Cloning Discussion

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by -MF-, Feb 16, 2016.

1. Hello Forums, I’m here today with another question for you guys.

So recently I read an article about a lab in Korea that is cloning over five hundred animals a day.

Source: (https://www.newscientist.com/article/20 ... als-a-day/)

So this brings a couple questions;

- Do you think it's acceptable to clone animals and so on?
    - Do you think it'd be acceptable for people to be cloned?
    - Do you think YOUR society would accept people that are cloned?
    - Is it immoral to make clones solely for work?

What are Your thoughts Kingdoms at War?

I’ll add my opinion after this thread gets going ;)

2. SUPPORT

3. Well Jackson, why is that? :)

4. Clone Taylor Swift and send me one....nom nom

5. I think it's a great way to solve the food shortage issue we will have soon.. And as long as they don't clone people I don't see any problems with it... Maybe if they keep working at it we could clone ourselves an entire new planet as well?

That would be sweet

6. That'd be pretty sweet :D

7. Agreed!

Side note, why does every think that cloning people is immoral?

8. Cloning is awesome! I personally dont think we will have people being cloned, as we are already over our carrying capacity

9. But with the cloning of animals, do you think people will be more open to cloning people?

10. Support

11. Not
    Immoral:.

It's just too sneaky, too many privacy, trust, government issues already, just imagine if they start cloning politicians, or generals, or other people of "importance"..

In the theatre of battle alone it would cause many issues.. That's why no one should be allowed to do it..

12. Why dont clone people? Check any article on pressure on resources right now....rest of what thread asks for..i cant be bothered to type my opinion coz its not gonna change anything :lol:

13. What's wrong with cloning great leaders and generals? :D

14. At the end of the day, it will be up to oneself to decide if they want to be cloned. I for one dont want to be cloned, and i believe many people agree wjth me

15. Cloning Livestock and crops on industrial scales would obviously be a benefit (if conducted fairly)

You will of course have Animal Rights activists overreacting...

Anyway, that type of cloning is fine; its potential human clones that worry me.

16. Yes! Bring back Tyrannosaurus Rex.

17. I say we clone humans to harvest organs and clone animals for food. Imagine how cheap ivory would be if elephants were cloned lol

18. Eh. We can just make organs.
    No need to clone a while human...well then again...it would be useful to have a few clones you could safely swap organs with :lol:
    However that would be viewed as 'immoral'

19. I'd love a few clones of my wife (for personal reasons :)