Lay of the Rimelands Story - Final: The Jewel and the Dagger

Discussion in 'Past Events' started by [ATA]Grant, Feb 12, 2016.

1. Tl;dr
    I just scrolled and skimmed for key words and pertinent info. Found none.

2. Wth was all that??? A wall of China size text with no event stuff at the end.. could this mean we actually get a damn break from these freaking events? ?? We may never know.

3. "Better a bleak future than none at all."

Does that refer to the game?

Let me guess, a wedding in the story? For 3-day item promo?

4. I just want to sit next to the mage so I can beat the brakes off of for all those fails!!!

5. True story (I'm guessing) far too long never came close to reading, break from events though yeah?

6. Great story devs -- little long but great :)

7. So at least now we know what the Devs have been doing with their all their time anyway

8. Well, I actually read the story ...

It ain't gonna win the Nobel Prize in Literature (or any literature prize, for that matter); however, considering the context, its reasonably good. I appreciate the effort that someone put into composing this.

That said, I don't really understand the point of the story within the grand scheme of the Kaworld.

What would make sense, i.e. what I would like to see, is for the story to relate to the game as such. By which I mean, that the story - the interpretation of the story - would provide clues or insights applicable to the actual game play.

What I am suggesting is that the stories should contain hidden and cryptic clues on how to achieve greater success in the game itself, in other words, some riddles for us to figure out and apply in the game play.

Now, wouldn't that be a fun challenge for us all?

9. Great story but I need more lands to build on. Make it happen already.

10. You should let your story writers do the events, they have more creativity

11. I'm a bit confused. The story was good. Very well written. However, I have NO CLUE where to place the story. Id's out a part of old event? A sort of intro to new event to come?? And I hate feeling like there's a back story that you may be releasing soon.

12. Was excited until I realized it wasn't a new event :/ appreciate the lore though I guess

13. I would of preferred a Jerry McGuire type mission statement to be honest. What the hell do you guys do all day, just seems a thread made out of boardom

14. Good story
    Lots of unfinished stories in forums you know so I thought you guys wouldn't either

15. Way to finish it off glad you didn't leave it unfinished good read devs

16. This is causing a ridiculous amount of inflation.

18. Need to give me 10 x-tal if you want me to read all that.i wait for the movie to come out.

19. Good story, good way to bring that part to an end.

20. Need the Coles notes version please