Mac vs PC

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by TheArchitects, Feb 11, 2016.

1. In light of the new debate that went up I would like to dedicate a new forum to discuss if a Mac is better, or a PC

PC

In my personal opinion a PC is used for gaming. You can do productive things on it but it is more geared towards gaming. I myself am currently designing a game on a PC

Mac

A Mac seems to be a product much more geared toward productivity. Which is quite funny because originally a Mac was used for gaming and a PC was used for creation

Now, let the debate begin!

2. Mac is a PC.

PC stands for Personal Computer. And Apple Macintosh (Mac) is a personal computer (PC).

I think what you really want to ask is which operating system we prefer.

If so, you should edit your OP to correctly frame your question: Apple OS X or Microsoft Windows?

3. Wanted to type this but was too lazy

4. Okay, what is better, Mac OS, or Windows

5. I was slapping myself because of OP and then Iread this and you saved me! Thank you jesus :lol: Least someone knows what they're talking about! OP please go back to tech school

6. Apple all the way

7. I do know about this lol, I was simply referring to the operating systems

8. Well one could blame the Op's post on the Mac Comercials "I'm a Mac. I'm a PC" lol

But any how

Bump 4 Linux

9. Linux. Variety of "flavors". Built for different generations of computers. Large community of open-source programmers, evolving to adapt in every hardware for different purposes.

10. Custom build PC FTW! You can also dual boot Hackintosh and get some peripheral (mouse and keyboard) from apple.

Other than that I'll stick with a custom built PC or a really well made high end laptop.

This.

I fell in love with #! (Crunchbang) ever since.. it's my fav distro and i always have a live CD of it. Most of my systems (current laptop) is dual booted with Win7 and #!.

12. The way microsoft is going, subscriptions are going to be prevalent in future updates to windows.

Or maybe even payments will be required to update.

Linux seems less "corrupt" right now...

Two quotation marks because I dont have a better word lol.

13. I doubt it, you still have to pay for windows which is still major profits on their end. Plus, windows 10 has some major security/privacy issues. Microsoft will probably data mine win10 users and sell their info. Which is bad for you and good for them $$$.

14. Gaming windows computers are always going to have better availability of software and hardware to perform with custom built machines.

Having said that, i own a 2013 macbook pro, and it does great for photography/graphic design, and office.

I play a few games on it, mainly Sim City. The mac app store suffers greatly on good games, as most Mac game developers are now geared toward mobile devices or console/pc ports.

I use both daily, mac and pc. I work on a 2500$ Dell precision laptop, and go home to my MacBook Pro. Both are reliable, but if you're core reason for having a computer is game software, you would want to get something that has gaming software to begin with, right?

15. Low quality.

16. This thread is a repeat of another one