather use good ole' reliable, Nokia. It's battery lasted for weeks, it was impossible to break, and there's no reason to hack into it because the only thing on it was phone numbers.

In all honesty I would never use an Android, Apple products are the only major producer that can honestly claim they are unhackable. Android users, check out this article, it may be a bit dated but it was just one of the many articles on this topic.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/android-pho ... rium-says/

As for the issue between Apple and the FBI it seems that Apple is doing the right thing, wherever their actual reasoning may be does not really matter. On the other hand the FBI have a duty to protect the people of the United States, if they believe there is a serious threat to National Security on the phone they should do whatever they can to get their hands upon that information.

But, I honestly cannot see Apple giving in. This backdoor could be crippling to not only their products but also their reputation. Also, I have a sneaking suspicion that if this does get solved none of us will ever know how it actually went down.

10. @MerlinsBeard

1. What stops you to use you "good ole Nokia"?

2. Your link is irrelevant. Is talking about Stagefright. Ok...and what!? How many phones was hacked using stagefright? NONE. Stagefright was a security flaw that could become dangerous. No hacker managed to take advantage of it. Security flaws exists on any operating system. That's why on any upgrade changelog for Android or iOS you'll always see security fixes.

11. If they have dudes body then can't they just use hit thumb print to unlock the phone I know the iPhone 5 had a print scanner

12. Wouldn't technically be hacking

13. The fbi just needs deal with the fact that governments can't access all things.

14. They don't want to hack anyway. They ask Apple to open a gate for them in order to be able to use "brute force".

15. Think Apple should have done it quietly without the media or anyone else knowing. Lives matter more.

16. I don't think they really need the passcode people(certain skilled people) already can get into everything and see what has been sent and received on said phone. And I thought Apple already sells their info to the government?

17. Apple has unlocked phones for authorities at least 70 times since 2008. Which Apple doesn't deny. This is just a PR stunt to boost their falling sales and help their stock prices which they've spent already 6 billion or so in buyback of shares to keep their stock prices up.

18. Its the 5c and according to article doesn't have touchid

http://www.zdnet.com/article/apple-vs-t ... TRE17cfd61

19. Moose why does it have to be labelled a "Muslim terror attack" because generalising is easy right?