Why pvp events shouldn't have an opt-in option - my story

Discussion in 'Ideas + Feature Requests' started by wrath_oG_Grave, Feb 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Again, that's what opting in is for. If they wanted to try it out, they'd opt in. If they wanted to pvp, they'll do battle list hits. Some people don't like this aspect of the "war" game. Same way some people choose not to grow. That's how they like to play.

2. Sounds interesting, but N/a.
    I usually opt in, anyway, :).

3. You opted in, chose to try it out. There's enough people that'll return inc, just look at the size of the current OSW.

4. I support the OP but first:

You need to eliminate the use of OAF/OSF for pvp events. They have turned into the new pwar.

If that doesnt get fixed, very little will change.

5. Im asking for one ffa pvp blitz every 6months, I know I wouldn't have opted in if I had a choice.

6. I didn't opt in, once again you can't read, it was the ffa one, the first pvp event

7. People say its a war game and it is(i might have got that from the name :lol: ) but the thing is that its no longer a war only game..sure there is still osw and stuff but its no longer the core of the game. Its a game after all and it is up to people to decide how to play it sure they should try it out but some people maybe prefer the easier gold from eb and also even without the gold factor not everyone likes pvp..they prob just wanna grow asap which is the wrong way, i think, to play but again their game their choice.
    Tl;dr: let ppl play how they want to play if they wanna try pvp they will opt in or hit bl

8. Sorry for the repetition in that post lol

9. I personally wouldn't have a problem with this idea, but I have seen people leave the game because of Inc.

I don't always opt in but if someone is in cc thinking about it I explained the pros and cons of pvp events and let them decide. Opt in is the best option for all as it gives maximum freedom of choice, we've tried a everyone in, opt out and opt in and opt in stuck.

10. Support

11. I won a golden Raven on that first pvp event. It's crappy stats now, but it never ever loses its golden lustre.

12. 5% plunder though.

13. You pwnd me during the first pvp event too, I couldn't figure out how you'd be able to hit and than be too weak for me to hit after.

14. Now this is an idea I can get behind, there should be a minimum required amount of attack/spy buildings to opt in, pvp weekend just feels like a pwar with a huge roster to look through for a good osf to hit.

15. I feel like there should still be a choice in opting in. Call me a fairy but that's just how i play the game. I like ebs, getting equipment, and just generally levelling up. I don't have the time nor funds to spend too much on the game anyway. I do occasionally opt in to pvp to play around but I'm not too serious into the game. So for a casual player or "eb fairy" the opt in is nice.

16. Id totally support a non-opt in pvp event. I thought it was a fun time. And i usually dont ever bother with the pvp side of events, besides ee wars.

The first and only time they did it there was major backlash because so many people lost gold because it was so sudden and unexpected. No one was banked and everyone was getting farmed.

I bet there are still are osw that are going on to this day that have roots to the first pvp event.

If they were going to make a pvp event with out an opt in, they would have to let us know 3 to 7 days in advance. That way i think it would be more fair to all the people with out war builds and for the people who have alot of gold out.

17. If this was the case, there would be more FFA events.

I agree with Saberwulf and Bob. The first PvP where everyone was opted in was a problem cause there was no warning. I remember the ally market went nuts (for me, anyway) and I sat with several trill out the whole event :lol: With more warning I think it would have been better received. Even if they let us know about the idea first and let us give feed back it would have been better. It was bad planning on the devs part.

Two events twice a year that would opt everyone doesn't sound too bad. But in saying that, you'd be basically forcing some people into playing the game the way you want. Yes this is a 'war' game but I think we can agree this is predominantly becoming an event and eb game. It has been for a long time. There's simply no incentive to PvP any more. I know many will say you don't need incentives. But in todays KaW with the amount of events and the pretty good paying ebs, people want incentive to PvP.

It sounds good in theory. And I like a bit of PvP myself. But it's there any time people are interested in trying it.

Maybe a bit of a compromise would be having longer PvP blitzes?

18. Yeah but i paid 59 nobs for that seal of the damned and then i paid 59 nobs for that eb fairy dust (aka battle cry). Oh and $5 for those 6 xtals.

You really expect me to engaged in kingdom vs kingdom war/pvp? I want to be on leaderboard! The leaderboard that's based on how much i can spend and focus on pve (for gold) which totally contradicts the name of the game!
    Kingdoms at war! Not kingdoms at EBs!

Hocus pocus, didn't quote op cause too drunk to focus! Also there's a ton of sarcasm in my post.

19. Jesus you are a stupid one arent you..

20. Devs I imagine make more money on eb fairies who spend more on seals and xtals. Having been in osw for years, I actually spent far less money when at war whereas I used to spend a lot more on ebs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.