So when do you think the new lands will arrive?

Discussion in 'Other KaW Discussion' started by 3nnui, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Support. Plus it's already been done to a degree and is working.

2. Just finished buying my highlands so I'm guessing soon

3. When will new lands be released? The answer is soon. 90% of all kaw updates and changes in the game are geared towards a the top 1000k. (The big spenders). Talk to anyone one of them and you will hear them complaining that 1 they wants new lands because they are build complete and 2 the ally market really is bad right now. Most of them are just hoarding plunder and not buying allies. They are all essentially waiting for new lands to be released in hopes that all the other smaller player will drop there allies to buy new lands.

The issue with this of course is that every time new lands are released prematurely players quit. Financially speaking this isn't a big deal for kaw as they are not big spenders. However it does impact the big spender negatively.

The truth is most of them they are essentially spending big amounts and building to be big fish in small ponds. When smaller fish quit they become less and less significant.

Let's be honest here. If let's say number 800 on LB a big spender was to wake up tomorrow morning and see that most of the of the smaller players have quit because of new lands. He is no longer 800 over 20000 but 800 over 2000 or something like that. I imagine his spending habits would go down dramatically.

Tuesday rant.

4. No......just no....

5. There's only been like 3 people here that are BC or close too it, and they don't really seem too bright. In my personal opinion releasing lands now will only hurt the kawmunity. It'll increase stats, which increases plunder, which will screw that ally market even more than it is now, and eventually when they're build complete again (which will only take them like a week) they'll have more money than before the lands.

6. Releasing lands is a temporary solution to inflation that will make the issue a lot worse in a few months.

8. New land will be out 12:00 PM PST.

9. Have any of you mids and smalls given any thought to how you will ever aquire some bfa? If the bc players do not get an outlet for spending, you will end up being lucky to even retain an allie to reach max plunder.

You should hope for new lands and big stat jumps, makes u to small to be hit by the bigger players.

As a final point, should newer players really be on an equal footing with people that have played for years? That just makes zero sense.

10. Wait you mean taking the already capped players and having them sink extra gold
    Into new lands/building at FULL prices isn't combating hyperinflation? The same players that have over 30T in allies would be put off and scared that "new"/"small" players are able to buy lands and buildings at a discounted rate, while still being YEARS behind in bfa?

Sounds about right yeah the idea I posted totally doesn't tax gold out of the system, while encouraging a faster development for players.

KaW doesn't need an economist to fix the economy. They need massive gold sinks for those with the money to sink gold into. Hell even BC players could drop massive amounts of gold in retooling HL/HF. The price drops also affect refunds on buildings. Gold will not "magically appear".

This reduces the gate between small and large, increases players "reward" to keep them coming back. I can upgrade every 2 days vs 3 weeks. Do not think in the realm of active 24/7 people. Developers cater to a wide range. By shortening the gold needed they might INCREASE profits as a stay in an HTE clan gets you HLBC more people buying seals/xtals and enjoying the game.

It is basic game design and psychology, not economics. There is plenty for players to spend gold, buildings/lands should not be the throttle for players new vs old. It will still take "new" people a long time to HFBC even at reduced rates.

11. There is no equal footing between a new player who is HFBC and a player who has been around who is HFBC. One has better equipment/bfa/pot stock/ skill at the wars/game.

Many many many people false equate stats to skills/time played. Even at discounted rates getting BC on the last 50 lands will still leave HUGE gaps between the two groups. Sure an Absyssal land goes from 3T to 2T. How long does it take those fresh face people to earn 2T. Do you not think that in he time it take them to earn 2T the larger players haven't already earned as much or more and are continuing growing/earning.

People are viewing this game as a long term investment. It is a game, it should be fun. Market return is not like buying a house, value does not go up. Buying lands/buildings is akin to buying a new car. You get a shiny new car bells and whistles. I can buy the same car two years later for significantly less than you.

Both of us have a vehicle that gets us from A to B. You have enjoyed your longer.

TLDR:
    Kaw is like buying a car, not a house. Value drops as soon as you drive it off the lot.

12. Discounting hf lands is ok. Hf buildings also could be discounted, again no big deal.

I still se no reason why people would care if more lands become available to those that wish to have them. If you dont want to buy them, then dont.

Many players have chosen to remain smaller, should we critisize them for this? Each person decides to play how they desire. I suggest that we all play how we wish too and not try to restrict others.

13. There will forever be a gap between new and old players, unless you are spending a lot of money ( or has lots of luck in ally market... Which isn't good right now) chances are a fresh player won't be BC in under 2 years.

People quit games all the time, more likely than not those who say they will quit KAW because BC is now too far away, will return at some point (*few exceptions).

And to another point those that are BC arnt really effecting the current standings of most players. They are generally not hindering their growth In the slightest.

14. Agreed, these new players kick my ass cs wise.

15. Only way I would support new lands is if the buildings didn't give plunder increases.