Solitary Confinement

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Nova60, Feb 11, 2016.

1. Lol idk why prison is being talked about so much. Guess you ppl who are curious have been in front of tv too long. Best way to find out is not to speculate but to experience 1st hand. So go get a gun and tie some nice folks up and get that prison sentence and # you underachievers. Yall are saying this and that but its pure speculation if you havent been there yourself. The only correct thing ive seen is "mind over matter" and that was speculation as well lol. Heres a tip... Stay safely nestled in your protected little world bcus once you cross that line youll never be the same.

2. It's just a discussion, Bigmack. No one here has claimed that they know everything about prison or that they know exactly what goes on inside. No one can know that other than people who have been there themselves.

If you have that insight, then feel free to share. Or don't. That's your decision. But if we limited discussion about things we had only dealt with first hand, there would not be much discussion at all about anything. That's the whole point of discussion - to talk and to learn.

We can discuss it. Maybe our points aren't accurate. But anyone who wants to give first hand knowledge is more than welcome to I'm sure.

3. I would paint.

4. I think you meant closed system... If it were an open system your logic would be flawed

5. in australia they paint solitary cells pink its surposed to be ae calming effect didnt help me 1 little bit it suckd like crazy tbh.

6. Pink? I didn't know that. Thanks for sharing Blacky :)

7. Prison is also for rehabilitation moose

8. I agree. Also, in most cases it costs more to execute someone than to give them live in prison.

9. I work as a prison warder. We have communal cells that can accomodate 60 offender, two man cells and a supermax section(isolation) cells.
    I am of the opinion that if i ever end up in jail i would prefer a isolation cell. Safety wise it is better to be in a single cell by yourself. Communal cells are like the breeding ground for gang activities. Most assaults of offenders occur in communal of two man cells. Most offenders in the above cells are forced to join a gang for their own protection otherwise they are targets for all the gangs.
    Guess what i want to say is that isolation cells also have benefits for the individual offender

10. Instead of solitary... I think there should be system where if u are awful enough to deserve solitary inside prison, you get lethal injection.

11. I honestly think prison is even worse because they build up even more anger.

12. Should see how them folks get moved around a unit. They come thru and gaurds make other inmates face the wall so they can shuffle thru in There shackles.

13. An inmate can't just request to be put in solitary. So basicly there just thrown in to a place where they have to fit in or be a victim of their surroundings???
    Keep in mind some people are there for DWI or possession of some type of drug. In Texas there's guys doing g life for possession of weed from back in the 80's when Texas would crucify you for that.

14. How much time did you do?

iPhone

15. Texas has a program called Prison Entrepernership Program. (PEP) There picky on who gets in but recidicism rate is less then 10%. Rehabilitation can work when applied.

16. An inmate can request to go to the hole, cho moes,rapists, and snitches do it all the time...it's called checking in....

17. Solitary confinement sentence for the entire term would be a great punishment for all serious offenders.
    Murderers, molesters n rapists alike would have a real deterrent to face up to.
    Rehab is too good for them.

18. Yay so because its not about rehabilitation nobody should be bothered when these people get out of jail and kill someone.

19. I was a prison guard for a couple of years back in the late 90's. It is the most miserable job on the planet. In that time, I had never heard of a cho moe. What is that? I'm curious.

20. U sayin they r all good lil boyz after being released? Some ppl belong in prison.