Petition for Making a Gifting Feature

Discussion in 'Ideas + Feature Requests' started by One-BaDaSs_PaiN-In_Ur-AsS_LiLi, Feb 3, 2016.

1. vitalsigns and other "men of the interwebs" please stay on topic. Already said seals are not giftable.

2. Back to topic, something similar is on pmid if I remember so not impossible to switch to kaw style. And again I like the this.

3. Unfortunately every time I have seen this suggested it leads to the amount of ways this could be abused.

Primarily gifting to alts making them overpowered.

These days it's a little different with the events allowing more access to overpowered equipment for all.

There may be a way to discourage abuse through heavy taxation or linking accounts that you can gift to.

At the moment I feel the best way to gift is to seal and give pots to the person you are trying to help.

It would be good however to gift nobility and xtals to people though. They would still have to be purchased or awarded by devs first. But even here I see abuse with alts gifting quest xtals and nobs. Though this could be dealt with by limiting gifts to purchasable packs that you can gift to a linked friend.
    Buy the pack and gift it. Devs win out and it's a chance for people to help others.

But then you end up with the option for people farming to blackmail and pressure people into buying the packs as cf terms.
    See the issue? I just talked myself out of supporting that.
    Shame that a generous idea has so many flaws due to this being a war game.

4. Ooooh yeah.. That's a good point

I see that sexy piece of equip you spent a ridiculous amount of money to get in the top 10 of the last event. I'm going to farm you until it is mine

5. I disagree with optimal. First of all, like u said urself, event equipment already opens door for small accounts to have great quipment. In season 5 we watched accounts drop builds to be in smaller bracket with huge bfa/bfe. Gifting was not an issue. So that argument is invalid. On the other hand u can help a starter account in ur clan or ur alternate by gifting the equipment u don't use.
    As for the question of extortion, lol. I can try and extort from u a seal now (not using my lady parts). Does that mean u are gonna cave in? No.

6. Optimal for equipment I would say we should only be able to trade the original eb equipment not ee or event equipment. To reduce the impact of overpowering maybe..

7. Support hate having all equip im not using on this acc thats better then my alts equip

8. Question number 1:

Will this make the Devs money?

Whatever the answer is to that question is the answer to whether or not this will be implemented.

9. I believe in miracles

10. you sexy thang

11. Fazzan that makes more sense as it would limit the risk of abuse and provide help for those in smaller clans to hit bigger epics.
    But does that then ruin the experience of gaining that equipment for themselves.

Admittedly with the end today. The older end that drop that equipment are very much redundant.

Pain the fact people dropped build highlights the issue of abuse. And yes you are right about seals.
    But that's where it's who would and who wouldn't.
    Maybe if the devs can link accounts that can gift as I mentioned there would be a way to mitigate the potential for abuse.

But with the current system. I personally think hte and items is the easiest way to gift.

But I'd love to see some more ideas on this. It's a generous well intentioned idea. That I would like to support

12. With event equipment the strength it is and the events happening regularly the days of excitement getting that allusive drop are gone unfortunately. :(

So we a new player might be able to get one slot with an event item quickly the other would still take ages to fill.

13. this is a great idea .i'd like to get rid of or exchange or just give away to my friends also my cloths and blades for banners .

14. Is me your fwend? <3

15. Yes and all those little odd bits just been looking and noticed I still got some ash

16. You never know, someone might just be 10 ash off their next ring enchantment. That'll make their day :D

17. I got 70 I can make seven people happy :)

18. Creating an auction house for us to spend our gold in would give us more incentive to buy xtals and seals to make that gold.

Creating premium gift packs to sell would also boost sales

19. of corze you're one of kaws good guys.