Off Topic: The Draft America's Daughters Act

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by MR_Un1V3r5E_ThE_MaCHiNE, Feb 5, 2016.

1. There shouldnt be a draft at all. With all this technology going on let drones and other machines do the fighting so more lives are spared. Not everyone wants to go to war, as the old drafts have shown those who dont will simply leave.

2. Exceptions? ....never said anything about exceptions. Drafts are enacted when more "combat troops" are needed. They don't enact drafts because they need more medics and truck drivers. Republicans are opposed to women in combat roles period so why would they want to include women in the selective service? It's pure BS

3. If we ever do draft women for a war I think the units should be segregated to reduce distraction

4. ToddStillLovesBacon is correct, the draft is only imposed when more combat troops are needed.

And yes, the bill sponsors are even looking to vote against the bill if/when it gets to a floor vote. They are wanting a discussion about it because it hasn't been discussed since women now are included in combat ranks.

The main problem here is some people say the male-only draft is discriminatory against males, because females are exempt.

It comes down to who we are as a country. Id assume the secular government will strike down the ban/1981 court ruling anyways if it reaches the supreme court.

5. My whole point is that the "process" shouldn't be used to make or prove a partisan point of view. It makes a joke out of our system.

6. cause girls cant fight duhh

7. The unfortunate reality is that very few women wanted the combat role option, and now their insistence on being included in combat roles has exposed ALL women to the draft.

Those few women who wanted to serve in combat jobs have not pushed for equal physical fitness standards, something that stands in stark contrast to their desire for equality.

At the end of the day, the voices of the liberal few will be louder and stronger than the silent majority, who, as always, will be the victims of a narrow political agenda.

I apologize to all women who never asked to be a part of this. I hope you all stand together to ask to be excluded and to reverse the arbitrary decision to open combat jobs to women. We should let the physically stronger men be the protector of the women. This is how it's always been, and this is how it should always be. Women are just plain weaker. You can't deny genetics.

8. The funny think is you think you know what you are talking about.

When you've served in a combat unit come talk to me, until then keep believing what liberals spoon feed you.

9. They should get drafted to the front lines to distract the muslims. When we war russia just set a bunch of vodka bottles out to distract them...the chinese like dogs and cats ...etc etc etc

10. As women continually push for equality, it would be ridiculous to say that they should be exempt from the draft.

Unless the Facebook feminists are scared and that its a man's job of course.... Which would be hypocritical.

Do I support the idea, not necessarily, but if we are to say we support gender equality you cannot oppose this.

11. The draft will never happen again (imo) so making women draft eligible will only empower these "facebook feminists" for something else that they shouldn't have. It's a waste of time/effort and only causes more "this for that"

...you're giving them fuel for the fire

12. From 2/6 Primary election debate:

Christie, Bush and Rubio have stated they support women entering the draft.

Ted Cruz is currently the only opposer. His words: "Are you guys nuts?"

13. First make the PT standards the same. Then worry about the draft.

14. Theres only 1 gun ae women can handle perfectly and thats ae man's 1 so yeah im all for women getting drafted into battle

15. Much stereotyping. Many humour.
    Can I be you?

16. Who would take care of the country if millions of women and men left?The Children and all the shops, and plants... o.o

17. I think women have every right to serve with their men and defend their nation's values and liberties if they want..

18. Interesting topic, but, in my opinion, the issue isn't important.

The last draft America had was during the Vietnam war, and it was a disaster. If America ever uses the draft again, the country will be in a situation that's beyond hope.

I can't imagine the military ever doing anything aside from a volunteer force

19. ...do you even read the previous posts before you decide to post? Or you just type the 1st wandering thought that pops up in your head?