That Sneaky L Word

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by TCW-BobRosszHappyBush-TCW, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Hi guys, it's your friendly forumer Bush here to talk to you about that sneaky little L word. As that ridiculous, over commercialized, greeting card holiday quickly approaches, I thought I'd take the time to throw up this thread.

Love. Sometimes, for us awkward folks, it's hard to come by. So,I thought I'd ask you guys, how do you turn awkward into gold? Post your best awkward Valentines, advice, stories and even selfies! You never know, you could make a love connection ;)

I'll start us off with one of my fav awkward valentines! (And I had just might throw up a selfie. Who knows? :D)

[​IMG]

2. so people can read the purple

3. Sorry, it looks fine on my phone. Lol
    Also, it was supposed to be dark magenta. How disappointing. Lol

4. I'd like to see a series of Ron Burgundy Valentine's cards...

Imagine all the classic Burgundy faces with great sayings like...

You're just a woman...a woman with a brain a third the size of us...it's science...Happy Valentines Day

I want to be on you...Happy Valentines Day

My apartment smells of rich mahogany...Happy Valentines Day

5. Alright. This isn't valentine's, but of a date where I was a bit goofy.

I believe it was the second date with a gal I had just met. She was really sweet, and we shared many interests. She was also smokin'. We had decided on a dinner date, followed by a walk through a nearby nature park, and end with the late show at the local movie theater.

(Just for some background, I was about 17 years old at the time)

Anyway, the date went totally awesome and we were really making a connection. We were done the movie and all that was left was to take her home, so I made the move. (You know the one, where you pretend to open the car door for her, but turn and place your hand on her cheek, little finger under the jaw, and kissed her. Well woo-hoo! Fireworks baby!

After our little lip connection I got in the drivers seat to take her home. Well I must have been a little distracted, because backing out of the movie parking lot I reverse right into a bright red dumpster. Not a little bump either, like a good solid smack that jolted us back a bit. So I pull away a bit and check my car. A little scrape of paint (no big deal: it'd later get written off and a slight rear ending accident when I totaled the car).

The moral of the story: no matter how smooth you are, and no matter how well the date goes, you should always be aware of your surroundings in a motor vehicle.

BTW, we eventually married and now have two beautiful children.

6. Awww Delph, that's cute.

7. ^ gotta follow that comment up with pics Ash!!

8. If Ash shows that gorgeous mug, I will too ;)

9. Love Is fickle and can happen at anytime whether you know it or not. Even my love came as a surprise. I was still in school trying to finish up my classes, walked onto the bus and say down not really thinking about much, then the most beautiful girl started talking to me, did I know at the time she was gonna be mine forever? No honestly I didn't. As the week went by we grew a lot closer then friends ever could, back then it was a great milestone just to hold hands and we started that before I even had the courage to ask her out, ever since then we have been together. There's my awkward love story, not the greatest but definetly one of the best memories I have that I will always cherish.

10. What I'm going to tell my valentine...

11. Roses are red, villains are hot.
    Don't let weirdos stare at ur butt.

12. Thou can shake my spear gurll

Tea won't be the only thing I'm dropping into your harbour

Just a taster of the medieval romances

13. NO FLIRTATION WITHOUT REPRESENTATION!

14. Colors hard to read. Moves to next thread.