Help on GTA IV

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by TheArchitects, Feb 8, 2016.

1. So I know this game is outdated, but I'm having a bit of a problem

So I bought GTA IV off of amazon and downloaded it from steam. I installed it and this is the problem

So when I click on the GTA IV it launches the rockstar thing I click on play offline, the game launches loads up and then crashes back to my desktop. In task manager it still says the process is running.

My specs

Quad core 2.8ghz processor
    2gb video ram
    6gb of system ram
    Windows 7 premium 64 bit

If anyone can please help me on getting the game running that would be great

2. Drink red bull, it'll give u wings.

3. Have you tried turning it off and on?

4. Why did you buy the game twice? Seems kinda redundant to buy the game off Amazon and then again off Steam, if using the Steam file try and verify the files on it to see if anything is missing.

With the Amazon issue I'm going to inquire if it is a physical copy or digital.

5. Yes I have that does not work

6. He didnt buy it twice. You buy it on amazon and it can give you a code to redeem on steam.

8. *Needs help on a game*
    *Post on a forum that has no connections to that game*
    *Expects results*

9. get a mac

/lol

10. It's more than likely in your screen resolution. Try adjusting it then run it as an admin.

11. 1.Get your phone

2.go on App store/Playstore

3.Buy GTA San Andreas

4. Sorted.

12. It is entirely possible your gpu isnt supported by the game and thats causing the crash, verify game cache that may fix it

13. Check the game cache to make sure no files are missing. If you don't know how search it up.

14. Perhaps update your gpu driver to the latest version. I remember this game had an issue with gpus with greater than 2gb vram but it needs to start for that one

15. Minimum:
    Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8Ghz, AMD Athlon X2 64 2.4Ghz.
    Memory: 1.5GB.
    Free Hard Drive Space: 16GB.
    Video Card: 256MB NVidia 7900 / 256MB ATI X1900.
    DirectX 9 compatible Stereo Sound Card.
    Keyboard.
    Mouse.

16. Try contacting support.

17. I remembet having the same issue a while back try googling it. Cimpatibility issues are commin with thath game

18. I already have that. I would rather play gta on my computer than my phone

19. The real question is . Why are you playing gta 4 anyways .

20. A gaming Mac